It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misconceptions on the Illuminati

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
After playing the computer game "Deus Ex" and doing some research on my own, I've come to ask on some opinion....

My theory on the Illuminati is as follows: founded in 1776 by Adam Weishaupt and others, it was an organization founded to keep international powers in check. After several centuries, the Illuminati has expanded, and now is comprised of mostly wealthy bankers, corporate businessmen, and policians who utilize their powers to influence world government. Using economics and political fortitude, the Illuminati now work behind the scenes, in the shadows of secrecy, and manipulate economies, events, and world progress.

whether or not what I said above is true or not, has anyone considered the possibility that the Illuminati is a necessary secrecy? A compassionate conspiracy? A group of the wise, the "enlightened" who use banking and politics to keep world governments in check? I've always read the typical "blah blah, the Illuminati were founded by Adam Weishaupt, collaberated with the Freemasons (who apparently now are a community service organization?) worship satan, hate minorities, and want to take over the world."

That description is hard for me to believe. Why would a group of rich businessmen want to take over the world and worship Satan?

I believe the Illuminati aren't that- they're the "invisible hand" that guides the entire world from the shadows of secrecy slowly and deliberately to promote peace, economic prosperity, and most of all, ORDER in the world. After all, why would a group of such "enlightened," obviously well-educated and successful businesspeople and politicians, want to devote much of their time (and funding) into an organization that just wants to promote tyranny, hate, chaos, and corruption? There are better things to do with their time and money, I'm sure.....

Your thoughts? Has anyone actually considered that if the Illuminati actually existed or exists, what their TRUE intentions would be? I'm sure they don't meet in secret to worship Satan and plan the overthrow of world governments....it doesn't sound like human nature to utilize resources and manpower to take such a far-fetched (like taking over the world would occurr in their own lifetime, anyways) and ethically disruptive course of action.

-Isle
Honolulu, Hawaii

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
And also, on the topic of secrecy and cover-ups....

Organizations like Majestic-12 (research of extraterrestrial life) the Illuminati and the CIA black-ops.....

Going to my above post, if the Illuminati existed and their INTENTIONS were for the goodness of humanity.....
why should they be exposed? Why should we care? If the public were to know the truth on how EVERYTHING worked, such as what the US government is hiding in Area 51, and how many foreign nationals are assassinated each day by our own CIA.....
Do you think the public would be able to handle the news? Would they be ready for stories of life from other planets on earth, the US government condoning assassination, murder, and torture of suspected terrorists, and that the entire world is governed/influenced by a secret organization of the rich and powerful called the Illuminati?

Even if the above are true, would the the public be ready for it? What would happen to religion if the news of the alien life leaked out? What would happen to our political system, our way of life, the ideological existance of "democracy" if the Illuminati were to exist?

No one really knows how the average Joe Six-Pack would take news like this. would the public react through fear, riots, and attempts to "get back" at the government because of the secret actions kept from them all these years? Is there really a chance that Anarchy, a complete chaotic state of unrest in government, would emerge?

No one can answer this question for sure. I believe the United States government and the international community realizes this.
This is the reason why we have our secrets, we have our conspiracies. Some things should NOT be told.
It's like having our CIA assassinate a terrorist who was planning another 9/11 attack....that we never hear about because it never HAPPENED. If the public knew about it, there'd be many who would protest our covert actions to maintain the American way of life and safety. These protests would hamper our efforts to protect our interests abroad and to preserve safety and security for the average American citizen.

what I'm saying here is that conspiracies may be a necessary evil to preserve our current way of life......and that not all secrets may be a bad thing. Our government knows many things we don't that the public MIGHT not be ready for. So why should they take the risk of public upheaval? It's easier to keep a secret than let it out and turn the whole world upside down as a result.

Food for thought........post your opinions.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
yeah my sister thinks the same thing you do. But she also doesnt believe masons exist. i'm not sure about illuminati. i DO know there are some secret societies that worship/support some type of demonic or satanic figure.....but the illuminati in particular i dont really know. i know more about masons. the illuminati always seemed above masons to me for some reason, more powerful.

