It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific evidence that that supports the theory of alien life.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
ALIENS IDENTITY REVEALED!

Google: Ancient Fallen Aliens
or Visit Profile

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Well, I would have tried but I realised that I am arguing against your belief, not your opinion.

I hope you understand why I chose not to continue dancing.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Certainly. As those of us here on ATS know well enough, a clash of beliefs hardly ever gets anywhere. Though, I'm not sure I'd use the word 'belief' - 'faith' might be better, at least in my case.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I had constructed several replies but it would have not gotten me anywhere because you made it quite clear that your faith is in the Holy Bible, regardless of other works, and because you believe that the word of God is there you won't consider other possibilities, which is ignorance, but entirely correct/appropriate as it is also your faith/belief.

I will continue to doubt a book assembled by Roman Catholics and then re-translated numerous times, and altered by King James, but I will not doubt the recorded history of several other cultures who seem to be referring to similar events.

Hypothetically, If the day comes where the bible is proven to be plagiarised and/or altered where will you stand then?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Oh, gee, man! I really believe that "people" who have "faith" in a "book" really are "creations" rather than free spirits. Actually, I'm pretty sure they are programs which can't depart from their conditioning. The problem, however, seems to be unresolved: are they living beings or not? According to them, they are. But what does science say about them? Are they the final proof that AI is actually possible? In which case, the revision of history of mankind, and the geological history too, will have to be re-visioned.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by CLPrime

Hypothetically, If the day comes where the bible is proven to be plagiarised and/or altered where will you stand then?

In modern English versions, what we have is, quite often, an altered version of God's Word. However, in its original languages (I stick mostly with NT Greek, because that's my specialty, but I have wandered into the Hebrew), your hypothetical situation will never happen. Yet, if it were possible, and if it did happen, then I would have to reconsider my position. My focus is truth - and, though Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, if that were not so, then I would have to believe so.

Hypothetically, if the day comes where you find yourself before the judgement seat of the Almighty, where will you stand then?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I have no worries about judgement. I treat one and all with respect and I love all in this universe.

If he is going to judge me harshly because I chose not to believe in a book that has possibly been altered, yet I lived my life compassionately and respected and valued what Jesus taught, then this 'God' is not benevolent.

For me it's a win win. I get a pass to heaven for living a good life OR I get my own validation that YHWH is not the benevolent God he is made out to be (even though it is quite clear he isn't benevolent, in the Old Testament).

Don't worry. I believe in an overall 'Creation'. I just don't believe it is the God spoken of in the Bible. I think the OT YHWH, Adonai, LORD, is just another God trying to manipulate Humans. New Testament God, and Jesus, is a different kettle of fish. I also believe Saul/Paul, who gets A LOT of New testament bible time, has personally manipulated the teachings of Jesus.

I believe the gospel of John is the closest to Jesus' true teachings. I also believe any negative prophecies of future doom in the bible (Revelations) are merely meant to incite fear and bring you down from a positive state. This is due to, once again, the assembling of the Bible by Roman Catholics at the council of Nicea.

We cannot prove the Council did or did not alter these books, or that they were altered beforehand before submission. I also believe that several of the New Testament books have questions over who actually wrote them.
edit on 17-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

There is no conflict in a persons belief in GOD and a persons belief or direct knowledge of the existance of E.T.

The two have no conflict at all. Sure...there is a lot of things in the Bible or any other book of Faith or Religion that was really ment as a teaching tool to prevent a bunch of blood thirsty ANIMALS....ie....HUMANS....from killing each other.

And yes....Science has proven many things that contradict many Verbatim stories or statements in Holy books such as the Bible and I have alot of respect when a person of deep faith will admit this.....but if ANYTHING that science has taught us is that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE....and if I am right about the properties and existance of a MULTIVERSE....then by definition....EVERYTHING MUST NOT ONLY BE POSSIBLE BUT MUST EXIST IN AN INFINITE STATE OF CREATION AND DESTRUCTION OF DIVERGENT UNIVERSES....contained within our MULTIVERSE.

Sure there are little things like....Did Moses part the Red Sea?....NO....that was a mistranslation....he and his followers crossed the REED SEA. But as for the question....Does GOD EXIST?....ABSOLUTELY.....someone is out to get me! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I never said he didn't. CL Prime does not believe ET exists.

I believe God exists. He is one of a few higher entities around, in my opinion.

