It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sprite spotted and photographed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
not sure if this has been posted before as it goes back a couple of years but it tickled my fancy!

www.gulf-times.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Alls i know if stuff like that really does exist.... Life is way to boring.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Pretty freaky picture.. and the thing is totally humanoid looking, something like a small demon creature...

A lot of people won't believe this could even be real, but I think it is a definite possibility..There are people who have been to hell and returned to speak about little demon creatures existing there, as well as ones a lot larger there..

This thing to me does not look like a benevolent creature..

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Isn't this that photo cropped to mislead us?

I could have swore I saw this model before. I think it's in a restaurant somewhere in Nebraska or Kansas or something.

I am like 99% sure this is that same fake that was being passed around 3-4 years ago and is just resurfacing.

I will try to go find a link, but I don't remember any keywords to help find it faster so it may take time.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
i think he looks a bit peed off that somebody spotted him and caught him on camera!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

why is it laying on it's back in the parking lot?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

he fell over in shock to have been spotted

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Maybe it came searching for his friend, that alien that the Russian woman kept frozen in her fridge.

And why does it look like its wearing pants ??

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed

Maybe it had nothing better to do.

link   
Yes, it's real. It's made in China and it costs the equivalent of $6.95 at the Doha airport.

link   
Also when you say "sprite" it usually refers to something like a faerie.

I would classify a creature like this as a "Gremlin" or a "Goblin", to be technical about it.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Maybe it came searching for his friend, that alien that the Russian woman kept frozen in her fridge.

And why does it look like its wearing pants ??

Maybe it's a modest sprite?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

That's the guy who keeps stealing my socks 1 at a time!

Or it's someone trying to fool me into thinking they're on the trail of my lost socks.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Sprite (creature) wiki

The term sprite is a broad term referring to a number of preternatural legendary creatures. The term is generally used in reference to elf-like creatures, including fairies, and similar beings (although not earth beings),[1] but can also signify various spiritual beings, including ghosts. In Eoin Colfer's Artemis Fowl books, sprites are a race of fairies with green skin and wings. In The Spiderwick Chronicles, sprites are creatures that resemble insects or flowers.

The word "sprite" is derived from the Latin "spiritus" (spirit). Variations on the term include "spright" (the origin of the adjective "sprightly", meaning "spirited" or "lively") and the Celtic "spriggan".

What are spriggans?

Spriggans were depicted as grotesquely ugly, and were said to be found at old ruins and barrows guarding buried treasure and generally acting as fairy bodyguards. They were also said to be busy thieves. Though usually small, they had the ability to swell to enormous size (they were sometimes speculated to be the ghosts of the old giants).

Certainly their disposition was poor, and they caused mischief to those who offended them. They sent storms to blight crops, and sometimes stole away mortal children, leaving their ugly changelings in their place. In one story, an old woman got the better of a band of Spriggans by turning her clothing inside-out (turning clothing supposedly being as effective as holy water or iron in repelling fairies) to gain their loot.

Now what is a changeling?

A changeling is a creature found in Western European folklore and folk religion. It is typically described as being the offspring of a fairy, troll, elf or other legendary creature that has been secretly left in the place of a human child.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

looks more like it's resting it's back on a rock and not fully laying on the rock. Not the impression I get from the photo. Kinda creepy though. I would try to poke at it.
Then sic my dog on him.

edit on 14-11-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This is an old story. I'm gonna go dig it up if I can.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Gremlins

Imps

Goblins

Hobgoblins

Brownies

Tomte / Nisse

As you can see, this set of creatures / definitions matches the photo much closer than "spirte" which is a faerie type creature typically.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

You gotta hand it to him. The lil guy looks pissed. Just look at his stance

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Here it is.

Strange Creature 2009

Link to the answer
edit on 14-11-2011 by angrymomma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

Originally posted by BadBoYeed

Maybe it had nothing better to do.

Awww dam it...there he is, we were throwing back a few brews and he got drunk and wandered off. I tried to tell him to stop after the first one, but Nooooooo, he wouldn't listen

At least he's still wearing his trousers

edit on 11/14/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join