It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Occupy Atlanta' Shelter Tests Positive for Tuberculosis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Not to mention shootings at 3 protests in the same day.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I didn't say we HAD to get tested... It was more so to stop the rumors.

That's incredibly encouraging. "We just went through the motions..."

Might explain why you have such a chip on your shoulder despite the fact that, presuming your PPD was administered the moment the story broke, it would only just now be able to give a legitimate readout.

www.medicinenet.com...

"Reading" the skin test means detecting a raised, thickened local area of skin reaction, referred to as induration. Induration is the key item to detect, not redness or bruising. Skin tests should be read 48-72 hours after the injection when the size of the induration is maximal. Tests read after 72 hours tend to underestimate the size of the induration.

Of course, the test was a waste of money. . . .

www.medicinenet.com...

An incubation period of two to 12 weeks is usually necessary after exposure to the TB bacteria in order for the PPD test to be positive. Anyone can have a TB test, and it can be given to infants, pregnant women, or HIV-infected people with no danger. It is only contraindicated in people who have had a severe reaction to a previous tuberculin skin test.

So, take it again in six weeks.

See Creative Loafing thought it would be a good idea, but the thing is, though Occupy Atlanta is operated out of a homeless shelter, it is based in an office space outside of the common area. Soooooo please, give it up.

This... is horribly ignorant of how disease is spread.

"I was in another room... attached to a common room... but in another room." Because it is a well known fact that disease is spread by rooms, not the people who travel between those rooms (and do not interact with each other outside of the room in question).

By your messed up logic, you shouldn't live in an apartment or work in an office building out of fear pf TB. The office space that Occupy Atlanta operates out of is on a totally separate floor. So please, stop tryna reach all out into space for a protestor infected.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

So these people could have been infected, way before OWS even began?

Are we that single-minded?

"It wasn't OWS who started the infection!"

Rather irrelevant when you're looking at a crowd of people using improvised housing methods in a park, known to regularly interact with people from the homeless shelter that tested positive for Tuberculosis.

They are outside, in the cold - their mucous membranes are diluted in the body's attempt to protect itself from the moisture-robbing cold, cutting its effectiveness as a barrier for the immune system. They are also interacting with plenty of people outside of their local biosphere - which translates to strains of bacteria alien to their bodies as well as some entirely new pathogens (to them). They are under stress and perhaps not on an optimal diet.

It should raise some eyebrows when uncommon diseases start rearing their head in the region. Not because the people in the tents may have started it - but that they are potentially going to catch it and it spread amongst their ranks rather quickly.

Excellent points but these blind sheep only see themselves as immaculate conceptions incapable of deficiencies.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Were they hit?

Who shot at them? The police or random lunatics?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I can't believe this is actually happening right now. I actually wrote about this here on ATS around a month ago and predicted that the Occupy movement could be used to accelerate a Bio-Warfarce type attack.

ATS THREAD- PLEASE READ

This is very, very serious and I hope people pick up on what may be happening here. A revival of the black death is a very real possibility here folks.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

Black Death or Anthrax most likely. Read my thread above. Glad there is someone else skeptical about this. This is serious.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

By your messed up logic, you shouldn't live in an apartment or work in an office building out of fear pf TB.

TB is very uncommon in the general public. It is largely confined to minorities and the chronically impoverished.

The office space that Occupy Atlanta operates out of is on a totally separate floor.

It is unfortunate that the collective memory of humans is so dreadfully short. Does the term: "Sanitarium" ring any bells? Part of the reason ghosts were so popularized through the 20s and 30s was due to the catastrophic effects of TB infection and the toll it had on human life in America.

You're talking about a public space with people going in and out on a regular basis and interacting in said "common area."

You also neglect to address the fact that the OWS crowd regularly interacts and sometimes shares quarters with people from that homeless shelter.

So please, stop tryna reach all out into space for a protestor infected.

You're being dangerously single-minded about this issue.

This isn't about attacking or discrediting OWS.

Believe me - I'd laugh, hysterically, if the OWS crowd all came down with a new version of the flu and were crapping their intestines out in the gutters. I've no love for it. I don't need fears of infection to drive my dislike of it.

I am posing what should be a very serious matter to you - the health risks of having that many people in close contact from different areas and with no real organized system of health and wellness inspections. You even seem to be ignorant of the reality that infections can and do happen - and are amplified by having large numbers of people in proximity (especially when they are taxing many of the facilities in the area).

And you're still going around, acting like it's an attack on your movement.

I'm telling you - the test you took is not valid. Incubation times for TB are longer than that (and exposure/contraction could have occurred at any time - not necessarily when contact first occurred).

It should be more of a concern to you and your movement to take measures to ensure these people are not exposed to highly infectious contagions like TB. You should also be making these people aware of the importance health plays - and not to simply brush off "colds" while in that environment.

But, like I said - your attitude promises to make things more amusing - so, it really doesn't matter to me.