I dont think ALL the propaganda is true about them. i think they have some type of control but where the corrupt and evil comes from is the members themselves, not necessarily the WHOLE ENTIRE illuminati.... people w/ money and power want it kept like that, if not wanting MORE money and MORE power. So i think most of those people are probably corrupt and scandalous b/c you cant be rich and powerful w/o killing SOMEbody or pissin somebody off.....

[Edited on 4-10-2003 by Isis Fibonacci]

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   
You ask why would they want to worship Satan. Satan has supernatural powers. He is using them to stage NWO so his future antichrist can take power. It makes perfect sense. What other way could an antichrist rise up and take over the WHOLE world? A one world order would need to be in place. These illuminati are "enlightened" not by God, but by Satan. Funny you say "enlightened"-it reminds me of Lucifer the "Light Bearer".
Take a look at these sites:

www.conspiracyarchive.com...

cuttingedge.org...

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
shouldn't we be able to choose whether they tell us the truth?
I never told my government to cover anything up.

I want to know the truth.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   
ok what's a pindar?

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
A man named Adam Weishaupt founded a secret society in Bavaria in 1776, that had as it�s goal, to rule the world. The methods they would use would be assassinations, bribery, blackmail, revolutions, and espionage. Their model of organization was similar to the Jesuit Order and the steps and degrees of Freemasonry. They intended to control and manipulate banks and bankers, money-lending powers, the world�s financiers. They intended to cause economic collapses, wars, bloody uprisings and revolutions around the world, with each upheaval calculated to re-structure the status quo leaving the Illuminati in greater positions of influence, and poised for their next step. The main enemies or �targets� of The Illuminati in the 1700s were the kings and queens, the monarchies of Europe, and, the Church. The two most-remembered Illuminati-caused revolutions in history, were, the French Revolution and Reign of Terror (1788-1799), and the Russian Revolution of 1917 that first made Communism a world power. The Illuminati and it�s diabolical conspiracy was very real. These things actually happened and are a matter of world history. The Illuminati Conspiracy got exposed. The authorities made raids and seized Illuminati documents. In its day this was all public headline news, not some obscure, rare, or arcane knowledge. There you have the basic gist of it. That is the starting point. That is what people usually mean by �The Illuminati.�

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The plan to rule the world is thousands of years old. The Illuminati is one group working towards the plan.

There was an older Spanish group - the Alumbrados - same plan.

Means "Illuminated"

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I didn't tell my government to cover things up, either. However, I believe when running a representative democracy, elected officials make decisions for the greater good of the population. If covering things up means ensuring safety and peace, then that is why so much is being kept from the "Joe Six Pack" public today.

Also it's ridiculous to assume the Illuminati worship Satan. They're already rich and powerful. Why would they want to thank Satan for it? You are who you make yourself out to be. Not Satan.

If you say the Illuminati caused the violent revolutions of the French and Russians...... to put themselves in power....that doesn't make sense. The French revolution revolved around a man named Maximillian Robespierre, the founder of the Comittee of Public Safety. This organization removed Louis XIV from power and installed a dictatorship, which led to Robespierre's own execution. Afterwards, the bourgeoise, the middle, educated class, proclaimed a new revolution, and thus the French Republic was born. How can creating a democratic republic promote Illuminati power, if they are trying to take over the world? It would have been easier to keep Max Robespierre in power as a paramilitary dicatator or to simply manipulate the French royalty, as their power is absolute. Now that France is a republic, much of the centralized power was lost and spread out to a number of bureaucrats....elected bureaucrats.

As for the Russian revolution, the revolution was based upon the teachings of Karl Marx, who wrote that in order for communism to succeed, a sudden, violent revolution by the working class must ensue. The basis of the Russian revolution can be traced down to the Communist Manifesto.....not the Illuminati. Why would the Illuminati want to install communism into Russia anyways, when Czar Nicholas would have been easier to manipulate? (an absolute monarchial government) Communism under Russia did nothing except to promote economic disaster, which would not be beneficiary to individuals who would seek a gain in the new government.

It simply doesn't add up when you assume the Illuminati "caused" violent revolutions, such as the one in France (which was a revolution against tyranny and oppression). Rather, I believe the Illuminati are the reason why the world hasn't sunk into another world war III, or worse, into a nuclear winter.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The Illuminati come from Satanic families. They sold their soul for earthly wealth and power. Possibly they expect rewards in whatever comes next also.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
the true illuminati are the ones you don't know exist

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LookingIntoIt
the true illuminati are the ones you don't know exist

But in so saying, one acknowledges they exist.

