It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking your own urine helps your health

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This reminds me of a story my Mother told of her chemistry class many years ago.

The Professor instructed everyone to bring a glass of their urine to class. He then began to lecture on the scientific method�the importance of careful observation and following procedure.

At this point he placed a glass of urine on the table in front of him. He ordered that everyone do exactly as he did. He then dipped a finger in the urine and licked his finger.

Of course there were groans and protests from the class. Some did it and some refused.
Only a few noticed that he had dipped his index finger and then licked his middle finger.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Drinking urine is an old cure... So is eating snot - dried only. ...I have a series of articles on this somewhere (hard to get to), but it's molecular biology/immunology/endocrinology, and a topic of (limited) contemporary research. The body produces antibodies against microbial infection. These antibodies are excreted as waste in mucous, urine and scabs for example. So slurping or munching on a bit of same is much like getting an antibiotic/antiviral cocktail perfectly tailored to attack whatever infection is in your body. ...This explanation is almost verbatim from a Swiss medical report - I swear!

...The body also excretes infectious microbes and organisms, including infectious prions. Presumably the good guys outnumber the bad guys. I'm not aware of any studies that actually measure any of it tho. LOL Won't happen - if it's all ever perfectly verified, the drug companies would go broke.

...Have been meaning to research to see if phages are produced in the body and excreted too - haven't, but they probably are (phages kill viruses). ...Also, would like to know how prions fit with this profile. Prions are infectious proteins, excreted in urine etc. like bacteria and viruses. ...sigh There is always so much to learn....

BUT - I'm glad you brought this up. I'm skipping my flu vaccine this year, and thanks to you, I now have a back-up plan.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   

soficrow
rinking urine is an old cure...

Next thing I hope to see is you selling patent medicine that is 50% alcohol.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godsent
First of all, who do you think offered to volunteer themselves in this study? Might have been a poor drunk college student needing extra cash thinking it was beer for a month or so - do you think?

All I know is there was quite a bit of hype over the soldiers "last resort" on drinking their own urine; maybe by releasing info that "it's actually good for, nutritious too" they think that people would calm down over the soldiers/urine thing.

I think you have a point here. Funny how this study cropped up, gets reported when we know good and dern well that drinking urine will eventually shut your liver/kidneys etc. down.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The uses of it:

Urine has a variety of uses in the dying industry. First, it acts as a cleansing agent, removing oils and dirt -- especially important in preparing wool for dying. Reportedly, the resultant wool, once dried, is not only much cleaner, but also extraordinarily soft to the touch.

While zillions of products marketed in the supermarket and online profess to clean away urine stains, giving the sense that urine is a powerful soiling agent only, urine itself has actually been used as a bleaching agent for centuries -- perhaps millenia. This fact may make more sense when you consider that both bleach and urine are strongly alkali and that both have the ability to dissolve or disintegrate biological material (seen Tanning, above. Nonetheless, most modern folks balk at adding fresh urine to the laundry machine ("But won't it make the clothes stinky?"), although they are quite confident about pouring nasty smelling, caustic bleach in with the wash.

But of course it is not the stink that makes urine a good bleach. It's the ammonia. (Don't believe me? Check the ingredients on a bottle of Mr.Clean.)

Believe it or not, you can make your hair cleaner by dousing it with urine. Kinda takes those "shower" games you tried to a whole new level doesn't it? I think we can figure out how this one was invented.

The more intriguing part is actually how it works. It turns out that urine shares some similar chemical properties with soap and detergent. Highly alkaline, urine can cut through greasy build-up and leave hair, dare we say it, "softer and more manageable".

Naturally the whole process provides more pleasant smelling hair (according to modern standards) if combined with warm water rinsing and, better yet, a sudsy plant product such as soap root.

Similar to the shampoo above, urine has the ability to clean away dirt and oils from your skin. Some feel it gives their skin a softer, more radiant appearence. Supposedly its very popular with certain women (of the wealthy persuasion) in Japan. Imagine, Asian beauties lolling about in big vats of pee. Truth or folk legend? Here in America we simply distill the urea out of urine and slap it into every beauty product we can think of.

Now this may sound ridiculous and disgusting, but you have to consider where the practice is popular. First of all, it was very popular in cold places, like Siberia. Imagine if you will, living in a frozen wasteland where there is barely enough fuel to light your hovel and cook part of your food. Melting the snow and then further heating it -- just to get hot water for dishes -- is not going to be high on your list of priorities.

But imagine that your utensils have just been awash in smelly blubber and seal guts and whatnot. Assuming your home is at least warm enough that your nose hairs don't freeze and fall off, the odds are that the blubber smears are going to turn rancid and breed bacteria. So what does the smart Siberian housewife do? Passes the dish pan and lets everybody pee in it. Voila! Hot water for washing dishes and utensils. It dissolves grease and is virtually sterile (unless of course you live in a part of the world where no one ever bathes their genitals).

Medical Facts :

Pee is virtually sterile when it exits the body
Urine contains vitamins, minerals, proteins, enzymes, hormones, antibodies, and amino acids For example, urine, which is also the primary component of amniotic fluid, contains DHEA, allantoin, factor S, gastric secretory depressants , urokinase, and of course, urea. There are also 1000's of other compounds as well. Urine itself however does not contain Ammonia as many people have been taught. It contains the bacteria that make Ammonia.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Excellent information Shdwfx.........informative stuff!

But even with your added information I am having a TOUGH time actually understanding the FOCUS of wanting to ingest ones urine.

