It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Benton: CBS treatment of Ron Paul DISGRACEFUL.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+93 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Ron got 90 seconds 2 questions in the official nationally televised hour of CBS' foreign policy debate.

SPARTANBURG, S.C. – Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton released the following statement concerning the CBS / National Journal Republican debate:

“Ron Paul consistently polls among the top three in the key early voting states of Iowa and New Hampshire. He is polling in double digits in most respected polls.

“Congressman Paul is ranked among the top three in fundraising results.

“Congressman Paul serves on the House Foreign Relations Committee.

blog.4president.org...

“Congressman Paul is a veteran.

“And, Congressman Paul has contrasting views on foreign policy that many Americans find worthy of inquiry and discussion.

“CBS's treatment of Congressman Paul is disgraceful, especially given that tonight’s debate centered on foreign policy and national security.

“Congressman Paul was only allocated 90 seconds of speaking in one televised hour. If we are to have an authentic national conversation on issues such as security and defense, we can and must do better to ensure that all voices are heard.

“CBS News, in their arrogance, may think they can choose the next president. Fortunately, the people of Iowa, New Hampshire, and across America get to vote and not the media elites.”

edit on 12-11-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

They feel as long as they limit his time in talking less people will take notice of his issues. He's been ignored in the polls and the media. To think the media isn't being controlled is really ignoring the 500 lb. gorilla in the room.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
CBS, and all the big main stream media are full of garbage. I actually have a screen shot of the poll CNBC put up on there website on November 9th, 2011, the night of the debate. Ron Paul was polling 77% at one point. Right before they pulled the poll he was pulling in 63%. It's pathetic...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I watched the whole debate. Ron Paul did seem to get rick rolled
and also on cbs's live page they closed the poll down pretty quick
after Ron Paul got so many votes.

I am going to try and get a clip but when he walked off stage
PAUL LOOK PISSED OFF!!!! At the end of the debate
you could tell he was mad about the whole thing.

Rick Santorum was whining how he never got enough time!

He got more time then Paul and he is a COMPLETE BOZO!!

Crazy times!!

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Its time to "Occupy Paul".

He needs as much support as he can get right now.

Thats one man that can bring change and all the fat cats know it.

Thats why they are trying to keep him away.

We all know whats going on.

These television stations better get their ____together, real fast.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I always use to the think the media blackout of RP was just nonsense. I was talking about him the other day to somebody and she didn't even know he was running for President!

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Not only was Ron Paul ignored more than all of the other candidates, including those who consistently poll around 1%, he was TWICE not able to respond when another candidate specifically mentioned his name... something that CBS said was part of their "rules" at the beginning of the debate.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I would like this see this, I was watching on tv, didn't see him walk off but I saw some of the candidates toward the right gather together for some chatting.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Yup, Huntsman, Santorum, and Bachmann all got more questions and talk time than Ron Paul, they all poll MUCH lower than Ron.

If that isn't biased, unfair, unbalanced, I don't know what is...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
it is through the ignoring that we hear the most. silence speaks louder than words i've been told.

thanks CBS for proving once more to us in plain sight, how corrupt and apart of it you are!

something is wrong, or they would let him speak, he's running for president, show a little class.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
All this does is drives me harder to get out for Ron Paul. So blatant, they don't even care anymore about appearing to offer us a choice. The elitists have spoken, we need to be good cattle and go with the herd where they are directing us.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I was too busy working the Iowa Ron Paul headquarters phone banks to watach any of the debate. Looks like I didn't miss anything. The more they ignore RP the more supporters he is getting. I talked to several people about how they are treating him while making calls. When he gets elected what are they going to do? Say we don't have an elected president because he has been blacked out? We took the election down because of the supporters lol.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
it is through the ignoring that we hear the most. silence speaks louder than words i've been told.

thanks CBS for proving once more to us in plain sight, how corrupt and apart of it you are!

something is wrong, or they would let him speak, he's running for president, show a little class.

Unfortunately, the sheep have been taught by the media that "Crazy Uncle Ron" is just that, crazy.

So when they see him ignored they don't think much of it. They just assume it's because he's crazy and has no chance of winning, when in reality we here know that it is because he is a threat to the establishment.

+3 more 
link   
I am so pissed at these idiot stations at this point I could spit.

I don't know how Dr. Paul can stomach their appalling behavior. His continuing participation in this process (fiasco) is a testament to his grace and character.

The political process is broken.

The media is corrupt.

The electorate is brainwashed with lies, running on fear and approaching moral bankruptcy.

At this point if I was him, I'd announce my resignation from the Republican charade and announce a third party run citing the media bias and begin to go on the offensive challenging each of these "candidates" (phonies) individually to one on one debates.

Playing it by their rules doesn't work because unscrupulous people are really good at being unscrupulous. Scrupulous people have a hard time dealing with such underhanded behavior.

Dr Paul sticks around because he sees what a dangerous mess we are in and honestly cares about our families' futures and for his familiy's future.

One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I really hope Dr. Paul and his campaign starts to realize that the media is not going to change and continuing to play the game by their rules is not going to succeed.

+20 more 
link   
I just wrote to CBS and you guys can too if you feel this was complete BS.

here: www.cbs.com...

Dear anybody at CBS that still gives a damn,

Ron Paul is third in fundraising

Ron Paul receives the most donations from active and non-active military service persons, more than double the entire GOP field combined.

Ron Paul currently polls 4th nationally and top 3 in key primary and caucus states

Ron Paul started the discussion on blowback, ending the wars, bringing the troops home.

And you guys thought it would be best to give him 89 seconds of nationally televised talk time between 2 questions? The least amount of questions and talk time even compared to candidates polling at the very bottom?

If that isn't biased and unfair, I don't know what is.

Let the people pick their president, we don't need them to be selected for us.

Thank You.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by robyn

I don't know how Dr. Paul can stomach their appalling behavior.

I don't understand it either, I seriously thought that tonight was going to be the night when Dr. Paul threw all of his papers up in the air and just walked off the stage, like F this.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Hey, thanks for volunteering your time on the ground in Iowa. Can you give us some updates to what is going on down there? How many people are pledging to caucus in Iowa?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by popsmayhem

I would like this see this, I was watching on tv, didn't see him walk off but I saw some of the candidates toward the right gather together for some chatting.

I am still looking for an upload of it.

I should of recorded it.

When we get a hold of a video you will be able to see the frustration as Paul walked off
he knew he got ****ed

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Is this the year that Ron Paul mans up and runs as a third party independent???

We all know he declined to do so in 2008, but he is so old now what does he have to lose?

Anything that can keep him in the debates, especially the debates later on when it will just be Obama and the Republican nominee, is worthwhile.

Imagine all of those debates being Obama, Romney, and Paul. Ron Paul would own them every single time and there would be no way of ignoring him when there are only 3 people involved.

I suppose the only thing stopping Ron Paul from doing this is money. Let's hope he can raise enough money for an independent run!
edit on 11/12/2011 by Diplomat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Not thinking about that right now, if we can secure Iowa (and it seems VERY possible) and at least 25-30% in New Hampshire second to Romney's likely 40+% the GOP nomination will be down to Romney and Paul. Paul's support is more organized so if it is a Romney v Paul GOP race, it will be close but I can envision a Paul victory.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join