It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN has attacked no one in 100 yrs? How many countries has USA?? =L

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

"If America GTFO out of all these countries we would thrive" Do you even have an ounce of knowledge? Do you know what our soldiers do to the economies around our bases? Do you know how much money America would have if we weren't fighting everyone, or giving out 58 BILLION in 2010... Do you know how much money we would save by utilizing our (already being paid) soldiers to rebuild out infrastructure?

You want me to answer a rhetorical question? Your seriously pushing me to answer a rhetorical question? I really should have expected similar after reading the things you write...

Here is your answer: I wouldn't like it any more than you would..

"Just when I thought I had reached the bottom of the barrel"

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
and btw what do you call the taking of the US embassy? Holding US personel hostage for months? That isnt an act of war?
edit on 9-11-2011 by Rockstrongo37 because: (no reason given)

Isn't making a fake assassination plot and blaming it on others an act of war?
Isn't Drone attacking 100s of civilians an act of war?
Isn't threatening to send countries "back to the stone age" an act of war?

edit on 10/11/2011 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canslli
You guys are slashing the OP, but i understood what he wants.

Do you really? Let's take a look. The title said "Attack" so then you reference "Conflicts" without full disclosure of who were involved nor why?

Important conflicts that Iran was involved with since World War 2:

1980 - 1988: Iran/Iraq War

Did you purposely leave out all their convert activities or were you simply unaware of them?

Important conflicts that USA was involved with since World War 2:

1950 - 1953: Koren War
1959 - 1975: Vietnam War
1990 - 1991: Persian Gulf War
2001 - Present: War in Afghanistan
2003 - 2010: War in Iraq

The Korean War was a direct result of the Soviet/Red Chinese supported Communist North attacking South Korea. Not the US and multiple allies attacking them as the title and premise of this thread asks.

Vietnam was an ongoing conflict in the formerly known as "French Indo-China" region. The US got involved in the defense of South Vietnam. Note there was never any invasion of North Vietnam by the [US or the other International involved troops] contributing to that effort. So again does not apply itself to the threads premise nor main question..

Persian Gulf War I.
Do I seriously need to remind people how Saddam invaded Kuwait and how the "International Coalition" ejected his forces from Kuwait. Oh yeah the US Attacked Iraq. Gotcha.

So, yeah, the OP has a point here.

Regarding..

2001 - Present: War in Afghanistan
2003 - 2010: War in Iraq

By some peoples perspective guilty as charged. However, some believe Afghanistan is justifiable. [Technically speaking the US/NATO forces helped the Afghan Northern Alliance in their decade long civil war with the Taliban and kicked them to the street]

So by the threads premise and main question

US 2

Iran 1

None of that is counting all the covert activities perpetrated by both sides.
edit on 10-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well in that case its USA 2, Iran 0 as Iraq attacked Iran first...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Thats how they do it. Chant it, Scream it, March in the streets yelling it and then burn a flag or two then everyone else starts to do the same thing. Then all the sudden so one gets hit from a bullet returning to the earth after being fired straight up and it must be the "American Infidels" that did it. Time for Jihad. Chant that for awhile and you have brainwashed 15y/o suicide bombers blowing themselves up thinking its a quick way to GOD.

Boy will they be surprised!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
Isn't making a fake assassination plot and blaming it on others an act of war?

To which do you refer? Just asking for clarification.

Isn't Drone attacking 100s of civilians an act of war?

Yes. And we are at war. In not one but two countries. Well not really anymore in Iraq.

Isn't threatening to send countries "back to the stone age" an act of war?

I must have missed where a US politician has stated that. Have any links or direct quotes? Unless you're referring to some big mouth regurgitating rhetoric online..

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I said "was involved with", not begin the attack or acted by it's own. Being involved implies that the named country attacked, one way or another.

And i also said "important". And those were the conflicts that those countries were key players.

I didn't count the covert activities, i just cited them.