I do of course understand its many uses beyond ingestion. I also understand the female desire to look great, but..........drinkin p? I just might have to pass on THAT beauty secret. I will pass on the big P bath as well......asian beauties may keep that.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I hate to take sides but he is basically right. American Indians used their own urine to apply to styes which are eye infections. They are of the Herpes family and are caused by, eyestrain, infection, and low Fe in the blood. I can remember my great-gandmother on my moms side of the family mention it one time.
The Indians would take a corn husk and urinate on it and when it was wet through and through they would make a compress out of it and apply it to the eye. The Uric acid in it killed the H. Virus and in few days it was gone. It would only work on an open sore or a boil but it did not kill the virus throughtout the body.
As far as drinking urine, that would take a sick puppy to sit down and take a swig of pee. I could hear it now "Hey Bart how about another round of pee on the house.?" Recycled profits!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm all for natural remedies but ugh, that's just a little to natural for me. People seem to be into it though, there are sites which feature uses for the product I wish I'd never seen.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
You can drink like a bagillion gallons of piss before anything will start to happen to you. I just dont see why you would be drinking something your body already filtered out that was bad?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Gotta remember the media is real great at giving us CRAP to talk about, .... it's like ... Quick look over there... while they steal your wallet...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Drinking urine is an old cure... So is eating snot - dried only. ...I have a series of articles on this somewhere (hard to get to), but it's molecular biology/immunology/endocrinology, and a topic of (limited) contemporary research. The body produces antibodies against microbial infection. These antibodies are excreted as waste in mucous, urine and scabs for example. So slurping or munching on a bit of same is much like getting an antibiotic/antiviral cocktail perfectly tailored to attack whatever infection is in your body. ...This explanation is almost verbatim from a Swiss medical report - I swear!

...The body also excretes infectious microbes and organisms, including infectious prions. Presumably the good guys outnumber the bad guys. I'm not aware of any studies that actually measure any of it tho. LOL Won't happen - if it's all ever perfectly verified, the drug companies would go broke.

...Have been meaning to research to see if phages are produced in the body and excreted too - haven't, but they probably are (phages kill viruses). ...Also, would like to know how prions fit with this profile. Prions are infectious proteins, excreted in urine etc. like bacteria and viruses. ...sigh There is always so much to learn....

BUT - I'm glad you brought this up. I'm skipping my flu vaccine this year, and thanks to you, I now have a back-up plan.

Wouldn't that mean that we can manufacture life saving drugs from our urine? ... and why haven't we made any breakthroughs?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It isn't waste from the stuff you eat, it is from your blood so there is nothing wrong with it.
And it isn't waste either, it's the leftover salts and minerals from your blood, once oxygen hits your urine it automatically becomes sterile, also.
People say that it's bad because it was expelled from your body but that doesn't mean that it's unwanted waste, most of the stuff in your urine is minerals that could not be absorbed at the time.
I've heard that it is very good for you.

But in some cases there are side effects that can lasts for up to weeks, but that doesn't apply to everyone.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
urine is a good source of cleaning wounds.

where im from in the pacific people get normally bee-stunged and the most immediate thing to do is urinate on the sting

and like previously posted stepping on sea-urchin (which is painful) and urinating on it is a old-remedy that beats anything

there's experiments on filtering piss, even NASA astronauts filter their own pee for drinking water

heres the experiment, using filtered piss

www.youtube.com...

- The Sultry Salesman

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SultrySalesman
urine is a good source of cleaning wounds.

where im from in the pacific people get normally bee-stunged and the most immediate thing to do is urinate on the sting

and like previously posted stepping on sea-urchin (which is painful) and urinating on it is a old-remedy that beats anything

there's experiments on filtering piss, even NASA astronauts filter their own pee for drinking water

heres the experiment, using filtered piss

www.youtube.com...

- The Sultry Salesman

Also, if you are in the bush, or outback, and you fall and scrape lots of skin/flesh etc - put urine on the wound, both to wash it and to make it heal. It is so much more fast and effective than antiseptic creams.

A friend of mine removed a golf-ball sized cancer tumour off his arm, using nothing but his own urine - applied externally, as well as drinking it. Being a scientist, he documented the experiment. It took a few weeks to go from golf-ball size, to completely no cancer whatsoever.

Duncan

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Call me when I can run my car on pee.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
Call me when I can run my car on pee.

Cute.

How about correcting your signature. It should read Dr Carol Rosin, not Carla.

Her work is significant enough to warrant me pointing this out to you.

peace

Duncan

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It's supposed to stop athletes foot-being sterile? Other than that I doubt it has the health benefits expressed. If it has any benefits besides topical healing... It's just not fit to drink-of course. They would have to remove the 'good parts' of it and make into pill/etc., form. Mostly seen like a home remedy and of course not all work for all people.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by dreamingawake]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RedBalloon

I beg you ATS members, do NOT drink your urine.

Do NOT drink anyone else's urine.

If you have inadvertently drank urine during a runaway "golden shower" incident. Induce vomit, call poison control.

Urine, though helpful with bee stings, is NOT a beverage.

So please say NO to urine.

edit to add: don't drink urine.

[edit on 8/24/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have heard that first morning urine is full of hormones that if consumed are a tonic to an ailing body.

Do a search on Urine Therapy.

I have never tried it, but I know that many claims on the internet and studies prove it is beneficial.

Break down in Urine

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Realtruth]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join