It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another quake, Tulsa OK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

We'll keep our earthquakes, thank you very much.

Deal. You keep your retarded earthquakes, we will keep our photogenic tornadoes. I would upload a pic of one i took years ago, but it was with a disposable camera. Lets see your "Earthquake in progress" images.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks to our amazing meteorologists and the top of the line equipment they have we get the best advanced warnings in the world when it comes to these storms and tornadoes.

Earthquakes are totally unpredictable and come out of nowhere, there is no way to take cover, or get outside or anything...for me that makes it much scarier!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by NISMOALTI

We dont even blink at tornadoes in Oklahoma.

You guys is crazy. Out here on the west coast we don't hardly blink at any earthquake below a 5 or 6, but would quake in our boots if we had to endure even one tornado.

Agree with this as a Californian, tornadoes have always been one of the most terrifying natural disasters in my eyes that I'd prefer to avoid. I have nightmares about them happening out here, scariest thing ever.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Felt it here in Shawnee, OK....then again, I'm only 17 miles from the epicenter! Thought it was thunder at first, since we have thunderstorms nearby, but it kept rumbling for several seconds... Then we had a loud "boom." The whole house was moving, my wife was freaking out, and I was in awe. Probably lasted about 20-30 seconds. Pretty freaky stuff...especially when it's out of the ordinary for a place like this (relatively speaking).

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

Agree with this as a Californian, tornadoes have always been one of the most terrifying natural disasters in my eyes that I'd prefer to avoid. I have nightmares about them happening out here, scariest thing ever.

Sissies, tornadoes are fun.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap
Our weather here is so crazy that we could have the tornadoes tonight, wake up to clear sunny skies in the morning with temps in the 70s, and have an ice storm at midnight tomorrow night.

Everyone in Tulsa and east, stay safe, those storms are moving in over the next hour or so. Hopefully the ground stays quiet for the rest of the evening, I would hate to have to evacuate buildings with this weather moving in.

Careful when you evacuate... Wait till shaking subsides or you may get dented by debris falling from buildings when you run out side. Biggest you have had yet is (only) 5.6 so no need to run out and get wet too.
Walk out after it stops and hang for a few minutes to make sure that the jolt does not set off a larger one. Careful of downed power lines, broken glass, and smell of gas. Then smile, you have just survived an earthquake

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
6.9 near Japan, things are geting interesting.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jondave

No, after 4 earth quakes in the last few days its actually getting pretty boring. I wish a tsunami would hit or something. Thats impossible though.
edit on 7-11-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by TMG333

Sissies, tornadoes are fun.

I've been in both. A 6.8 in Feb 2001 here in Washington, and several different tornado warnings (one especially harrowing experience of THREE funnel clouds seen coming down on top of the building I was working in at the time...every single one of us inside thought we were goners...miracuously they didn't actually touch down), & even Hurricanes (including Hurricane Hugo in GA - even though it moved up & hit the Carolinas we weren't completely spared).

My only point being...all of them scared the living sh#$ out of me. Mother nature is nothing to sneeze at. (But I understand the joking around or being numb to it...I'm not getting onto anyone...just saying I don't prefer any over the others.)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

Deal. You keep your retarded earthquakes, we will keep our photogenic tornadoes. I would upload a pic of one i took years ago, but it was with a disposable camera. Lets see your "Earthquake in progress" images.

You were asking for quake images. Everyone remembers this. I lived it.
(retarded)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yah? Can an earthquake toss a cow several kilometers? I think not.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

Earthquakes are totally unpredictable and come out of nowhere, there is no way to take cover, or get outside or anything...for me that makes it much scarier!

Agreed, for a moment. Then its over. My idea of scary is being rousted out of bed at night with hi winds buffeting the house and taking shelter whilst sirens blare and that "freight train " noise approaches. Brrr... shudder.
how do you guys handle it every year?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Tornado and earthquakes in Ok.
6.9 in Japan
5.6 Afghanistan
6.0 In Nicaruaga

I believe things are beginning to shake up a little bit (no pun intended)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

how do you guys handle it every year?

We gawk at it. Most people here have seen a tornado before. We longer have it in us to feel fear. Only excitement.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

We keep a very close eye on the TV, or a close ear to the radio. We all know where the safe place to go is, and thanks to the amazing radar systems and weather coverage they can pinpoint it to within a mile or two of where the worst is going to happen. In the spring the sirens go off multiple times a week sometimes, so you just watch wait and be ready to take action.

The storms are rolling in right now, and I have the windows and curtains open and the lights off so I can enjoy the smells and sounds of all that booming, ozone and rain in the air! But that doesn't mean I don't have a rubbermaid full of essentials, and a closet ready for taking cover at any moment!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I used to have a ranch not to far from Shawnee, OK a place called Harrah. I just got off the phone with my friend in OKC and he said when the last quake that happened this evening he said it sounded like a giant lightning strike and rumble. Yes I realize they have had tornado warnings in the area but he said this was not a lightning strike but a huge Earthquake noise. ^Y^

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Earthquakes feel awesome, as long as it's not big enough to make the house fall down. Most houses built since the 70's are designed not to fall down in a moderate sized quake though. The whole element of surprise is easier to handle than the idea of seeing a big tornado coming at you destroying everything in its path, to me at least. So. Cal's been pretty quiet for years though, nothing real notable since Northridge in 1994, my first quake. I've only felt maybe 3 minor shakers since then. Tornado sirens scare the crap out of me. I know my house would be okay in an earthquake, not so much in a tornado though. My next door neighbor's house would probably be screwed though, their foundation is cracked straight down the middle.. I walked around on it when it was being built. They got a nice discount on it though.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

reply to post by jondave

No, after 4 earth quakes in the last few days its actually getting pretty boring. I wish a tsunami would hit or something. Thats impossible though.
edit on 7-11-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

Whats the go with the flippant attitude? You made your point that you're not scared of tornadoes, (more than once - we get it, ok?) and now you're making light of what the Japanese went through with your tsunami comment? Is there anything you take seriously?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just curious...anyone know if this is a transform fault of a divergent in that area?

I'm not familiar with the area and it's geological make-up!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

reply to post by jondave

Awww... for my money this was nuts. Japanese Guard guys go, "oooooohohhhh... wooooooooo... wop!"
These things had death written all over them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join