It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Good Article about the war, Americans please read this as well...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Here is the link:

www.guardian.co.uk...

Is an elite article..
Enjoy the read

And i don�t post my opinion because i want everyone to read it, then we can talk about its content in an objective way

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 03:15 AM
link   
You want Americans to read totally subjective propaganda and then you want to discuss it in an objective way? Discuss what? Propaganda as an effective tool?
Figure that rhetoric in with today's events. Compare it to the freeing of the children in the kiddie jail where kids are sent if they refuse to join the Baath club for little children.
Compare it to the people that are now combing through the torture chamber's records, trying to see if there is any clue as to where their missing family members are.

Everyone is wrong from time to time. As a matter of fact, people are wrong more often than not. The key is to admit when you're wrong and to learn from it. Seems some can't do that.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoLD aNGeR

www.guardian.co.uk...

Pure liberal BS !
Some peoples are not from that planet.I wonder in wich world they are living.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

www.guardian.co.uk...

Pure liberal BS !
Some peoples are not from that planet.I wonder in wich world they are living.

Pfff, no comments, about this, i just wanted too see ppl�s reaction to this article...
liberal BS?
and yes u are right some people are completely blind and brainwashed and they are out of reality and rationality...

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
You want Americans to read totally subjective propaganda and then you want to discuss it in an objective way? Discuss what? Propaganda as an effective tool?

Everyone is wrong from time to time. As a matter of fact, people are wrong more often than not. The key is to admit when you're wrong and to learn from it. Seems some can't do that.

Everything is propaganda, but this guy is speaking with a lot of rationality, if u can�t see that it may be that u don�t wanna accept that u are wrong (at least on that point).
So does that mean, that if for u is a subjective article, u can�t disscuss it on an objective way with others?????
Well then i think u have a problem then, we can disscuss the propaganda from all sides, europe america, arabas whatever, but it is up to us to see it in an objective way,
it doesn�t matter from where it comes from...
It depends on you and what u experience everyday...

dom

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Fact is ColdAnger... any reporter who is brave enough to present an anti-war angle is immediately a leftist liberal. And in the pro-war peoples eyes, leftist liberals, just do not know what they're talking about.

This works very nicely for the pro-war people, because it basically means that they can just dismiss anything that might challenge their opinion. Because it's all "propaganda" and "leftist BS".

You have to worry about the world, don't you?

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dom

it basically means that they can just dismiss anything that might challenge their opinion. Because it's all "propaganda" and "leftist BS".

You have to worry about the world, don't you?

We've learned this trick from the left !

And now that we use your " weapons ", you're disturbed.

Also, I've read the article.And if we were doing what the reporter say, Irakis would still be under the Saddam regime !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many peoples can't accept that the US/GB/Aussie coalition is freeing Irak. Also, they can't accept that those Irakis are HAPPY to see the coalition troop !!!
For the leftists, it's really a pain in the ass.

OH MY GOD, LOOK.....THEY ARE NOT KILLING THEM ALL.THEY ARE REALLY FREEING THEM FROM A TYRANT !

But we share something.We're ALL worry about the world.

[Edited on 10-4-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

dom

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I guess it's better to know that you're ignorant of the whole truth, rather than to just be ignorant of the whole truth.

This guy doesn't seem to realise that...

"On March 21, the day after American and British troops began their illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq, an "embedded" CNN correspondent interviewed an American soldier. "I wanna get in there and get my nose dirty," Private AJ said. "I wanna take revenge for 9/11."

To be fair to the correspondent, even though he was "embedded" he did sort of weakly suggest that so far there was no real evidence that linked the Iraqi government to the September 11 attacks. Private AJ stuck his teenage tongue out all the way down to the end of his chin. "Yeah, well that stuff's way over my head," he said. "

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dom
I guess it's better to know that you're ignorant of the whole truth, rather than to just be ignorant of the whole truth.

This guy doesn't seem to realise that...

"On March 21, the day after American and British troops began their illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq, an "embedded" CNN correspondent interviewed an American soldier. "I wanna get in there and get my nose dirty," Private AJ said. "I wanna take revenge for 9/11."

To be fair to the correspondent, even though he was "embedded" he did sort of weakly suggest that so far there was no real evidence that linked the Iraqi government to the September 11 attacks. Private AJ stuck his teenage tongue out all the way down to the end of his chin. "Yeah, well that stuff's way over my head," he said. "

Yeah yeah...you're still in your dream/nightmare.....The so bad USA. You wouldn't see an elephant, even if he was under your nose.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   
dom.....you are an aggresive person. You need to worry about how you will survive in the future. I t will come the day not if but when your knees will bow down to
GOD. You need to look at the big picture and understand people have beliefs and your beliefs are not such that all of THESE things must come to pass.

I guess you are going to argue with the Iraqis now for beating the statue of Saddam with thier shoes.

dom

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Nope, I'm glad Saddam has gone.

And if I come over as aggressive, then I apologise. It comes from being in a minority who are generally bashed fairly regularly by other peoples posts. I grow tired of being told that because I'm anti-war I'm pro-Saddam.

As far as God goes. I really seriously doubt that the God you're envisioning actually exists. But you have a right to your own opinion, and I have mine.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Dom....that was a respectful reply. Ufortunately, you may be very lost. You are angry, and as far as being a minority, who is'nt one? Relax, take a deep breath and realize the world will turn with or without us. IO'm sure you are a very intresting person to talk to. but realize that you will adjust to the life we are dealing with.

dom

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I do find your reply to be somewhat patronising USP.

