It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 Years Missing - Aren't You Concerned About This?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
If I were to live my life for a man who tells me that I should follow in his foot steps, wouldn't it be pertinent that I know the whereabouts and experiences of this man's life for the 18 years that were omitted in the Bible? I would think that if I were told that my life should revolve around this man's journey of how he became so spiritually inclined that this information of how he became the one who, according to the Bible, died for our sins would be of utmost importance to us. Just to add, did Jesus ever really want us to start an organized oligarchical religion? Please your thoughts, and let's be rational about this.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Maybe this time was spent studying the scriptures and preparing for his ministry. As for the religion question- the bible says true religion is caring for widows and orphans.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Puppet27Master

I believe this is possibly what happened within those 17 years...

The Best of the Sons of Men
Ancient scrolls reveal that Jesus spent seventeen years in India and Tibet
From age thirteen to age twenty-nine, he was both a student and teacher of Buddhist and Hindu holy men
The story of his journey from Jerusalem to Benares was recorded by Brahman historians
Today they still know him and love him as St. Issa. Their 'buddha'
In 1894 Nicolas Notovitch published a book called The Unknown Life of Christ. He was a Russian doctor who journeyed extensively throughout Afghanistan, India, and Tibet. Notovitch journeyed through the lovely passes of Bolan, over the Punjab, down into the arid rocky land of Ladak, and into the majestic Vale of Kashmir of the Himalayas. During one of his jouneys he was visiting Leh, the capital of Ladak, near where the buddhist convent Himis is. He had an accident that resulted in his leg being broken. This gave him the unscheduled opportunity to stay awhile at the Himis convent.

Notovitch learned, while he was there, that there existed ancient records of the life of Jesus Christ. In the course of his visit at the great convent, he located a Tibetan translation of the legend and carefully noted in his carnet de voyage over two hundred verses from the curious document known as "The Life of St. Issa.

Issa

enjoy!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
i am all for the poster above me, i belvie that where he got his healing hands from Reiki (im sorry for my poor spelling) and i heard that once he traveled around asia he learnt buhdist philosphy and techniques such as healing. and in some extream stories i heard he was burried in japan. TBH to me that was the only faith around at that time that had healing hands so it kinda makes sense to me.

edit on 7-11-2011 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I've been doing a little reading up on these events and I find it interesting that there are ancient texts from that time in India describing these events. From what I understand is that Jesus, or Issa, studied the Veda Texts and learned the ways of the Tibetans before he journeyed back to the west to begin teaching what he had learned. Although, most religious Bible Thumpers will simply discard the fact that these years of his life just don't matter and all that should count is the last 4 years of his life. I find this astounding when we, or they, as Christians (I don't necessarily describe myself as a Christian but was raised as one) down right don't care and stick to blind faith. Isn't the point of becoming spiritually inclined learning more and more as you become wiser and applying those lessons later on in life no matter what path you follow? For me, this is complete ignorance.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puppet27Master
reply to post by Akragon

I've been doing a little reading up on these events and I find it interesting that there are ancient texts from that time in India describing these events. From what I understand is that Jesus, or Issa, studied the Veda Texts and learned the ways of the Tibetans before he journeyed back to the west to begin teaching what he had learned. Although, most religious Bible Thumpers will simply discard the fact that these years of his life just don't matter and all that should count is the last 4 years of his life. I find this astounding when we, or they, as Christians (I don't necessarily describe myself as a Christian but was raised as one) down right don't care and stick to blind faith. Isn't the point of becoming spiritually inclined learning more and more as you become wiser and applying those lessons later on in life no matter what path you follow? For me, this is complete ignorance.

Very true my friend...

If you read that book, you'll find Issa was impossible to argue with, just like Jesus... he just had answers no one else did... even teaching some of the wisest Buddha...

Its quite the good read if you like that sort of thing

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

If I were to live my life for a man who tells me that I should follow in his foot steps, wouldn't it be pertinent that I know the whereabouts and experiences of this man's life for the 18 years that were omitted in the Bible?

It would be intersting to know about those 18 years, there are hundreds of things we'd like to know about Him. But you know He lived in a village, grew up in the normal way, practiced carpentry, studied the scriptures. I don't think that knowing about those 18 years would have changed how we were to respond to Him.

I would think that if I were told that my life should revolve around this man's journey of how he became so spiritually inclined that this information of how he became the one who, according to the Bible, died for our sins would be of utmost importance to us.
Definitely not. I mean He's the Son of God, I think we know how he became "spiritually inclined." He was on a mission from God, after all.

Just to add, did Jesus ever really want us to start an organized oligarchical religion?
Well, what do we do with this?

"And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." (Matthew 16)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes, definitely. I'll have a look at it as I love expanding my mind and am not afraid of the status quo.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Didn't peter deny Jesus?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Silly man. So a man who is suppose to lead the way yet 18 years of his life are unaccounted for, at least in the Bible, and this is of no concern to you? Very limited views you live by. Christianity, or any other religion for that matter, is but a stepping stone. Think outside the box for which the church has put you. It's quite simple, just think of it like a story you were reading as a young child as if you were being re-conditioned all over again and may you see the light. Reach out from underneath that Thumb they have you under and finally begin your journey to self-enlightenment.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The story of Tibet is disputable

answering-islam.net...

