It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking your own urine helps your health

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Woo HOO!!

There is pee drinking going on right now on CSI if anyone happens to be watching.

The dead chick drinks it. Hmm another vote against drinking urine for health.

LL1

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm in total agreement with Nygdan and FredT. It's bodily waste!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Apparently, in ancient times Egyptian soldiers would pee on their wounded comrades during combat - apparently it disinfected the wounds.

LL1

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Also good for removing sea urchins. But I would not advise for drinking.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Apparently, in ancient times Egyptian soldiers would pee on their wounded comrades during combat - apparently it disinfected the wounds.

It contains a lot of ammonia, and it's relatively sterile when fresh.

Great way to disinfect a wound. Egyptians also used honey as an antibacterial. Both worked well, and both seem nasty as honey is an excrement of sorts also.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
Egyptians also used honey as an antibacterial. Both worked well, and both seem nasty as honey is an excrement of sorts also.

Honey works. I tried it on my finger once, the infection I had in a cut-wound disappeared quite fast.
I recommend using honey as a sweetener in tea instead of sugar. Many people don�t know sugar should be avoided in greater quantities. At least if it�s refined sugar you normally use. If you can�t or won�t use honey, use unrefined sugar at least. Your brain uses a lot of energy digesting that sugar. Don�t eat sugar if you need instant brainpower for some reason (IQ test or similar).

As for that pee thing, I won�t even think about it...
And that lady who washes her hair in it, does she smell good or what?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
RedBalloon - hehe, I hope you don't spread honey on your toast in the morning

Actually, a lot of the food we eat has, um, hidden origins... for example, the reason figs taste so good is that some kind of ant gets in there and lays its eggs in them.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

It contains a lot of ammonia, and it's relatively sterile when fresh.

Great way to disinfect a wound. Egyptians also used honey as an antibacterial. Both worked well, and both seem nasty as honey is an excrement of sorts also.

buzz buzz. wrong answer.

Urine does contain a relatively high amount of ammonia, although it is NEVER sterile.

You couldn't pay me enough money to drink my own urine. or put it anywhere other than a toilet bowl.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

the reason figs taste so good is that some kind of ant gets in there and lays its eggs in them.

You just want all the figs for yourself, don�t you?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbo
Urine does contain a relatively high amount of ammonia, although it is NEVER sterile.

Its sterile for you. It came out of your own body.

Originally posted by Bobbo
You couldn't pay me enough money to drink my own urine. or put it anywhere other than a toilet bowl.

I wish my ex felt that way. I spent too many hours with a bathroom sponge in my hand or freaking out about stepping in something wet when getting up to pee at 3am.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hellmutt - LOL! actually, during my undergraduate studies in communication I had this teacher who had this fixation on little-known facts about food... and every class he'd have one "gross factor".

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Bobafett had the right idea, go out and research it. I had just ran across it the other day before seeing this thread, so I decided to see what others were saying. I personally don't think I could ever handle drinking my own urine, but that's because I was raised in this culture of certain stigmas and/or beliefs that there are just certain things you don't do.
Urine is in fact not a waste product like feces are, and if you choose to do some actual investigation just to see the how's and why's maybe you would discover things about your body you didn't realize.
One site to try is educate-yourself.org. Maybe while you're their you can learn a few other things you didn't know before you blurt out your programmed instincts.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
My step-mother told me that her grandfather used to drink a cup a day... He also smoked cigars for a good chunk of his life and apparently and live to 103...

Personally I'll stick with yogurt

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
www.nexusmagazine.com... here is a good story.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Aparently, sipping your own pee helps cancer, aging, reducing dandruff, helps sinus problems...

Oversimplification. Ancient concept from Ayurvedic medicine. The human body is the most complex nanotech construct around. Can't make simple statements like 'pee cures cancer'. How much? Gathered how? From what diet? What time of day? Caught two older Hindus 'picking flowers to offer to God' today- the flowers were Oleander, a deadly poison. When I explained to them that the flowers were deadly, the man exclaimed 'so complex the world!'. Beware Darwin. Study much, and act only after much collective deliberation: www.hindunet.com.au...

Ammonia is not the active principle here. Antibodies, enzymes, and so on. The modern study of such things is called Naturopathy.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Ive never heard of DRINKING IT....yuk......

But its a FACT that peeing on your feet in the shower COMPLETELY gets rid of any foot fungus you may have. Apparantly your personal pee has just what will kill the fungus.
Washing your hair in your urine WILL cure you of any dandruff problems yes!.......just do a urine rinse and leave it on for like 3 minutes...then shampoo and condition as normal. The urine kills any fungus on your head as well as your feet.

its VERY GOOD to pee in the shower on your feet....then wash as normal! Dont waste good pee by peeing in the toilet first...save it for your showers....SERIOUSLY!
(go ahead and laugh at me but it really works)
I have NEVER heard of drinking it except in the case of having NO OTHER LIQUID to drink.......in that case it CAN save your life.

on an episode of 'SURVIVOR' a man stepped on a sea urchin and was stung.....he was shouting "who can pee on my leg for me?" A female then peed on the sting and he was better instantly. It took the sting away and cleaned the wound.

Once on 'DAVID LETTERMAN'....Madonna was on, and he was picking on her, so she changed the subject by saying " Dave, did you know that peeing on your feet in the shower cures atheletes foot???" I was thrilled because she was right on about that!......great way to change the subject I thought....informative yet contraversial.....one of the few times I liked Madonna.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I have heard this before as well as eating your buggies keeps the imune system stronger, even if all this is true YUK YUK YUK

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Actually drinking your own urine can cause kidney damage. I posted a thread about the US military using urine instead of water on their food. It claims that is has filters to keep out most bacteria, but it can't filter out urea, which is what causes the kidney damage.

US army food...just add water

ATS THREAD

LL1

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Urine, figs (with ant eggs), and boogies....

Sure sounds delicious....
Severed in which fine resturants in NY???
I have to look at "Zagat" (resturant's survey) once again.
Now let's see do we eat the figs with the ant eggs first? or
the boogies first, I'm sure we are to wash it all down with urine.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
First of all, RedBalloon your original link is broken!

Second of all, uric acid is poisonous to the body that is why we excreate it.

This reminds me of folks who think growing rafts of bacteria and consuming them is also good for your health.

Hmm, not me, thank god.

P.S.: you might want to read this:
www.oldandsold.com...

P.S.:For those who do not understand the gist of the article in the link, if you are not mineralizing the vast amounts of acid produced by the body by making sure you have enough calcium, sodium, and potassium in your diet, to alkalize the acid and turn it into salts, then you are flushing concentrated acid out your kidneys and shortening their life expectancy and your own. This excess acid is the cause of liver failure.
Be serious about your health and don't fall for fads. Take extra calcium(2000mg/diem) and potassium(make sure it's equal to the sodium). We definately get enough sodium in this country.

[edit on 10/27/2004 by bodebliss]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join