It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific evidence that that supports the theory of alien life.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
The universe is expanding and disintergrating. maybe some alien boy on a distant planet was playing with his ham radio? I mean, that is what you are saying isn;t it, that aliens use radio frequencies to communicate like us. Maybe it was a snippet of a TV program on Xertis

NASA remains silent, and that would be communicated to us on the news stations. Major earth change in 2012, galactic planes, extinctions, perhaps nothing. Nibiru and everything else is a mock-up and a hoax.

Ah HAARP world making everyone all goofy and defenseless like kittens. Why then give a debate to the story that they have to tell?
edit on 15-11-2011 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Venus, Mars, Saturn, and Jupiter are great places to look for alien life, I agree. There might be something with ancient cave art but not religious art.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
thoughly enjoyed op's thread well presented

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
They have found bacteria in mesosphere. They thrive in pure ultraviolet light. They could not possibly survive on surface of Earth. They live in open space. In vacuum. The whole place is alive. Everywhere is life.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Gee...The suggestion of alien contact with art and ancient paintings makes me wonder...They probably don't want anything to do with our planet anymore because we have not evolved much over the last few centuries.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
very interesting

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

You, Mr. Assassin, are a terrible dancer.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Great thread. I think we were visited in the past at some point, Im still on the fence about present visitations. Europa has always caught my imagination. Maybe when nasa finally sends some heated drill submersables up there with some cameras and flood lights well get to see whats up there. I always imagined the possibiliity of underwater ETs like the ones from the movie Abyss. I think my interest peaks with Mars though. If it doesnt currenlty host some type of life, Im more than positive it has in the past. Im also pretty sure that life on earth started on Mars. Maybe the stories of Atlantis, or Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden befor that originated on Mars when it was a lush green and blue thriving utopia. Either way I think its just a matter of a few more years befor technology gets to the point where looking in to all these anomolies becomes second nature and discoveries of alien life begin to happen everyday. At first with just bacteria to insects and then onto our first discovery of an intelligent civilization to even more we cant imagine. Ive always thought theres something unique about human kind weve all forgotten and are past that weve forgotten would tell us. Hopefully someday a discovery leads to some ancient knowledge that we can all appreciate in awe.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADMX101... Im also pretty sure that life on earth started on Mars. Maybe the stories of Atlantis, or Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden befor that originated on Mars when it was a lush green and blue thriving utopia....

Maybe Life on Earth originally came from Mars, But I don't see how microbes from Mars would have brought with them the stories of a Martian Adam & Eve or of a Martian Atlantis.

When I think of the possibility of Earth life being seeded from Mars, I think of a meteorite broken off of Mars and crashing to Earth 3.8 billion years ago, bringing with it microbes from Mars that then thrive on Earth.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADMX101
Im also pretty sure that life on earth started on Mars.

An interesting notion, but completely unfounded. I don't see how anyone can be "sure" of that sort of thing.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Excellent thought and effort put into this thread. Much appreciated. I agree its going to take work like this to prove to the masses the existence of ET life, though personally I believe 'all roads lead to Roswell' as the best possible case we have that they are here. Really well done, kudos.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOMacLeod
...I agree its going to take work like this to prove to the masses the existence of ET life, though personally I believe 'all roads lead to Roswell' as the best possible case we have that they are here..

I think the masses already believe that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe. Most people don't need convincing. Certainly most educated people -- and virtually all scientists -- believe that Earth is probably not the only place in the universe intelligent life exists.

Whether they (ETs) "are here" or not is another issue entirely.

edit on 11/17/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I wonder why "scientists" persist in hanging onto "probably"

It's like, everyone knows there is water on Mars, but we still don't have a PROOF

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

It's like, everyone knows there is water on Mars, but we still don't have a PROOF

Because a good scientist would not be 100% sure of anything without proof. They may be 99.99% sure life exists elsewhere, but until that life is contacted/detected in some form (directly or indirectly), then they obviously can't be 100% sure.

