It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if the Sun sucked the Earth right into it's orbit?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hmm, curious how do you think Earth would react if it was being sucked into the Sun?

I mean with as massive as it is, could it be plausible? What would be like the early warning signs of it being sucked in like a vacuum?

I mean the end result we would all fry like chickens and taste crispy and charred, but hmm how would we feel the effects before going in?

What do you think would happen? and How do you think people would react to the chaos?

I wonder has anyone ever thought of this?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Have you ever given any thought to gravitational mechanics? How about the fact that Earth's orbit has been fairly stable for millennia?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

You skipped science class didn't ya...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Hypothetical......if it were to happen, we're doomed and there's not a damn thing you can do about it so whats your point even asking?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

We orbit the Sun, we can´t be sucked into the Sun´s ORBIT.

We could maybe be swallowed by the sun eventually when it goes supernova on our behinds.

What you will feel is that it probably will get warmer and warmer.....

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

If it did happen I don't think it'd matter much. There'd be nothing we can do about it.
edit on 14-11-2011 by ThirdMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This question is about as deep as a puddle in a drought.

As another member said...you missed science class a lot eh?

edit on 14-11-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Just because it can't happen in a millennial nothing says it won't.
yep, I must have slept through science.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Somethin like this

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
haters gonna hate. i think it's a valid question. i mean i've always wondered what would happen to me if my heart stopped and all brain activity ceased.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

I think my brain stopped as soon as I opened the book to Biology.
Man it's like 5000 pieces of a puzzle thrown in your lap that you have to put together in a matter of 3 months. I think that's the same thing as astronomy is.

edit on 14-11-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Imagine the cheek,
someone posting something hypothetical!
outrageous!
On ATS of all places! The home of sanity, science and FACTS. No crazy theories or speculation here, no sir!
On a 'General Chit Chat' forum.
Theres a clue in the title!
I'm aghast!

C'mon folks lighten up. I was looking forward to some humorous witty replies instead the Global Institute for Serious Scientists will jump in.

We live in a universe where galaxies collide.

Our universe could be on a collision course with another universe right now all while sitting on the spinning electron of one of two hydrogen atoms bonded to an oxygen atom in a drop of water in a bucket on some guys porch.

OP, to answer your hypothetical question, I believe that as the oceans boiled off, large swathes of inland countryside would be chin deep in popcorn before we knew what was happening.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I think my brain stopped as soon as I opened the book to Biology.

If you want an enjoyable stay here at ATS you´d better restart it then, for both parties´sake.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
haters gonna hate. i think it's a valid question. i mean i've always wondered what would happen to me if my heart stopped and all brain activity ceased.

Eh....I think I can answer that one. You'd be dead....In fact your heart stopping and your brain activity ceasing is pretty much the text-book definition of 'death'.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh

Our universe could be on a collision course with another universe right now all while sitting on the spinning electron of one of two hydrogen atoms bonded to an oxygen atom in a drop of water in a bucket on some guys porch.

OP, to answer your hypothetical question, I believe that as the oceans boiled off, large swathes of inland countryside would be chin deep in popcorn before we knew what was happening.

Your right some people need to lighten up. lol

Oh,, you just had to add biology in there.

edit on 14-11-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Obvious isn´t it......

You would almost think he was being sarcastic, wouldn´t you...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Answer his questions...damn killjoys.

Yes, it's impossible...but this is what would happen.

We would only experience the first 10% of the ride to the sun...after which we would be fried. The Earth being only a little bit closer to the sun would cause our temperature to rise...and I'm talking more than a few degrees. We would probably be able to breathe long enough to see all of the ice on Earth to melt, flooding most large cities.

If you live a few hundred feet above sea level...celebrate because you get to live long enough to get choked out by the massive fires that will begin to occur around the world. Plants will be dried up and forest fires will engulf the planet.

Once the Earth is about 10% closer, all surface life on Earth would be dead. Bacteria would survive a little bit longer...but once the water on earth is vaporized entirely, they'll be gone too.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by soapbox

Yeah if the popcorn didn't get us first!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by soapbox
Answer his questions...damn killjoys.

Yes, it's impossible...but this is what would happen.

We would only experience the first 10% of the ride to the sun...after which we would be fried. The Earth being only a little bit closer to the sun would cause our temperature to rise...and I'm talking more than a few degrees. We would probably be able to breathe long enough to see all of the ice on Earth to melt, flooding most large cities.

If you live a few hundred feet above sea level...celebrate because you get to live long enough to get choked out by the massive fires that will begin to occur around the world. Plants will be dried up and forest fires will engulf the planet.

Once the Earth is about 10% closer, all surface life on Earth would be dead. Bacteria would survive a little bit longer...but once the water on earth is vaporized entirely, they'll be gone too.

Getting my life vest ready so I can make it to the sea level
I mean I would want to watch the ride but I don't want to suffocate a slow death. lol I guess I can't have it both ways.

Hmm
Him = HER

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Are you satisfied with the answers so far, and do you feel that without the help of ATS, you wouldn´t have come to these conclusions yourself by applying logic and common sense?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join