It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking your own urine helps your health

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Uhh wow. I'm not sure I'd be willing to do this on a daily basis.

Aparently, sipping your own pee helps cancer, aging, reducing dandruff, helps sinus problems...

news.yahoo.com.../afp/20040902/od_afp/thailand_urine_offbeat_040902151155

Would having a taste of ammonia do the trick? Anyone hear of this or what specifically in urine provides the benefit?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Urine is metabolic waste. It gets expelled for a reason. Amonia is not something a person should be drinking.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
First of all, who do you think offered to volunteer themselves in this study? Might have been a poor drunk college student needing extra cash thinking it was beer for a month or so - do you think?

All I know is there was quite a bit of hype over the soldiers "last resort" on drinking their own urine; maybe by releasing info that "it's actually good for, nutritious too" they think that people would calm down over the soldiers/urine thing.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
God are you kidding? As the poster above said, its a metabolic waste. By this logic, maybe you stoll has some curative properties too

No drinking urine has no benifit unless its a personal fetish

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godsent
First of all, who do you think offered to volunteer themselves in this study? Might have been a poor drunk college student needing extra cash thinking it was beer for a month or so - do you think?

Aparently Buddhist monks have been doing it for thousands of years...

As for drinking amonia - I know it's not something we should be doing, but I didn't think drinking urine was all that great for you either. I'm just wondering what's in it that aparently gives such a benefit.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by RedBalloon]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Perhaps one day people will drink and buy urine like milk.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Megaquad]

JAK

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I've heard of people doing this kind of thing. Can't understand it myself, I was under the impression that urine was waste products, so I fail to see how ingesting it be beneficial? Besides -

Although it does make for the funniest stories.

Long story short:

A good friend of mine, Locozade addict, always leaving half finished bottles lying in the car. Family outing with their little boy who needs to do what little boys do, in the middle of nowhere, mother sorts it out.

Early next morning, friend still sleepy, half filled Lucozade bottle. Lots of tooth brushing. Me laughing for about six months.

Ahh
it still gets me, I'll have to show him this thread.

Anyway, I think Rolf Harris does it, and after his cover of Stairway to Heaven I am convinced he is the Devil, so it can't be good.

Jack

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Urine is metabolic waste. It gets expelled for a reason. Amonia is not something a person should be drinking.

I agree..it's like eating your poop....
Some of those monks just need to get laid...
Then again, hard to get a date when you pee in a cup, and then drink it...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Its the antineoplastons.
Antineoplastons were first extracted from urine in order to use for the treatment of brain cancer. Later, this use was aborted. Many scientists have extracted compounds from urine to treat for different types of cancers.
In India, many superstitious people believe in drinking urine for the better health.

Personally, I would never drink it even if it cures for cancer or whatever! It's waste to be removed and your body doesn't need it back!
However, I wouldn't care if several compounds useful for treatment are extracted from urine. I think they should do some research on such compounds on how they can be synthesized artifically. I don't think people would start drinking urine directly even if the scientists would say its good for your health!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Urine is a waste product - what makes you think the body will absorb anything useful after allready expelling the waste -

But this is a free world do anything you like and if you think it will help.... it probally will - belive makes that placebo effect

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by frozen_snowman
Urine is a waste product - what makes you think the body will absorb anything useful after allready expelling the waste -

But this is a free world do anything you like and if you think it will help.... it probally will - belive makes that placebo effect

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I don't think it will do much for me and I don't ever plan on trying it, just struck me as so strange, and I was wondering if anyone else had heard of it or tried it.

jp1111 had some info on it, and if they ever extract the part thats beneficial, maybe I'll give that a whirl. Otherwise, I don't plan on drinking anything I can't buy at the local Safeway.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I was kind of shocked when I saw this. Thought this was the stuff of fetishes and what not. Anyway, did a google and found more info on the subject. Hummm...might have try it!!!

"Healing with Urine Therapy
Urine is not a dirty and toxic substance rejected by the body. Urine is a by-product of blood filtration, not waste filtration. Medically it is referred to as "plasma ultrafiltrate". It is a purified derivative of the blood itself, made by the kidneys--whose principal function is not excretion but regulation of all the elements and their concentrations in the blood. Urine can be compared to leftovers from a meal, and this metaphor may help us understand why our bodies excrete elements that are valuable to our health and well-being. "

Here:
www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com...

Here:
skepdic.com...
(This link is on the funny side, just to let you know)

[edit on 9/3/2004 by bobafett1972]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The Article above just proves what people will say to get in the press. Im no doctor but Surely if the stuff in your urin was good for you , your body wouldnt gotton rid of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Isn't the first draw of the morning supposed to be great for acne, too? Rub it on your face... no more pimples! I'm not sure which I'd rather not do.

I bet if I bottled the stuff, touted its claims, and called it "low carb" it would fly off the shelf. People will do amazing things when they think its a weight loss remedy. I think I'll call it "Happeeness."

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
My Mother-in-law used to get injections of urine that came from pregnant women. It was supposedly a way to lose weight. I don't remember how frequently she would get the injections (I think it was a few times a week but could have been daily) but she said this was a popular fad about 30-35 years ago. She wasn't sure if it was a medically approved way to lose weight but she was desperate ... her husband was a real jerk and threatened to leave her if she didn't lose the weight she gained during her pregnancy within a month of delievery!
I cannot imagine having a pregnant womans urine injected in me! Nor can I imagine, during my pregnancies if someone had asked me to donate my urine to help others lose weight! ICK!!

Jemison

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Ewww! LOL! I have read somewhere that if you are dying of thirst in the desert... and all u have to drink is URINE, then it is better to actually drink someone elses, than your own... like it has already been mentioned... there is a reason for it to have been expelled from the body in the first place.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It may contain some B vitamins and probably antioxidents, and anoxic nitrites(sp?). That said, your blood needs to get and distribute oxygen. If you overload your system, especially blood, with anoxic chemicals I'm pretty sure it will curtail your ability to absorb and utilize oxygen.

Slowing the aging process by ceasing to breathe seems to me is the cure being worse than the illness.

Choosing between death and aging, my money is on aging.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Served warm or on ice?
Can sugar be added?

-Just askin

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Wow. I know a crazy hippie who washes her hair with her first mornings urine. Supposed to make it shinier.

But hell, she also puts her armpit hairs in dread locks. Maybe shes just crazy.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I Saw Jackie Chan give Chris Tucker his urine that he bottled up to use a washing fluid for his hands on some chinese movie. The expression on Tuckers face would have been funny if he wasn't acting.

As for

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Wow. I know a crazy hippie who washes her hair with her first mornings urine. Supposed to make it shinier.

But hell, she also puts her armpit hairs in dread locks. Maybe shes just crazy.

That I didn't to hear.

and drinking urine is not advised.

by RedBalloon
Aparently, sipping your own pee helps cancer, aging, reducing dandruff, helps sinus problems...

As does water and many other chemicals. Breathing from the stomach also helps.

Sinus Problems????? So what do you do, inhale the pee from the nose and squirt it out of the eye.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join