It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you been hijacked by your own sperm

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Obviously humans have been driven by basic needs: food, warmth, shelter, sexuality.
But I believe I understand what the OP suggests.

Some people are controlled by those primal instincts. They don't think... they just do.

At some point along the line our brains became more advanced, our emotions and thought processes became more than just reactionary to our immediate needs and desires.

So then, I believe, we became masters in a sense. Able to distinguish needs from wants.
Priority over superfluousness. We looked farther into the consequences of each action.

So on one hand you have a sex drive and the healthier you are the stronger it is.
But you also have a conscience, which typically wont allow you to satisfy that urge on a whim, with just anyone, anytime...

I think by nature we're actually more picky who we breed with... Look at other animals in nature. The sick and pathetic don't get to mate, they are usually culled by mother nature herself.
Our seed is valuable, and if you aren't responsible with where it gets shot off to, you will end up with strange babies, uncared for babies, a clingy unwanted "mate", generally a liability in the end.

I've been drinking, this topic is deep. I think you get my point though.

Good topic

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by gypsychology909

No way dude.. video games are not about getting laid.

Neither is fishing

I would differ with you on the fishing part... Hunter / gatherer is actually a fine trait. Women are usually drawn towards a man that can provide. Shows adaptability and perseverance.

As for video games..... all things in moderation.
Modern man is limited in this day and age on what we feel in a given day. Video games simulate certain things I know I probably wont experience in real life... but have a buried inclination towards.. war for example. Commanding troops, racing formula cars, creating cities, etc.
Off topic kinda but there you are.

<< 1  2   >>

join