It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crytal Skull Ceremony

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

Can we say "Cultural misappropriation" ? There I knew you could.

Seriously, I cracked up seeing this. It appeared to be a total mishmash of cultures (and since when are Australian aborigionies members of the first nations?).

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
did anything of actual significance happen at this meeting that made you be like WOW or no

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The instruments are didgeridoos. I have one myself.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing them here first.

I would have so gone to see them if I had the chance.

On the video, don't know if you tried this but you only enter the info after .... watch?v=
in the ATS youtube entry.

ex.....www.youtube.com...

you only enter.....7ua5HOOQ8_8&feature=feedf

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
What I heard from another source who visited Serpent Mound was that it was not just Mayans, but also monks, and other native american tribes participating.

There were also many people who brought their own skulls hoping to get blessed by the Mayan Elder (name slipping my mind at the time). But, there were supposed to be a few real skulls kept by "keepers."

They are supposed to end this trip across the states 11-11-11 in california. Its interesting.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinden

Can we say "Cultural misappropriation" ? There I knew you could.

Seriously, I cracked up seeing this. It appeared to be a total mishmash of cultures (and since when are Australian aborigionies members of the first nations?).

Or: if the stories we resonate with shape our culture (or tap our wallets), incorporating as many religious associations as possible is a good way to appeal to a culturally diverse population.

Also, cross-cultural mystical motifs reinforce unification.

Sweet, sweet pictures, CW. Many thanks.
edit on 9-11-2011 by mistermonculous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is all bunk .. given that at least one of the skulls were destroyed when dropped years back and most, if not all of the others have been accepted as modern forgeries.. modern as in not pre-columbian artifacts.. not only that but there's no actual documented history of the skulls existing or being used in ceremonies during the time period they are attributed to .. not only that but these skulls don't have a single owner, and there's absolutely no way museums and private owners are going to release them to have them taken around the country for these types of things.. they risk losing an investment..

This is all just to profit on the false mystique surrounding these fancy skulls .. nothing more.. there os no chance these skulls are the real deal unless all the skulls we know about are fakes and they've been hiding the real deal this whole time.. unlikely

I'd heard in another thread that this all leads up to some televised event.. so I really believe this is all just for financial gain .. there's also supposed to be some film in the works ( again from past threads ) ..
edit on 11/9/2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Why would they bring these to the Serpent Mound in Ohio?

Last I checked the Serpent Mound in Ohio had nothing to do with Mayans or Crystal Skulls (not that new-age crystal skulls have anything to do with Mayans either for that matter).

Ah well I'm sure it was an interesting ceremony, no harm in a little new-ageism. Even if crystal skulls are bunk I suppose if more people were like this the world wouldn't be such a mess.

Why? because it helps hype the event .. this is all bogus .. they can't even possibly be the real skulls.. the story of the skulls doesn't hold water in the first place.. the "real" skulls are hoaxes with modern machining marks found on them .. at least one was destroyed.. the others are in the hands of private owners or locked up in museums .. there's no way this ceremony is legit ..
and yet people ( some ) are buying into it .. why are people so gullible? that is the true mystery of the skulls in my opinion .. they need a tv special on THAT ... Histories Mysteries: Why do people believe this junk? special at 11

edit on 11/9/2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Thank you for bringing that to us, cloudwatcher.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
So I am confused.
It seems like there are reports that only 7 skulls have been found, yet others report all 13 (I think).
and who is to know how many there are anyway?
Can anyone shed any light on this?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I sat behind these guys and the vibrations coming from these were interesting to say the least. Anyone know what these instruments are called?

They're called didgeridoos.

edit on 9-11-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The long pole instruments are didgeridoos used by Aboriginals for ceremony and music.
Many items can carry spiritual significance and spirituality is not limited to one race. A lot of ignorant comments observed made by bigots in this thread.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
are these people for serious?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I've heard lot about the crystal skull folks and at first I snickered but I really do want to see one and check out the whole mythology up close.

The thing many of our friendly skeptics all-knowing police of truth are enjoying chiming in here fail to realize is that objective truth is provably subjective.

Sure we can discuss the historical merits and discover there are no real attributable historical documents showing the Skulls, at least not good ones. But then I have to ask does the absence of mention automatically prove that they were not ancient or historic?

Truth is you don't KNOW I don't KNOW so why can't we let these people and those of us who love a good myth enjoy this without listening to the obvious?

I like the new age movement, it is fun and mostly harmless and helps people who want a buffet spirituality where no single existing spirituality fits their needs.

Thank you Cloudwatcher for sharing! Very awesome!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Interesting but since all or most of the skulls are made in modern times and presented as being real, I hope he did not pay much to the hoaxer?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I love these get togethes, high energy and very uplifting.
if you liked the sound of the didgeridoo you will love this band EM Dee from Darwin NT

and even if the skulls didnt seem to do anything, i'm sure the people came away feeling awesome for the experiance and high vibe.

EM Dee in concert

love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 10/11/11 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Interesting.
Nice post.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Thanx for the pictures Cloudwatcher!

I had read somewhere about these upcoming ceremonies and I thought it might be total bull but, hey "PICS AND IT DID HAPPEN!"

Not that the ceremonies themselves might be bull...Always good to have an open mind (without the wind blowing straight through)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

those instruments are called didgerido's ancient abboriginal but sounds amazing

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join