It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kalifornia wants high speed rail guess what that means? Your Going to Pay for it.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yeah someone has no valid arguement here.

Don't beat yourself up over it. It has been pretty much expected.

Blah California has more people on welfare than the entire population of Indiana

Productive my arse.

Way to kick your own argument when it is down.
You are so funny. How does it feel admitting that a bunch of people supposedly on welfare can still pay their fare share while your state is a WELFARE STATE that has to come hat in hand asking for a handout. Who cares if they are on welfare since they seem to be able to help support your state.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenWun
I have no clue what you are talking about. What am I number 9 in? Where are you getting this? What does New Jersey have to do with it? I am lost.

You (and other posters) had mentioned that California is subsidising other states through its Federal taxes as you do not receive the same that you put in. California ranks 9th, New Jersey has the good fortune of being first, or last as I see it.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by macman

If you're not in the US you aren't paying taxes anyway, so it's none of your business in the first place.

If you're serving militarily overseas (using your avatar as a guide), then you are being paid out my tax dollars for doing stuff I heartily disapprove of, like killing folks neither of us knows for reasons that can't be articulated well, blowing up crap that I'll have to pay to rebuild.

I find the hypocrisy of your position a stench in my nostrils.

You dare to complain about constructive endeavors that would employ Americans and build useful infrastructure while your contribution to humanity and our nation is killing in an unnecessary war and destroying other people's infrastructure?

And what if I am a US citizen, working outside the US?

You have all sorts of rules and arguing points for this.
Very fun, but you still don't rule the debate.
Funny, as that is the Same Military you served in during the Vietnam war I believe?
Lets not even go there.

You want Cali to have a HSR.
Go forth and do so I state.

But, you want other states to foot the bill.
That single position is the defining statement of you.

link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I have no clue what you are talking about. What am I number 9 in? Where are you getting this? What does New Jersey have to do with it? I am lost.

You (and other posters) had mentioned that California is subsidising other states through its Federal taxes as you do not receive the same that you put in. California ranks 9th, New Jersey has the good fortune of being first, or last as I see it.

I am not in California as I stated.
Thus the confusion.

link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Very true, mismanagement anywhere will sink just about anything.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

But, you want other states to foot the bill.
That single position is the defining statement of you.

Then it is the defining statement of the OP. Since when do I get a say in what Indiana uses my money for?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Enough!!

This personal back and forth between members will stop, and I mean now.

As many of you who have posted in the last couple of days, and pages have just found out, manners and decorum are in seeming short supply 'round these parts. Guess what? You had all better find some.

This thread will be closed if you can't.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Would there be a way to snake around it?

No, not without substantial expense. Railroads either need to follow watercourses or ridgelines to minimize grades and operate efficiently. The fault runs southeast-northwest to the northeastern outskirts of Los Angeles and the northwestern countryside is rather mountainous. The Union Pacific line that snakes up the coast is not very condusive to high speed rail and has numerous twists and grades. The Valley route would be much straighter and allow for higher operating speeds but to get there you would necessarily have to cross the fault.

edit on 20-11-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I am not in California as I stated.
Thus the confusion.

Sorry, my mistake.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

The Los Angeles Times editorial board almost got the big picture on the state's high-speed rail plan this week. The editors decried the sadly predictable results of sinking vast amounts of money into government boondoggles, with consequences including political decisions on routing and location, spiraling costs, and bad management.

California's high-speed rail project has lots of problems, but its most basic is purpose. The project proposes to connect Los Angeles and San Francisco with an express train that will take two hours and 40 minutes from beginning to end. That sounds good in comparison to the drive, which is approximately six-and-a-half hours, when there is no traffic, or the existing Amtrak service, which takes almost 10 hours to go from Union Station to Moscone Center — and uses two buses.

Compare it to the flight: I have flown from ONT to OAK and ONT to SJC for less than $100 one-way, and neither was longer than 1.5 hours, from check in to arrival. Chuck in a 1 hour taxi to Fremont or where-ever in San Fran you want to go and sounds about even doing what we already do so why spend money on something that will do no better than what we have now?

Chickpeas aren't little bird eggs.... Just a little enlightenment for those that support BS expenditures like the railways and may also think the "Occupy ....." movements are targeting properly.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
California should be happy and gleeful that they pay federal tax to support others and get less "cash back".

After all, they voted along that platform.

U.S. Senators;

Barbara Boxer (D)
Diane Feinstein (D)

2008 election;

61% for Obama (D)
34 house seats are Dems.
19 House seats are Repub.

The Dems love it when you do your duty to mankind......

Especially when the duty is truly a "duty" as in tax to pay somebody else

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
California should be happy and gleeful that they pay federal tax to support others and get less "cash back".

After all, they voted along that platform.

U.S. Senators;

Barbara Boxer (D)
Diane Feinstein (D)

2008 election;

61% for Obama (D)
34 house seats are Dems.
19 House seats are Repub.

The Dems love it when you do your duty to mankind......

Especially when the duty is truly a "duty" as in tax to pay somebody else

But, it is just not fair because it doesn't directly benefit them.
It is only good when it benefits who they see fit.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

But, it is just not fair because it doesn't directly benefit them.
It is only good when it benefits who they see fit.

true,

very true

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join