It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Good Article about the war, Americans please read this as well...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yeah, good stuff Advisor.

A death toll in the region of 4.7 million. Wasn't there a thousand killed there the other day?

And will we be going in there? I doubt it...

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
we know sadam is an asshole, he is not good, ok,
but if u wanna check harm to environment then u should take a look clooser in your country

Amazon jungle is being destroyed just for the wood and create high ways, and it is the long of the world.
America produces 15% of total contamination in the atmosphere, all europe 5%......
The weather is changing, so the plants cycle and so animals...
Nuclear weapons, cars in all the countries, Co2, radioactive #, also the experiments from the goverment as well.

Don�t try to show that saddam is just bad, we knew it,
but please first get rid of what u have upstairs in your country (that is not just americans is for all of us!)

The only diference is that bush is a legal dictator, and saddam is illegal, but both are the same crap....

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Oh I could post all kinds of oodles of nasty info about how the united states pollutes its own fresh water lakes with uncountable gallons of anti-life chemicals. Or how we detenated a bomb in the atmosphere nearly destroying the protective barrier around this planet. But nah thats for another thread.

oh ok heres a couple--->

www.pirgim.org...

www.lakemichigan.org...

www.saveourenvironment.org...

[Edited on 10-4-2003 by ADVISOR]

Yes I'm a tree hugger with guns, and proud of it.
Of course mr. leaf I won't let them harm you, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

[Edited on 10-4-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I stopped about after the third sentrence. I agree with UP. Liberal BS. It is just a piece of crap written by some hippie.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dom

I grow tired of being told that because I'm anti-war I'm pro-Saddam.

But dom, if you're anti-war, you're pro-Saddam,even if you don't like that idea. You're against the war, you are against the sanctions BUT you are against Saddam.

If the sanctions and the war were not the good solutions, so what is THE solution who have your agreement ??????????????????????????

I asked that question many times, but I NEVER received a good answer.

P.S : Keep at mind that peoples like Saddam don't resign and are laughing to the pacifists and anti-war.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
But dom, if you're anti-war, you're pro-Saddam,even if you don't like that idea.

This is incorrect. France and Germany's plan involved the peaceful toppling of the Baath regime through disarmament and diplomacy. Without weapons for suppressing the Kurds and Shia and against all arab countries, Saddam cannot hold his grasp over Iraq.
That is why we are opposed to unnecessary mass murdering performed by the US.

If the sanctions and the war were not the good solutions, so what is THE solution who have your agreement ??????????????????????????

The sanctions+wars had around 1 million casualty. That isnt worth the toppling of Saddam, and makes the perpetrators of these "policies" top Saddam in animality.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
I stopped about after the third sentrence. I agree with UP. Liberal BS. It is just a piece of crap written by some hippie.

Well that means that the objectivity is lost, as i still see in this thread and as i posted from the begining, proud americans are telling that is Liberal BS, means that they can�t read the article or just tell something about ALL THE FACTS THAT IS TALKING ABOUT! you are just limited to sat BS? no comments about all this critics? i will take silence as nothing to say...
Amazingly no one made any interesting comments or quotes from the article, which shows again that patriotists are just limited to criticize what is not their side without making any smart comment or discuss about it...

Hippie? ahaahahahaa, called hippie for ask to animals what is the reason for this massacre, this tradegy and the courage that they have to call that justice...

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 03:52 AM
link   
and another question to the ppl that just makes facts from the media BS, check this out:

www.mg.co.za...

Why no one talks about this??

Stop hipocrisy get real i should say

dom

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 04:32 AM
link   
UltraPhoenix - Of course it's possible to be anti-war and anti-Saddam.

You know full well that this war is not about liberating the Iraqi people. It may be about removing Saddam because he's not pro-US, but I can tell you one thing; if Saddam was pro-US there is no way that the US would attack him, regardless of his record on human rights.

So I think it's fair to say that I like the idea of getting rid of Saddam, for the Iraqi people, but i don't like the fact that the US attacked Iraq, because their reasoning is totally different. Liberating the Iraqi people is an interesting public cover, and by letting this "we're the liberators!!! We RULE" message cloud your thoughts, you're actually letting the US administration win.

Ask the right questions, look in the right places, and you'll find that this war has nothing to do with Saddams human rights record.

dom

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Oh, in answer to your question about what the correct route is, try this.

Hans Blix finishes his inspections regime, if Iraq haven't satisfied him where WMD's are concerned then the West attacks him to force disarmament. If Blix is happy with the Iraqi line, then sanctions are removed and inspections continue every year indefinitely to ensure that Iraq doesn't go developing nasty weapons. If they do, we attack them, if not, then we just allow Iraq to come out of it's enforced poverty.

Remember that UN sanctions have killed more Iraqi civilians than Saddam's regime...

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Is just the begining irak, could have been another country doesn�t matter where, it all begun,

Read and cry:

newamericancentury.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
And check the opposite here:
pnac.info...

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Originally posted by dom

it basically means that they can just dismiss anything that might challenge their opinion. Because it's all "propaganda" and "leftist BS".

You have to worry about the world, don't you?

We've learned this trick from the left !

And now that we use your " weapons ", you're disturbed.

Also, I've read the article.And if we were doing what the reporter say, Irakis would still be under the Saddam regime !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many peoples can't accept that the US/GB/Aussie coalition is freeing Irak. Also, they can't accept that those Irakis are HAPPY to see the coalition troop !!!
For the leftists, it's really a pain in the ass.

OH MY GOD, LOOK.....THEY ARE NOT KILLING THEM ALL.THEY ARE REALLY FREEING THEM FROM A TYRANT !

But we share something.We're ALL worry about the world.

[Edited on 10-4-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

so sane its creepy

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I read a few paragraphs in that article before I had to quit because it was a one sided piece of propaganda. I was/am pro-Iraq War. I dont base that opinion on propaganda. I base it on facts. I agree that the war was never about liberating the Iraqi people. It was about WMD's and probably oil. The WMD's have yet to turn up, but I will give them a little more time. I cant believe that people blame the US for Iraqi's suffering under the sanctions. They suffered because Saddam took all the food from the "Oil for Food" program. But lets not bother with him. The fact is, many people DO hate the US and its people because the US has power. It has wealth. Its people are capable of gaining access to privliges other people in other countries dont have. Its jealousy. I would like some one to tell me how the UN was going to disarm Saddam? Explain it to me in detail. In your own words.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
...the war was about all of the above, yet America and others did not send troops to be killed soley for one reason- especially OIL. That would be treasonous.

The interesting thing is this: David Kay is now hinting that we (the public) should be aware of events to come shortly....cryptic maybe. The idea is this. Not much time has elapsed in our quest to uncover evidence of or WMDs themselves in Iraq. The more territory we uncover, the more HUMINT we recv., the more we will find. Kay is very good at using HUMINT to achieve goals and should not disapoint this time.

Will the America haters eat this plate of Crow when it is served or will the excuse factory pump out more of the above?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join