In science they use the term "almost certainly". It has a technical definition that means "as close to 100% certain without being 100% certain". The word "almost" is put there deliberately and specifically because without hard proof (not just really, really good evidence), nothing is 100% certain.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

There is a "Hydrology" section in the Wikipedia on Mars, so I don't know what you are trying to express here. And why you are using double quotes when you write about scientists.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

There is a "Hydrology" section in the Wikipedia on Mars, so I don't know what you are trying to express here. And why you are using double quotes when you write about scientists.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thank you Buddha.

I did forget to add to my reply to 'dangerdeaths' post that NASA says there is water on Mars.

NASA Spacecraft Confirms Martian Water, Mission Extended

He must have missed the news.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well, to answer ya all, if courts behaved in the same manner, attempting to be 100% sure about someone being a criminal... there would be no criminals on this planet

I think that science is used as a filter here to hide some political and economic interests.

There is life everywhere. Because the very definition of life is so simple: where there is exchange, there is life. And they know pretty well, but won't tell to the ordinary people, that even a simplest chemical reaction is life. Instead, they just pretend to be confused and pretend that definition of life is soooo complicated.

Of lately, just one example, it has been proved that prions, which are proteins, are actually evolving as the environment in which they exist changes. They react! So, definition of life really is very simple, because this reaction can easily be renamed into "adapting", which is not far from the idea of evolution, which is, of course, a characteristic of life, "presumably".

Therefore, I really don't think scientists have a honest attitude when they say they need 100% proof. They're lying and are being used to conceal something, rather than disclose.

As I said in previous post, the fact that there are living organisms in mesosphere, it clearly means that life is possible everywhere in the so called open space vacuum. The question of whether there is life on Mars or Europa or Ganymede or Io, etc, is totally fake. There is life on all those places. The practical problem of those who know the truth is to find a way how to exploit it, and they consider any leak of information damaging to their interests.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

And there is also water on Moon. Plenty of water, and some of that water, somewhere in the past, fell on Earth.
But they won't just say it. They'll pretend they need more "proofs".

And, it's a religious matter, too. Since the times Moon too was "flat" like Earth

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Well, to answer ya all, if courts behaved in the same manner, attempting to be 100% sure about someone being a criminal... there would be no criminals on this planet

Science needs a little more evidence than most criminal court systems before they can accept a theory as being plausible.

Plus, they need hard proof (not just evidence beyond a reasonable doubt -- like many court systems) before they say something is 100%.

...And there is also water on Moon. Plenty of water, and some of that water, somewhere in the past, fell on Earth.
But they won't just say it. They'll pretend they need more "proofs"...

And somehow you think it is wrong that science wants proof before they just "say" something?

People can believe -- for example -- that there is water on Mars before Science found hard proof of it. I have no problem with that.

HOWEVER, I don't want science telling me something is "true" before they have proof that it is true. I mean, why would I want science to do that?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I'll tell you, how things are "perceived" is more important than the scientific proof. Because, science is known to change its accounts from time to time, depending on the means given to it to produce its "truth".
So, you see, now that we are 100% sure there is water on Mars, all we need to do is prove there is/was life on Mars, and then it will be one small step (back) to proving that there actually are canals on Mars dug by some intelligent species (here you can as well read: humans).

Because the way we perceive things is all that matters.

What kind of proof do you think is needed to support the ever existing theory (hiding, but alive, in the background) that all life was actually seeded by some superior race (or God)? It all depends on what kind of "proof" we need to confirm certain "reality".

Today, the theory that life was brought to Earth from Mars by meteorites is gaining strength. But, to look for intelligence in cosmic events, it does mean to look for some kind of "planning" and "intent", no?

I've been following man's adventure into space. They still call it exploring, even conquest, but in truth it is constructing, creating space, as man is actually doing here on Earth, with the existing environment. The moment we are out there, it is ours, it is subjected to our interests, to our shaping, to our vision.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join