It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharia Law. She's buried chest high.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

Interesting how the UN is used as moral authority.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Freeborn

Religion and spirituality are different. Look no further than first nation peoples. Complete and utter respect for nature and spirits.

Religion as you know it maybe.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

I was planning to not add any more to this thread, but I'm certainly curious now -

I must remind you that the rules of judaism and christianism also provide for stonings, hangings, crucifixions and other forms of gruesome deaths for the same "offences"...

the only difference is that the people of traditional Muslim faith have continued to follow those rules and teachings to the letter...

jews and christians don't stone people, they modernized their killing tactics... anti-jew and blasphemer? you won't get stoned... just carpet bombed... Don't agree with jesus? We'll invade your country and rape your land for resources... don't want to follow our rules? we'll create a coup and destroy your people...

Would you care to clarify for me where exactly the "rules" of "christianism" allow for any such thing, or otherwise please correct this so it's clear you're referred to the so-called christians who are only such in name as they can't follow any of the prime teachings of the founder of their faith?

Christ (hence actual christianity) teaches non-judgement, peace, forgiveness, unbounded love, servitude and selflessness. What you see at work in the world today by a good many touting themselves as christian is anything but.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Its not our country. We can't tell them how to run their society.
Let's just worry about keeping america from turning into globalist "nwo sharia law".
Its screwed up but it non of our business.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suffi

Interesting how the UN is used as moral authority.

OK forget I wrote the UN
Instead it will be a new group made up of people who think physical punishment is wrong.
Call them People For Eliminating Dirtbags Who Feel It Is Right to Punish People Using Physical Means, Especially Stoning ( the PFEDWFRPPUPMES's)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
What makes those that stoned and battered her think that they are in a position to carry out they're judgement? Those that carried out those punishments have sins weighing on they're hearts just as much as the punished. No sin is greater or less than the next and in the end is dealt with in the same measure. let he that hath no sin cast the first stone!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Not so much brave as creative:
neilclark66.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 2goodtony

Who knows if it is? There is no evidence for it in OPs bit of drivel:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Why so much religous intolerance coming from an advanced west. Each unto their own. Everybody has the right to believe what they will. Attacking ones faith is no different to attacking an individual personally and hurting their feelings. The objective of the thread has been achieved (division) and the result is an ugly mud slinging match and many of you have been played. This world is not a better place having many peoples feelings hurt.

The OP originally stated the case of Atefeh Rajabi Sahaaleh "2004". This was an unfortunate young lady who was the victim of a corrupt system where her judge and juror was one of the people that had violated her. She was unfortunately executed by hanging. The video goes on to show a number of clips put together with powerful imagery with a heart moving song. At one point in the video Atefeh is also portrayed by curvey western looking beauty in a white dress to increase the impact to the western mind. We are shown images of stoning and a hanging to tell you where the fault lies. Innocent people are persecuted daily in all walks of life as I believe are people in this community also. Guilt by association.

Im only intolerant of a person who would stone another human being (and the likes). Does not matter what religion the person is affiliated with. Their actions are still a crime against humanity.
Now if you want to start to weed out the criminals involved with crimes against humanity (such as stoning), you would be wise to start by looking within religious groups.

Go ahead and talk about whatever you want until you are blue in the face, but physical violence against another human being is one of the few things a governing body MUST stop their citizens from doing.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm sure we had a similiar view of the natives when the conquerers first landed in the Americas.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

If you are going to reply to my posts then have the manners to read them and and also understand them, I have no agenda and if you bothered to research my posts you would know I have Muslim In laws AND have a great knowledge of the religion and actions, I fairly make comment on types of Muslims as opposed tar brushing every one of them,.

Then you might want to re-read the post I replied to. Because you clearly implied many things that aren't true - and stated them as facts..

So, you might as well be tar brushing every one of them.

The 'you didn't understand, you didn't read' argument doesn't work here - I clearly understood what you were getting at.

As for the Beheadings, are you saying they no long do that?

I said by law, thieves have their hands cut off - this is the official sentence, not beheading. Here's a quote: "If you are going to reply to my posts then have the manners to read them and and also understand them"

The man in that Daily Mail article wasn't beheaded for being a thief - you have merely reinforced my original argument.

link   

Why so much religous intolerance coming from an advanced west. Each unto their own. Everybody has the right to believe what they will.

This is the exact reason as to why these primitive executions are still happening.
"This isn't our business!", "We must not interfere with other people's business!", "Religious intolerance!!!11".

I'd like to see how religious tolerant you will be if this happened to your mother/sister/daughter/wife.

This apologist attitude is giving these cave men the fuel to keep going. If the opinions about these executions weren't so divided, and the main belief was solid (That this is plain wrong), these nutcases would perhaps someday sit and think that maybe, just maybe, this reversed way of living is just wrong.

And at general, whoever compares this barbarism to whatever the Christians did 500 years ago is a damn fool. If anything, you contribute to the fact that this Islamic way of living is the same as the way of living people had 500 years ago - Isn't that just like saying that this way of living has no place in the modern world? How is this helping their image one bit? Mind what you say even when you only want to throw dirt at anyone but Muslims and perhaps you'll get your point across.

As someone else said earlier, even sewer rats have more compassion for one another.
edit on 15-11-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

link   

What about people who make up fairy stories about stoning, in an attempt to get morons all worked up so they support paid off stooges in government with their plans to start wars?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanats

What about people who make up fairy stories about stoning, in an attempt to get morons all worked up so they support paid off stooges in government with their plans to start wars?

If there is a case of a fake youtube video or something, and it is proven, then the "fakees" must go to prison!
I dunno... obviously wed have to be certain the people in the video were guilty.

Besides, I really didn't even notice this was about Iran specifically. I am really just talking about the people involved in the actual act.
I hear where you're coming form though. The US is trying to create a negative Iran perception more so than ever to justify war in the peoples minds. But most people with half a brain can separate Iran from people who stone other people as punishment.

link   
One final try: OP is posting BS. the video starts with propaganda from the BBC, it then goes to a still from a Dutch movie from 1994 called "De Steen". This thread says far more about prejudice against Islam than Islam. The intent of OP is not to support human rights but to try and whip up the mob in supporting another phony balony Mid-east war against Islam.

link   
reply to post by stanats

twice you have posted a blog which actually proves nothing, shall i post all the videos showing homosexuals, apostates and adulterers being executed to prove this is actually happening ?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chad_Thomas89
reply to post by Praetorius

Surly the world wouldn't be a perfect place but it would be taking a step in the right direction without religious manipulation.

I would agree with that if we extended it to any form of manipulation or control.

Some (maybe most?) faiths focus on controlling the self and spreading knowledge, not outright controlling others or forcing them to adhere to your own belief structure. I'll have to stand by my view that humanity is the issue as the absence or outright prohibition of religious belief itself has never led to a utopia, at least not that I'm aware of.

Human nature and the desire for control is the issue - we just find all sorts of lovely costumes to dress it up in and blame it on.

Take care.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It is just that the tired old image from "De Steen" has a habit of popping up on forums just as TPTB are giving another kick at the "Bomb Iran" can.
edit on 15-11-2011 by stanats because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Thetawave

It proves that fiction is being used to slander people, which is the whole intent of this thread.
edit on 15-11-2011 by stanats because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Why are so many commenting on this just because its anti - Iran? Because when I've seen threads in the past about genocide in Darfur and other atrocities committed in other countries nobody seems to care at all?!?!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join