It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't we start a new civilization? How would you go about this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
My question is pretty simple I suppose and I am just wondering why all of the people who are fed up with how the world is starting to be...

Why not start a new civilization someplace in Africa maybe? Where they have plenty of sun and resources where you could build a green paradise if things were properly done.

How would we go about doing this?

Would there be a better location to try to do something like this?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

You really think starting a new civilization would end up all the problems we face in our current ones? I wouldn't go about it at all, because it wouldn't work.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
My question is pretty simple I suppose and I am just wondering why all of the people who are fed up with how the world is starting to be...

Why not start a new civilization someplace in Africa maybe? Where they have plenty of sun and resources where you could build a green paradise if things were properly done.

At least think it through if your being serious

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I do not think it will help any of the current civilizations that is not really the point...while they fall we would prosper..

Imagine what type of place you could have if you science was not stifled by military and government...

Have all of the top minds of the world living together and collaborating, everyone working together for everyones benefit...

With technology we have the ability to grow food and feed everyone on the planet without the need to plan crops... why is this not being done?

You would have a society of people who would not have to worry about buying food and paying for housing only furthering education, knowledge, curing diseases, ect

There should be no religion in this place just the golden rule Treat everyone how you want too be treated

We could have a colony for a new world

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Maybe you could not comment if you do not want to add anything of value...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

It still wouldn't work, in my opinion. Human beings would still be driven by the same animal instincts which have always driven us. Utopia is a pipedream.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

People have tried this.
The only problem is "they" accuse you of being a religious zealot while genociding your enemy or they call you a child molester and gun runner then send the ATF after you or they claim you have WMD's and send the US army after you.
The existing establishement has much to lose if you lead it's slave population to freedom.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Your best start is to look at already existing communities, emphasis on community, not civilizations. Too many people are living in too little space already we need to form smaller communities spread accross the land with like minded individuals in each. Pooling resources with family and friends and purchasing land is the start. Like the above poster said there is no new civilization that will erase the innate problems humans have with thins like greed, hate, indifference, fear, and desire. I think the central goal of any civilization is what will animate the actions of the people, in a capitalist society we idolize pigs so we end up part of the herd. If we redefine success, we will redefine a society. What that central goal should be I cant tell anyone else, for me its the goal of recognizing myself in others, capitalism cant thrive on such an ideal.

One community I am aware of that has been successful is the Ananda Community.

From his youth, Ananda’s founder, Swami Kriyananda (J. Donald Walters) had dreamed of creating small communities based on cooperation and high ideals. When he became Yogananda’s disciple in 1948, he discovered that Yogananda, too, was committed to the concept of “World Brotherhood Colonies.” Kriyananda vowed to do his utmost to make this dream a reality. In 1968 Kriyananda began the fulfillment of Yogananda’s vision with the establishment of Ananda Village, located near Nevada City, California. Yogananda taught that what the world needs is a blend of the best qualities of the East and West: the spiritual insight of the East and the practical efficiency of the West. One without the other leads to a society barren of human fulfillment, but a balance of the two can bring peace, harmony, prosperity, and happiness. Yogananda often predicted that world brotherhood colonies, based on the twin principles of “plain living and high thinking,” would be the social pattern for the future. The Ananda community is situated on 900 acres of meadows and forests amidst the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in northern California. Today, 250 people reside here, including adults and children of all ages.

Ananda

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

"all of the top minds of the world" are busy getting paid quite well to fill our heads with disinformation.
What would make a rich man want to leave his comfy place?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

this type of situation is what I am talking about, thank you for posting that info

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

"all of the top minds of the world" are busy getting paid quite well to fill our heads with disinformation.
What would make a rich man want to leave his comfy place?

Not everyone is greedy...there are many people who would gladly liveout their lives and work for free if everything they need was provided for them to live a healthy life and do their research..

The fact that they are helping people and changing lives is reward enough for them...

That is why plenty of doctors who can make lots of money in US choose to work overseas for free helping people...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

That is of value. You obviously didn't think it through how a civilization is even formed.