In The Elements of Buddhism John Snelling himself a committed Buddhist, notes:

We can trace two principal transmissions of Buddhism to Tibet: an initial one begun during the seventh century CE and a second one starting around the year 1000. (pp. 33-34)

So the evidence shows that Jesus could hardly have been a student of Buddhism in Tibet in the first century AD. What much also be noted is that what St Isaa teaches bears almost no resemblance to Buddhist teachings.

In 1895 J.A. Douglas, a professor at Government College in Agra, India retraced Notovitch's steps to Tibet. He interviewed the Head Abbot at the Monastery where Notovitch claimed the scrolls were.

Douglas obtained an affidavit from the Abbot denouncing Notovitch's story as a lie. Douglas established there were no scrolls about St Issa or Jesus. He published his findings in the popular monthly journal The Nineteenth Century (The Chief Lama of Himis on the Alleged Unknown Life of Christ April 1896).

and then there's Moses, wandering around herding sheep for 40 years

edit on 7-11-2011 by Highlander64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Highlander64

Sounds like someone was paid off to denounce such allegations as it would have thrown off the power and control the church would have over it's peasants.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity
and in some extream stories i heard he was burried in japan.

like this

A Japanese legend claims that Jesus escaped Jerusalem and made his way to Aomori in Japan where he became a rice farmer. Christians say the story is nonsense. However, a monument there known as the Grave of Christ attracts curious visitors from all over the world.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

The love and respect taught by the Buddha that Jesus demonstrated certianly didn't show in pauls work... which many christians rely on to back up their doctrine...

edit on 7-11-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Does it matter? All of the above....does it matter?...Either you have met HIM or you haven't. Wherever his knowledge came from, if you have met him IN THIS life, you know he lives. If you haven't, he never lived to you. To those he does,all the other things you guys discuss on here is ALL part of Gods plan, we just don't go bragging and sticking our necks out to get our heads cut off. EVEN YU55 is in that "book of stories"...lol..the "JOKES' on you guys.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

but lets remember scrolls sometimes where moved about and when comunism hit russia and outwards alot and i mean alot of monisteries and scrolls where destroyed unfortunatly.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Can't wait for the E! True Hollywood Story on Jesus.
Just the parts with Mary Magdalene should be worth it!
Bet those apostle parties could vie with some of Zeppellin's wilder nights.
I mean, they hung out with a dude that could change water into wine. Then, when you get those midnight munchies all you need is a couple fish and loaves and, abracadabra!, a feast!
Shoot, the guy even has wine for blood for chrissakes! (Oops, sorry)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by burningbelief

Does it matter? All of the above....does it matter?...Either you have met HIM or you haven't. Wherever his knowledge came from, if you have met him IN THIS life, you know he lives. If you haven't, he never lived to you. To those he does,all the other things you guys discuss on here is ALL part of Gods plan, we just don't go bragging and sticking our necks out to get our heads cut off. EVEN YU55 is in that "book of stories"...lol..the "JOKES' on you guys.

no it dont you are right, nothign in the past does matter never has it jsut our minds make it matter, but its our minds that boggle the fact that 18 year is a long time to have dissapered, and also the fact that millions follow him. Some people are happy to accept the fact that nothing happend where other are more intruitive and are curiuos to find out what happened to this man that millions if billions follow.

(sorry for crap spelling)
edit on 7-11-2011 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon, what a joy to see you again. Hey guys, Akragon's a good one, not perfect, but worth listening to.

You're right, Peter did deny Him, and three times at that. Peter was scared that he would be killed if he admitted being with Jesus, so, basically, he ran.

Then Peter remembered the word that Jesus had spoken:"Before the cock crows you will deny me three times." He went out and began to weep bitterly. (Matthew 26)
I can easily identify with Peter's cowardice,but I get some hope from John 21

When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?" he said to him "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." He said to him, "Feed my lambs."
(This was repeated twice more, but my typing is difficult.)

Peter's confession of love three times over, is compare to his three time denial. And the "Feed my lambs." is often taken to mean, take care of the believers.

I'm not trying to get Bible thumpy on you, but it seemed the best way to respond.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by radosta
Can't wait for the E! True Hollywood Story on Jesus.
Just the parts with Mary Magdalene should be worth it!
Bet those apostle parties could vie with some of Zeppellin's wilder nights.
I mean, they hung out with a dude that could change water into wine. Then, when you get those midnight munchies all you need is a couple fish and loaves and, abracadabra!, a feast!
Shoot, the guy even has wine for blood for chrissakes! (Oops, sorry)

TBH they could make it work, they can make anyones life look like gold, even a dog with rabies. really goes to show its not what you say it is how you say it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join