Although I suspect we'd end up having an interesting chat about religion/war/a topic of your choice if we sat down and had a beer in a pub.

However, I really don't think you can honestly be singling me out as the only person who is sometimes aggressive/disrespectful in their comments on these boards.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Never not at all. I would not waste my time reply to members who are not intresting as you. But, I really feel you can tone it down a bit for your sake. I mean come on, did you see the people yesterday in Iraq? The pictures of people in France in 1944? The fall of the Nazis? Wheter or not it was the USA who did all of the work, whatever your nationality is or mine, we would want that kind of liberation. You for sure in my opinion
are not A HATEFUL person, just aggressive. I agree, it suck people die in the midst of all this mess......but it happens.....it always does. I do not know what your spiritual beliefs are, but it could be very dangerous for your soul. Let me put it this way. If Damascus Syria ever gets attacked by Israel, read the bible and tell me it wasn't written it was so.......Peace. Have a great day.

dom

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Yep, it's nice to see a dictatorship fall, to be replaced with something better (hopefully).

But you know full well that before this war started the Iraqi people were not at the top of everyone's concerns. And the reason is, this war isn't about liberating the Iraqi people.

Strangely this war only became about liberation when the US realised that their intel. on chem/bio weapons was incorrect (and quickly brushed that public justification under the carpet). We may still find some weapons, but we're not going to find largescale production facilities, or SCUDS with weaponised VX warheads (because they'd have been used by now).

This war is all about US power, particularly US power in the Middle East. As Kegs says in another thread, did anyone ever doubt that the US would win this war? Anyone? (listen's to the echo's
)

That's my issue with this war. I never doubted that the Iraqi's would prefer to get rid of Saddam, but I'm not going to let the US administration bash me over the head with that to the point where I forget that this war isn't about that.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Good for you dom..........true anout the reason on this war, WHY?. MONEY.

Never believe what you hear or see on the airwaves.
We as humans have been programed to see things one way. Not me for sure. We need to be careful about alternative media, conspirators poison minds to.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This war is just another sign of the abuse of power that those mad elitists are having...
Is not just saddam, bush or irak, while u all have been watching news about this war, the rest of the world also has been going as well, with also massacres, deads
starving, etc etc etc unjustice for all, and still some ppl
following the politics, believing in all the lies of media and stuff like that....
When the earth is gonna explote, who cares about saddam 80% in this planet cannot eat daily or drinking water....
Diseases stuff like that, if u feel bush wants to help tell him to stop contamination, spend economy on WMD
Or army, or have the most capitalism system on the world, the hightes Ratio of Police per person in the world
(instead of teach people to be kindly and good and have sense, they just make it all full of policeman to keep the order, what a nice freedom and democracy)
Law enforcements, Homeland security services, etc etc

i don�t want to make just a comment about killing dictators is good, then we should kill bush first, blair second and the rest of the puppets on the politics....

The truth is that just citizens are suffering all those games, and stupid wars and this #ed up world...
And u still talk about right left democracy or republican

WAKE UP PLEASE!

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   

i don�t want to make just a comment about killing dictators is good, then we should kill bush first, blair second and the rest of the puppets on the politics....

WAKE UP PLEASE!

You should join the MARINES since you are so gung ho.
Go ahead start the leadership. ANGER goes no where.
A fool will show his intelligence so quickly that before he knows it he is subdued.

DEAL with it. How are you going to change it all?

Lets' hear it..........

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well, it's blatant propaganda. Look at the wording....

"adolescent" American soldiers, "childish" handwriting, "weakly" suggest, etc.

My favorite was this:

"Iraq has shown spectacular courage and has even managed to put up what actually amounts to a defence. A defence which the Bush/Blair Pair have immediately denounced as deceitful and cowardly. (But then deceit is an old tradition with us natives."

Uhmm...excuse me, the country was effectively taken over in 3 weeks, with minimum casualties. They didn't even get a plane up in the air for gods sakes...and this was a "defense"?

These soldiers weren't defending their homeland, they were following orders lest they be shot. Once it became clear that the regime was no more, you saw them drop their arms, and cheer our arrival. And, in case you want to say "oh, but yeah, according to the west's biased media"...think again...this was even according to Al Jazeera!!!

Saddam appearing on tv...yep, that was a hoot...nothing like sitting around in sweaters when it's 90 degrees outside, similar to his city "tour" where everyone was wearing jackets in triple digit temperatures...yep, sure....

Then it goes on to praise those who protested, not peacefully, but those who protested and infringed on other's rights, some of which committed downright treason in interfering with war operations.

This article isn't worth the cyberspace it takes up...
There are other, far more intelligent arguements against the war than this rubbish....

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
US Patriot, you were so patronising to Dom there it looked as if you were going to put a leash on him and take him for walk.
Get down off your high horse, no offence but you sound like your trying to be Gandhi or something.
Don't insult someone�s intelligence just to block criticism of your opinions.
It's the adult equivalent of saying
"I know you are, but what am I?"
"I know you are, but what am I?"

And spare me the Zen "you are too aggressive, calm down etc" reminds me too much of what Saddam always said in the southpark movie "hey, relax fella! Sit down, take a load off"

Nothing to see here, move along, eh..?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join