The Multiverse of which you speak is what I truly believe in. That is The Creation. That is the single thought holding all this together.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The Multiverse of which you speak is what I truly believe in. That is The Creation. That is the single thought holding all this together.

I wasn't directing my post in that manner. As far as GOD....or my belief in something of that nature....I believe that Human concepts of GOD are too small or misdirected in nature.

The reason for this is....if there is a GOD in some form or intrinsic connection....it is of a nature that is so vastly complex and inherently connected to the Multiverse....that it is not something that can be adequately conceptionalized by Humans.

Human creations of faith....while they serve a purpose....are far too simplistic and only take into consideration the Human condition and use only Human based concepts of Morality....this is at odds with what a true Interconnective Multiversal Condition of GOD would be....Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
it seems like a tragedy that so many people would need evidence for life on other planets when they are the evidence in question. Does it not occur to human beings that their own existence is proof of life in the universe? Why should it be different elsewhere in a cosmos filled with billions of galaxies and quintillions of stars?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by skynet2015

I'm always perplexed about the duality of human mind. On one side, great majority of the population is willing to believe in the "all mighty" without needing the proof of it and simply accepting it on faith because it's in the scripture (which was written by men, not God), yet we need hard proof to accept the "out there" notions of the existence of other civilizations in space.

If we want to talk evidence...IMO there much more evidence that aliens exist than there is evidence that God exist (or at least our God). The later mentioned has simply been around for too many centuries and is accepted simply because we were programmed to accept the concept through our social interactions.

counting points...and 10 being the most "out there" concept, I give the concept of Christian God a clean 10. We simply don't seek that much proof for it. And asking for proof becomes blasfemy...

Returning to the OP...good post. Summed up some important points in one place, although there is nothing new to me concerning the subject. For me, the best argument for the existence are words of astronauts and presidents, not to mention military personel (and for myself...my own reasoning).

Thanks for the effort MrLondon

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

CL Prime does not believe ET exists.

Well, technically, I do believe "ET" exist. I believe plenty of extraterrestrial life exists, especially in microbial form. There may even be higher forms of animal life. Some planet out there may have alien dolphins. But, I highly doubt the existence of aliens having human qualities, such as self-awareness, or the ability to think outside the instinctual box, so-to-speak (which is one thing required for interstellar travel). There are, and were, plenty of animals on Earth that aren't mentioned in Scripture. I see no reason why extraterrestrial life shouldn't exist just because it, too, is not mentioned (which, itself, is debatable - Ezekiel 1, for example, as we've already somewhat touched on). But, humanoid life? I doubt it.

Now, after saying that, I fully expect the aliens watching me to come down here and prove me wrong....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
why is religion even being brought up on a thread about extra terrestrials..really...NO..REALLY?if we must flog the dead horse that is all this prattle about "god" fine here

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?

answer that..Epicurus asked that a long time ago...never seen it answered to any satisfaction
edit on 18-11-2011 by johnnygamble because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by Misterlondon

its the marked code on the paper, where the scientist wrote "wow!" next to it.

ah ok i got ya... Its quite complicated to be honest. ill link to an article that explains it much better than i ever could..

Thus, the "6EQUJ5" code in channel 2 means successive intensities as follows:
6 --> the range 6.0 - 6.999...
E --> the range 14.0 - 14.999...
Q --> the range 26.0 - 26.999...
U --> the range 30.0 - 30.999...
J --> the range 19.0 - 19.999...
5 --> the range 5.0 - 5.999...

big ear observatory explanation

what does it mean?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by vasnas
what does it mean?

It means there was a spike in signal intensity, from 6 to 30 ("U") then back to 5 in a 72-second span.
The spike signal was never found again coming from that specific part of space, so it remains "unexplained".

Hypothetical explanations range from an unknown natural phenomenon (one that would create a one-time burst) to a passing spaceship.

edit on 11/19/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Joseph Walker

On May 11, 1962 NASA pilot Joseph Walker said that one of his tasks was to detect UFOs during his X-15 flights. He had filmed five or six UFOs during his record breaking fifty-mile-high flight in April, 1962.

Robert White

On July 17, 1962 Major Robert White reported a UFO during his fifty-eight-mile high flight of an X-15. Major White reported: "I have no idea what it could be. It was grayish in color and about thrity to forty feet away." Then according to a Time Magazine article, Major White exclaimed over the radio: "There ARE things out there! There absolutely is!"

Stars and flags for this great thread 'Misterlondon'
Yeah, www.abovetopsecret.com... Joseph Walker and Robert White reportedly witnessed UFOs during flight, and some of these UFOs were reportedly filmed.

Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin

According to the NASA Astronaut Neil Armstrong, the Aliens have a base on the Moon and told us in no uncertain terms to get off and stay off the Moon. According to un-confirmed reports, both Neil Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin saw UFOs shortly after that historic landing on the Moon in Apollo 11 on 21 July 1969.

Maurice Chatelain

In 1979 Maurice Chatelain, former chief of NASA Communications Systems confirmed that Armstrong had indeed reported seeing two UFOs on the rim of a crater.

Neil Armstrong: >>God, what is that out there?... What is that???... But, this is unbelievable!...Whats there?

NASA: >>Whats there? Mission Control calling Apollo 11...>These "Babies" are huge, Sir! Enormous! OH MY GOD! You wouldn't believe it! I'm telling you there are other spacecraft out there, Lined up on the far side of the crater edge! They're on the Moon watching us!>What REALLY happened out there with Apollo 11?>It was incredible, of course we had always known there was a possibility, the fact is, we were
warned off! (by the Aliens). There was never any question then of a space station or a moon cityHow do you mean "warned off"?>I can't go into details, except to say that their ships were far superior to ours both in size and
technology - Boy, were they big! and menacing! No, there is no question of a space stationBut NASA had other missions after Apollo 11?>Naturally - NASA was committed at that time, and couldn't risk panic on Earth. But it really was a
quick scoop and back again

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Ronald Reagan

Both of Reagan’s UFO sightings occurred when he was the 33rd Governor of California (1967 – 1975). The first occurred on the night that Reagan was invited to a party that actor William Holden was having in Hollywood. A number of key personalities were invited. Two of them, comedian Steve Allen, and actress Lucy Ball both told the story of Reagan’s UFO encounter.

The other Reagan sighting occurred in 1974 just before Reagan ended his second term as governor. The story was told by Air Force Colonel Bill Paynter who became the pilot of Reagan’s Cessna Citation jet plane following his retirement from the Air Force

Alleged briefing to Ronald Reagan on alien thread from outer space and his speech to UN

GOOD GUYS AND BAD GUYS

Picking up on an implication within a statement from Casey, Reagan asks, >>Are you telling me there are different races or species, as you said, visiting Earth at the same time? Can you tell me how many different species have visited us?>At least fiveAre they all friendly?>Mr. President, that is a very difficult question to answer. There are many parameters that we follow to evaluate the threat. However, we have little intelligence on four of the five.
We have plenty of intel on the Ebens ... gee ... they've given us everything we asked for! They have also helped us to understand the other four species. I'm afraid to say, Mr. President and please don't misunderstand my words, but we think one of the species is very hostileI'm the President of the United States. I should know if we are endangered by some threat from outer space. If you have something to say about a threat posed by this one species of aliens, then I want to hear it

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Absolutely nothing conforming to or even coming close to proving an alien hypothesis has been discovered, verified and confirmed. Yet. It could all change tomorrow, but it's very unlikely.

Alien implants tested and concluded to be of Extraterrestrial origin by some of the best experts in the world.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

I wasn't directing my post in that manner. As far as GOD....or my belief in something of that nature....I believe that Human concepts of GOD are too small or misdirected in nature.

The reason for this is....if there is a GOD in some form or intrinsic connection....it is of a nature that is so vastly complex and inherently connected to the Multiverse....that it is not something that can be adequately conceptionalized by Humans.

Human creations of faith....while they serve a purpose....are far too simplistic and only take into consideration the Human condition and use only Human based concepts of Morality....this is at odds with what a true Interconnective Multiversal Condition of GOD would be....Split Infinity

SpiltInfinity --- I totatlly disagree on your concept of God and religious faith, especially your rant "I believe that Human concepts of God are too small or misdirected in nature.".....lol.

In fact.... that is the total opposite of what most people believe about God and their religions.
And--- " not something that can be adequately conceptionalized by Humans."------ Give me a break!!!

Are you calling people of religious faith's--- morons?

I've already told you that I have a religious faith in the other-worlders that visit our planet, occasionally, in there other-worlder's craft's.

My religious concepts are based in reality --- That my ET Gaods, have had a huge impact on my life, because, my guess is that they have to be at least a million more years advanced in technology than any human race's technology here on Earth; and that they could be slightly guiding Earthling's towards the path of enlightenment. [ie.-- Flying Saucer's]

Foofighter's

Erno86
edit on 19-11-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join