I'm not saying that Iran is a saint. I'm saying that the USA was involved in much more armed conflicts since WW2 than Iran, and that's something that people just can't deny it.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Maybe they have'nt attacked anyone in a hundred years because they've been busy getting there a**es kicked by everyone else.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Canslli

Who's denying here? I'm not. But as I pointed out earlier in this thread Context is everything.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I was referring to the Saudi Ambassador assassination attempt. Pretty sure even you know it was planned...

The drone attacks were not a reference to Iraq or Afghanistan, but to Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan...

And sure, here www.countercurrents.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Write this down for future reference.

There are ZERO "life points" for finding a conspiracy in everything!!!!

Do you have anything more than a wild imagination to prove the saudi assasination plot was an "Act of War" by the US? Proof, or keep your opinion to yourself on that one.

Lets look at your 2 vs 0 statement...

Did the OP say "first shot"?? No he didn't...

So we are back to the logical and intelligent answer that Slayer gave 2 - 1 Period!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlertInMi
reply to post by GLaDOS

Lets look at your 2 vs 0 statement...

Did the OP say "first shot"?? No he didn't...

So we are back to the logical and intelligent answer that Slayer gave 2 - 1 Period!

if the OP didn't say first shot, that means the US is back at 25.
So 25-1...yeah

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Didn't you know that the only evil and aggression in the world comes out of America and Americans?

It's just the way it is man. The world was a peaceful place until we showed up.

Invading other countries doesn't make the world a more peaceful place.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Canslli

Nobody is trying to deny it... The facts are the facts. We "had" several friends/ally's over the years that needed our help. Of course we have a couple of conflicts that in hindsight turned out to be born out of nefarious circumstances.
For the most part the leaders and the people of the US have wanted to make the world a better place. A few bad apples have ruined that image of the US...... One day, your country might need the US, to detour another country from annihilating your country, or help feed your people.

Bring our troops and money home NOW!!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Op says ZERO.... Common sense is a trait that I wish was present in everyone... Unfortunatly, it is not!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
Wow Iran hasn't attacked no one in 100 years? What do you call the Iran Iraq war? Iran and Iraq used chemical weapons on one another, so please...and btw what do you call the taking of the US embassy? Holding US personel hostage for months? That isnt an act of war? Please get all the facts straight here. Iran is a scurge on this planet with very little sympathy from most of the world.
edit on 9-11-2011 by Rockstrongo37 because: (no reason given)

I guess warmongering idiots like you can't tell the difference between a "terrorist" attack and a "military" attack.
I would go on and on. But due to my instant realization of how much of an uneducated tool box you are after reading your response, It's not worth the while.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

How does that even count? That's not the country or state of Iran doing anything. By your logic I could take a rifle and go to the border and shoot some Swedes and then "Finland attacks Sweden".

We need a bigger DUH smiley.
edit on 10/11/2011 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
reply to post by projectvxn

Thats how they do it. Chant it, Scream it, March in the streets yelling it and then burn a flag or two then everyone else starts to do the same thing. Then all the sudden so one gets hit from a bullet returning to the earth after being fired straight up and it must be the "American Infidels" that did it. Time for Jihad. Chant that for awhile and you have brainwashed 15y/o suicide bombers blowing themselves up thinking its a quick way to GOD.

Boy will they be surprised!

Almost a spot on account of a typical Friday after prayers in many middle eastern countries. I would get a sick feeling nearly every time I heard the muezzin because after prayers something would happen to my fellow soldiers. Certainly anyone who has done a tour in a muslim country knows of what I speak.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dystopiaphiliac
Invading other countries doesn't make the world a more peaceful place.

Well I'm glad we got that squared away.

Georgia, Tibet?

Maybe the Allies didn't need to invade France on D-Day?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by ignant

I guess doing battle with US forces in Iraq using proxy armies and directly fueling an insurgency isn't an attack?

Or the constant incursions by Iran in to the Kurdish northern region of Iraq?

www.bbc.co.uk...

100 years huh?

edit on 9-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Last night you tried to call Iran defending its borders against the Kurds attacking another country. And now this?

It's something new with you everyday now.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join