"...someplace in Africa"

You don't just go around saying I want this to be my new country. Theres no land available for anyone to use to create any new civilization. You cant just take a bunch of people and get some free land for no reason just because you're going to start a civilization. There are millions of factors that are working as I type this that is keeping America the country it is. Creating a civilization isn't snapping fingers magic it'll take years at current standards

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It's quite simple - everyone takes an amnesia pill on the same night - the next morning, you have world peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
Your best start is to look at already existing communities, emphasis on community, not civilizations. Too many people are living in too little space already we need to form smaller communities spread accross the land with like minded individuals in each. Pooling resources with family and friends and purchasing land is the start. Like the above poster said there is no new civilization that will erase the innate problems humans have with thins like greed, hate, indifference, fear, and desire. I think the central goal of any civilization is what will animate the actions of the people, in a capitalist society we idolize pigs so we end up part of the herd. If we redefine success, we will redefine a society. What that central goal should be I cant tell anyone else, for me its the goal of recognizing myself in others, capitalism cant thrive on such an ideal.

One community I am aware of that has been successful is the Ananda Community.

From his youth, Ananda’s founder, Swami Kriyananda (J. Donald Walters) had dreamed of creating small communities based on cooperation and high ideals. When he became Yogananda’s disciple in 1948, he discovered that Yogananda, too, was committed to the concept of “World Brotherhood Colonies.” Kriyananda vowed to do his utmost to make this dream a reality. In 1968 Kriyananda began the fulfillment of Yogananda’s vision with the establishment of Ananda Village, located near Nevada City, California. Yogananda taught that what the world needs is a blend of the best qualities of the East and West: the spiritual insight of the East and the practical efficiency of the West. One without the other leads to a society barren of human fulfillment, but a balance of the two can bring peace, harmony, prosperity, and happiness. Yogananda often predicted that world brotherhood colonies, based on the twin principles of “plain living and high thinking,” would be the social pattern for the future. The Ananda community is situated on 900 acres of meadows and forests amidst the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in northern California. Today, 250 people reside here, including adults and children of all ages.

Ananda

LIke I said above this is the type of thing I am talking about.. the problem with this place is its in the USA..

Also one of the things that I think would be a requirement of where you would decide to do this would be a place that is not likely to be wiped out for any reason hopefully.... I say africa because from what I understand africa is where we all came from at one point and it has been around forever and should stay around for the most part unlike california which could possibly be covered in water or earthquaked into the sea ect depending on which studies you read but cali would not be the best place for something like this.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

That is of value. You obviously didn't think it through how a civilization is even formed.

"...someplace in Africa"

You don't just go around saying I want this to be my new country. Theres no land available for anyone to use to create any new civilization. You cant just take a bunch of people and get some free land for no reason just because you're going to start a civilization. There are millions of factors that are working as I type this that is keeping America the country it is. Creating a civilization isn't snapping fingers magic it'll take years at current standards

I know this.. that is why you would work with the government of the place that you choose... I said africa because soem parts of it are very big and are owned by very small governments that I am sure would jump at the chance to be the start of a new world.

Who said it had to be overnight..

People have said many times in history that you "cant" do something.. yet people seem to find a way.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You're talking basic colonialism. I'm sure you will meet a lot of Africans (or South Americans, etc.) who would not care to have you squatting in their neighborhood, regardless of intention.

Of course, there is Antarctica... just pack a warm coat and some gas for your Coleman stove.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

"...someplace in Africa"

I know this.. that is why you would work with the government of the place that you choose... I said africa because soem parts of it are very big and are owned by very small governments that I am sure would jump at the chance to be the start of a new world.

Who said it had to be overnight..

People have said many times in history that you "cant" do something.. yet people seem to find a way.

I never said you couldn't do it, but you portray it as something that can be done on the fly. A civilization isn't somthing like America or France. A civilization isn't a community. That's what you're thinking of.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You are correct, not everyone is greedy.
But they are still smart enough to know you cannot buck the system alone.
Full countries are destroyed by the machine, yet alone a small upstart group.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Just buy this:

You're welcome.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You could Jim Jones it down in Guayana but without the Kool-Aid. Problem is, if you are successful and get a good thing going the CIA is bound to visit you soon - no matter where in the world you go. They'll bring their own Kool-Aid to pass around, then make it look and sound like it was your idea.

I just settled for leaving the US. You really don't have to go far, and most places aren't so anal about everything. I don't really have the time, energy, or resources to start my own civilization/community but I can carve out a little rancho or compound to live fairly well and unmolested for my final decades. Over six years and counting now and I haven't the slightest desire to return or even visit the US.

It can be done at least on a micro scale. There is a "green" community of gringos not far from here that I've never visited but her they are doing just fine, and I have no reason to doubt that based on my own experience.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join