It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Benton: CBS treatment of Ron Paul DISGRACEFUL.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

We are working very hard to win this Iowa Caucus. Ron Paul will be back in Iowa Friday and Saturday speaking across the state. We are still in need of precinct captains if anyone know someone interested here in Iowa. At the last Straw poll here about 3 weeks ago RP got 82% of the vote. Again CNN that time tried to hide the results. If anyone else has any information I would be glad to hear it.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by Diplomat

Not thinking about that right now, if we can secure Iowa (and it seems VERY possible) and at least 25-30% in New Hampshire second to Romney's likely 40+% the GOP nomination will be down to Romney and Paul. Paul's support is more organized so if it is a Romney v Paul GOP race, it will be close but I can envision a Paul victory.

I'm sorry but there's pretty much no way that Ron Paul will be chosen by the Republican party. Most of the people who will be voting are status quo sheep. They think he's absolutely crazy.

If we have any chance of waking up more sleeping Americans Ron Paul MUST pull a "Ross Perot" this time around. It's the only way for him to get real exposure. They will continue to ignore him throughout this Republican primary farce.

Even if he does not win the presidency, at least he will able to spread more truth during the debates with only 3 people involved.
edit on 11/12/2011 by Diplomat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Is this the year that Ron Paul mans up and runs as a third party independent???

We all know he declined to do so in 2008, but he is so old now what does he have to lose?

I believe he will. At this point I think he's riding the Republican train up til the very end so he can at least get SOME mainstream coverage and participation in the debates. Then, if he runs 3rd party in the general and has at least 15% support he will be in the debates 3 way between Obama and Romney (since that's who they have chosen). There's that new third party platform that is working to get access to all 50 states. Besides him having much more support this time around, he is not seeking re-election to his house seat and could break away from the Republican party that's been hijacked by neo-cons.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Thats why it is important to be a delegate at the gop national convention.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I would like nothing more than for Ron Paul to be the nominee, but we all know it's just not going to happen. We see how the propaganda machine and the manipulation works, it's just not going to happen.

He MUST run as a third party this time around as long as he has the funding. America's future depends on it.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

The problem is the GOP establishment will pull every dirty trick they can to block his delegates. Also I read that in 2008 in New Hampshire there was a huge disparity between the paper ballots and the computer ballots, in that he won the paper ballots pretty handily, but got almost no votes in the computers...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Here's a thread from 2008 showing one of the tricks they pulled...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
My feedback to CBS:

I am completely disgusted by your treatment of Congressman Paul in tonight's debate. 89 seconds to answer 2 questions is absolutely disgraceful.

30 years experience in Congress and a member of the House Foreign Relations committee, a veteran enjoying overwhelming support by our military and a true statesman representing the foreign policy positions of a significant number of highly educated and well informed Americans should certainly rate more than 89 seconds during a one hour debate.

We are at a pivotal point in our nation's history. It should behoove CBS to uphold certain ethical standards and behave in a manner consistent with those standards.

I won't be turning to your channel anytime in the near future for news or entertainment nor will I be patronizing any of your sponsors.

Link for your feedback if you so desire to offer some:
www.cbs.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Here's what I wrote to CBS. It's prolly too long and doubt anyone there will actually read it, but here it is for what it's worth:

I have genuine concern for the way the media is operating during these elections. It really doesn't matter if your network agrees with a candidate or not, you really need to be doing fair reporting. It's not just CBS, it's ALL across the media. People really are getting very upset. To any genuine American citizen working at CBS, PLEASE stop the biased reporting! I'm sure this email won't even be read because time after time, we have seen reporters mock Ron Paul supporters, saying things like they are "spamming polls" etc. It's not true!! I've never seen an online poll take place that allows for anyone to vote twice. I've tried just_to_see and it's not possible.

Anyway, Ron Paul was given 90 seconds of airtime in this last debate, and that's not fair!! No-one in the media barely even brings up his name, before or after the debates! Give the guy a fair shot, if you don't allow a fair electoral process, then we aren't living in America!! If you work at CBS and keep turning a blind eye to the media black-out happening to the candidate this time around the media doesn't want, then you are advocating a communistic society! Please stop and think. Help END THE RON PAUL BLACKOUT, it doesn't matter if you agree with the guy or not, he deserves a fair shot!

Everyday, more and more Americans are realizing this type of blatant, biased and false reporting from our news agencies. It's not going to last long before we see some real anger happening. If the media keeps this up, the people will force this job out of your hands.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

I would like nothing more than for Ron Paul to be the nominee, but we all know it's just not going to happen. We see how the propaganda machine and the manipulation works, it's just not going to happen.

He MUST run as a third party this time around as long as he has the funding. America's future depends on it.

Well I agree he should try, but lets be real even if he does run independent unless he is able to buy prime time TV and lots of it like Perot did (honestly I don't think the networks would allow it even if the campaign did get the money), he will not get the exposure he needs to win. It's bad enough the media is actively working against him, but lets face it, most Americans are too shallow to look beyond his age, looks, or stutter. Even if somehow he got the majority of people behind him, he would just be killed rather than be allowed to win.

It just isn't going to happen barring a miracle. The system is just too rigged.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by proximo

What we're here to do is to win or die trying. It is our duty to expose that of which is wrong.