Therefore the Illuminati do not exist.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Of course, since no one really knows the truth on the Illuminati, it's only feasible to discuss the POSSIBILITY of such an organization.
By saying the Illuminati come from "Satanic" families, you are assuming that practicing Satanism, the worship of the mythical devil, brings wealth and power. The educated businesspeople of today of course know that such nonsense doesn't bring wealth and power. How you work, plan, and manage is how it is done, along with a little bit of luck.

Also it would be safe to assume Satanists are Christians as well- since Lucifer only exists in the Christian religion, and to believe in Satan means you also believe in God, his rival. In religions such as Wicca and Shamanism, neither God nor Satan exist, but only the spirits, energies, and will of mankind and nature. It simply doesn't make sense that the richest people in the world would worship a mystical character within the Christian religion.

One can either assume the catastrophes of the past have been caused by the Illuminati, or that the miracles and achievements made thus far can be credited to them. The wars and conflicts of the past seem to have been a product of political strife and not some kind of secret intervention.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Think NEW WORLD ORDER. That is their goal. Why??? So they can control the world legally. That is the only way to gain world domination, is through the acceptence of others. The people must want to be controlled. Once they want to be controlled then they are ready to be trained. Trained for what??? Trained to be controlled.

Now look at today's world. Are we not asking to be controlled? Look at the war on terrorism. Look at the blind patriotism. You See?

It is the ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT that will allow the control of the world to be effective. That must be done through acceptence. So have we not accepted a false President? Have we not accepted a sexual deviant of a President? Have we not accepted a failing school system? Have we not ignored the passivity to these problems? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So is it not fitting that someone will fill the job? Is it not fitting that something will cause the public opinion to stir into a solution. Hence, September 11th. Remember that. Hence, the Final Solution.

Remember that?

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Isle of secrets, I know the Illuminati exist because I collect and read the works of 33d degree Freemasons. Every 33d degree Freemason says in at least one book that the goal of Freemasonry is to reach a state of Illumination, and the few who achieve that state are the Illuminati.

They state that the Illuminati run Freemasonry. And that the goal of Freemasonry is the Great Plan, AKA the Universal Plan, AKA the Grand Republic, AKA many other names. Whatever you call it, the goal is one world government with one world religion, under the guidance of The Lord of This World, AKA Sanat Kumara.

Half a dozen top ranking members say that the Illuminati run Freemasonry, and that the goals of Freemasonry are as noted above. I see no reason to believe otherwise.

Do a Google search for "Sanat Kumara".

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
He is the ultimate ruler of the Illuminati underground agents. He is worshipped by the Black Nobility. The Black Nobility is the surviving families of the reptilian bloodline. That bloodline is the creation of the Babylonian Brotherhood's Illuminati. It is the Babylonian Brotherhood who is the source of all the secret societies of manipulation. It is they who created the Illuminati, and the Roscrucian Order.

Pindar is the thing the Illuminati agents worship. Why?
Who knows. Pindar is not that known to the one's who aren't controlled. Only those for whom it is already too late, know what he is. If I knew more, I would tell. Right now though I am ignorant to Pindar as are you.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
ew pindar is nasty. i am scared of those teeny tiny lizards (especially the black and albinos) i would probably s_hit myself if i saw pindar.

[Edited on 4-13-2003 by Isis Fibonacci]

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Live like a warrior.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The Illuminati were founded by Gallileo when he was under house arrest.
They later merged, effectively, with the Masons, when they were persecuted by the Church actively.
They were a collection of scientists who sought truth, comparing and contrasting it to the Church doctrine, hence, Illuminati 'the Enlightened.'
The term Lucifier was coined for them (supposedly), Lucifier being the latin for 'Shining Light'.
There is no reason to believe they exist in this modern day, and for the main part, are relegated to small historical pages with large misconceptions. People commonly associate them with anti-Christian/satanic cult beliefs, but in fact, if sticking with their original 'mission aim', they are only a group of people seeking to create an alternate theory to God, seeking the enlightenment of people by science, and it is supposed that the Church oppress them and call them 'satanic', for their lack of belief in God, from which the common misconception that they are a cult, comes from.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join