However, you aren't going to tell yourself that you're wrong - and I feel a duty to tell people they are wrong.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Just a bunch dirthy, filthy, rabble -rousing, long-haired-hippy rats on drugs that out to be exterminated before they get to the children!

Make haste! Call-in the Nixon brigade!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

'Occupy Atlanta' Shelter Tests Positive for Tuberculosis

www.foxnews.com

A homeless shelter that has been housing more than 100 "Occupy Atlanta" protesters has tested positive for tuberculosis (TB), WGCL-TV reported Thursday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Whats next on Fox News, Bubonic Plague? I have found there coverage of this whole thing to be as slanted to TPTB, and gods-of-money (can you say "Rupert Murdoch"?) as possible. That said, I have no doubt you cram people together in unsanitary conditions and TB is one example of what you can get, and its among the most virulent things still relatively common, in particular those with out general fair health and good nutrition. As for portable toilets, etc I'm all for them. Do you think they would have a problem with setting up port a-potties in so many OWS locations and cities? I do.

As for homeless shelters it would make sense for those who so in favor of this, the OWS crowd, and terrific "cheerleaders", like Michael Mores, and others who want to stand around to be noticed then go home, to spring for the cost of MD's and public health nurses to deal with some basic care at these shelters. That should be SOP, but as we know money for shelters can barely keep the lights and heat on, and in some cases provide some basic food. There is also a persistent problem with airborne communicable illness like TB at shelters anyway, and we need to keep that in mind.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Again... you just don't seem to get it. OWS is a large group of people, in close-quarters, in conditions straining to their immune systems.
reply to post by Aim64C

You don´t seem to get what the OP of this thread is about.

Is he not holding OWS responsible for the two alledged TB cases, he is calling them a dirty filthy horde as a reaction to this news.

So yes, in relation to the OP, it is relevant that the patients probably were infected before OWS came there.

Your concerns for the crowd are very noble, but don´t tell me that I don´t get it, while I´m actually adressing the OP and the article wich clearly tries to blame this on OWS.

So what are you trying to say. that it´s not OWS´fault, but that they should go home now, because of this ``severe outbreak`` of two alledged sick people?

Some would call you a fearmonger, in a different situation.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

edit on 11/11/12 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
the only thing not surprising is that there havent been outbreaks of other diseases yet due to lack of personal hygiene, urinating / defecating everywhere, throwing rubbish all over..
Its the makings of a serious outbreak of a number of diseases..

But the unwashed, mindless mass will continue to insist its all just a story to discredit them..

Would hate to see the shape the u.s would be in if the unwashed , mindless mass had its way.. It would make third world countries look like paradise.. Hope they at least have the courtesy post quarantine signs at the borders to warn travellers of the increased risk of disease upon entry..

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Let's put those sick dirty infectious homelesses into FEMA camps.

Subliminal message: "Don't go there". Wish we'll make a quarantine zone for your safety"
It's actually ingenious. So many opportunities.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Fox news is not a credible news source, sorry.

It has already been refuted. This is just spin to try to scare protesters away. It's funny that people like Tinfoil would actually hope for this to happen to people they don't agree with.

Anyway this had already been posted once or twice. Did you search for it or did you just have to make another thread so you didn't miss a chance to be hate filled?
edit on 12-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

He just hates the fact that there are young people out there being more proactive than he ever has been.
It's pretty much what he has devoted his existence on ATS to.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

The filthy dirty horde is turning into a disease ridden cesspool in the early hours of an epidemic.
Join now, get your disease today.

This is what will happen to you if you go live in a tent city with strangers all packed in closely together with no sanitary facillities. Of all the millions Soros and his trillionaire buddies paid to organize this shindig, their sheeple were not good enough to spend for outhouses and shower facillities.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Zombies !!!!

lol jk

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
You know what ....my opinion is...TPTB....may have created this TB rumor in Atlanta...in order to have a (supposed) valid reason to shut it down.

You know they did. Ows has just spread to my state. I saw in Little Rock, the capitol of Arkansas that the OWS are setting up shop at the old VA building thats is just being used as a storage facility for the new VA building but should be turned into a homeless shelter instead of going to waste. All those rooms and kitchen facilities are now getting put to use after being wasted for 25 years. The old hospital is in surprisingly good condition.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by PhoenixOD

He just hates the fact that there are young people out there being more proactive than he ever has been.
It's pretty much what he has devoted his existence on ATS to.

There you go again as predicted, when the story is not to your liking attack the source, then attack the OP for making a thread. It's what you have devoted your ATS existance to.

Proactive youth? Hahahaha a fancy way to say sheeple for dummies Volume one.
Lets see, they rob each other blind and complain about the inequality of the system
They instigate violence against the authorities then plea for sympathy
They live in filth that would make a third world country appear as a four star rated vacation destiny
They refuse to take flu vaccinations citing conspiritorial fears
They rape and murder each other under a self policing policy where loose lips sink ships, no snitching is the order of the day.
Now they are coming down with deadly contageous diseases that are a threat to the entire human population but they are too self important to care for any consequences, denial is the order of the day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join