Tons of shady tactics were used in the 08 race like 27jd stated earlier, not only in New Hampshire but Louisiana, Nevada and the like. Microphones turned off, power shut down, even convention walk outs AND lockouts, all to prevent Ron Paul wins.

This is how desperate they are to hold onto power, we have them scared, really scared that they are forced to bring about this heinous manipulation to keep the status quo.

This is not the time to throw our hands up and give them the victory, this is the time where we PUSH even HARDER.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

This is not the time to throw our hands up and give them the victory, this is the time where we PUSH even HARDER.

I'm with you on this. I wasn't trying to suggest we throw in the towel, or not push as hard as we can to get him the GOP nomination. I just take comfort in the thought that if they do succeed in blocking us, he may run and get on the ballot on all 50 states, and enough support to participate in the general election debates. I know it's hard to win as a 3rd party candidate, but I don't think it's impossible. We know things are much different know than they were when Perot was running. At the very least, we would get the neo-con a-holes back for their dirty tricks and subversion of Dr. Paul and give them another term of Obama by splitting the vote from Romney. There's no real difference of course, but the idiots that vote for Romney don't know that.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It's time for Ron to start speaking up, interjecting, and calling out the moderators during the debate, in front of everyone for not giving him any time.

He gotten the shaft a few times now, and just politely sits there quietly. Time for him to demand more face time. Stop playing nice. He has nothing to lose.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I feel you but what I'm trying to get across is that if people think they have a backup RP third party run, they'll try less for the GOP nomination. There are tons of RP'ers working their asses off and donating like mad men trying to get RP the win. We have a lot of work to do to circumvent the media's manipulation, that is a given but its just something we have to accept and let their corruption fuel our passions.

I honestly think Ron Paul can be a the GOP nominee, will it be easy? Not at all. Is it possible? I say yes.

Ron Paul supporters are getting into delegate positions all over the country, we're going to take this over from the inside. When he wins Iowa, it'll be a Romney v Paul race and from what we know, Romney could NEVER get higher than 25% of the polls, people just don't trust him.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Agreed. I switched from Independent to Republican, and so did my fiancee. Convinced my dad to vote for him in the primaries too. I'm gonna fight 110% to get him the GOP nomination.

Also volunteered to work the polls, hopefully can get a counting gig...
edit on 12-11-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Let's revisit 2008 when they tried to humiliate Ron on the Fox Debate and he countered with a truth bomb

Imagine if Ron got equal talking time during this foreign policy debate, he would SMASH the other candidates and come out as the clear winner with the most applause.

This is why it has been scientifically proven Ron Paul gets the LEAST amount of talking time in the debates thus far, also clear proof from tonights CBS debate.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Already hit the mainstream, this article talks about Bachmann too. I guess they accidentally got an email from a CBS exec talking about how she was gonna get less questions because she's polling low. Which is BS, they should all get EQUAL time, and she got more than Ron Paul who is polling much higher...

Fireworks were few and far between at the GOP’s foreign policy debate tonight, but if any issue provoked the ire of some candidates it was not each other but rather how CBS News’ moderator Scott Pelley ran the event.

Numerous candidates from Rep. Michele Bachmann to Rep. Ron Paul complained about unfair treatment from the network, arguing that rival campaigns had received far more attention during the debate. The Bachmann campaign went so far as to release an email that they said spokeswoman Alice Stewart had “inadvertently received” from CBS earlier in the day.
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The only way this man is gonna get more media air time is if someone occupies the parking lot of the major TV networks and print media corporate headquarters and they invite Al Jazerra, RT and Chinese National Media to report on it.
edit on 13-11-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
First hand testimonial from a Paul supporter at the debates tonight.

What You Didn't Realize About the CBS/NJ/Wofford Debate: Fret Not
Submitted by SC Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ on Sun, 11/13/2011

I'm here to tell y'all....Ron Paul owned Spartanburg, South Carolina tonight at the CBS/National Journal/Wofford College debate. You may be upset over the "89 seconds" Ron Paul was given in the debate to reply but the real excitement was happening before airing and during commercials.

Someone screamed (in the quiet) "WE LOVE YOU RON PAUL!!" and the whole place went wild with applause and hooting etc.

When Herman Cain walked on stage, a DP member yelled "ZERO, ZERO, ZERO" which got the crowd going again...

Then a single troop stood up, STOOD UP (in fatigues) and hollered "THE TROOPS SUPPORT RON PAUL!!"

And so it went on throughout the debate, Ron Paul got the most applause, folks kept hollering out "RON PAUL!!"

So I'm just here to confirm to you that I witnessed it with my own eyes and ears. There was a lot of support for Ron Paul in the debate crowd tonight. We drew a lot of attention to Dr. Paul that we are obviously endeared to him unlike any other candidate. If no one knew about Ron Paul before the debate, I'll bet they're looking him up now!!

So do not fret!! WE WON!!!

Sounds like a great time for Paul at the live event, if only the media would stop manipulating the REAL news and the rest of America could see the actual support Ron Paul.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Is there anything we could possibly do to make a serious statement to get people to at least read up on RP? Like some sort of pledge that stops people in their tracks and think, huh...maybe I should at least do a little research. Some sort of awareness drive because I honestly believe if enough people thought about what he stood for and the type of real change he could bring, a lot of people would go crazy about Paul.

Occupy Ron Paul?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join