It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Jackson Doctor found guilty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Michael Jackson Doctor found guilty

www.bbc.co.uk

Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr Conrad Murray, has been found guilty of the involuntary manslaughter of the star by a jury in Los Angeles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
A panel of seven men and five women took two days of deliberation to reach a verdict.

Michael Jackson died on 25 June 2009 from an overdose of the powerful anaesthetic propofol.

Murray, 58, could now receive a maximum prison term of four years and lose his licence to practise medicine.

Dr Murray's lawyers argued that Jackson self-administered a lethal dose of the drug while he was out of the room.

Dr Murray sat silently, shifting in his seat as the verdict was read out.

The jury - made up of one African American, six whites and five Hispanics - deliberated on Friday and through the morning on Monday.

Outside the court, fans of Michael Jackson were cheering and chanting, "Guilty! Guilty!" in the run-up to the verdict being announced.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

I'm going to have to turn on my T.V. for this. I lived a street away from him when he died.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Of course he was.

There is always a scapegoat when TPTB bump someone off.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The main reason why I think he was guilty, was that he failed as a Doctor to do his job and put the Patient's health first. If MJ was mentally ill (as he quite possibly was) Murray kind of "Dr Kevorkian'd" him... Rather than help him as a Dr. and to get him healthy, he gave in to MJ and gave him what he asked for. Just used poor judgement.

Or maybe Murray suffers from the parent syndrome, where you give your child whatever they want because you either a) don't know any better or b) want them to love you so much you give them anything they want

I think regardless if you like MJ or not, you have to feel the justice system actully worked correctly on this one based on the evidence presented.
edit on 7-11-2011 by nopeitwasntme because: more intelligible response than my previous one....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Well, Conrad Murray is now dead in the water financially......the Jacksons will sue him for 10's of millions of $$$.

Fact is, not one of the Jacksons lifted a finger to put Michael Jackson in to re-hab knowingly their son and brother was a junky for years....long before Dr Conrad Murray showed up on the scene.

Michael Jackson an amazing father? Yep, their father was a junky who was an irresponsible parent in the first place!

If it was'nt for Dr Conrad Murray, Michael Jackson would had found another doctor who would be sitting in the same shoes as Conrad today. Yes, Conrad was negligent.....but so was everyone else who was close to Michael Jackson (excluding his children).

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Damn! This guy is going down in history as the man that killed, elbeit involuntarily, Michael Jackson? God help him. He could only have descended one step lower on the "Attack The Defenceless Person" scale by stabbing Stevie Wonder.

edit on 7/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Forgot a word

ETA I wasn't trying to be crass, just to be clear. I think MJ was a much loved person despite his uh weird ways. I do not think Dr Murray will enjoy the same tolerance and goodwill. I had never heard of the drug mentioned either. I wiki'd it and it said heavy anaesthetic and or veterinary drug. Hmm, where have I heard this before. Ketamine or rohypnol? Why are people taking veterinary drugs? Its not like there aren't enough of our own...wait these are legal when prescribed by your own personal doctor. Sorry.
edit on 7/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 7/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo too, its just not my night...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

If it was'nt for Dr Conrad Murray, Michael Jackson would had found another doctor who would be sitting in the same shoes as Conrad today. Yes, Conrad was negligent.....but so was everyone else who was close to Michael Jackson (excluding his children).

So very true.... and his family is in denial of those facts.

I can't believe all the people shouting that justice has been served, and Michael Jackson can rest in peace knowing his killer is heading for jail..

What a crock.... I bet Micheal is looking down now at Conrad and thinking how sorry he is for talking the guy into it..

This doctor was wrong in allowing someone to convince him to do something that he knew wasn't correct...but the fact remains that Michael was an addict...and he was the one asking for the shots...so I find it quite laughable that his family and others would think that Michael is happy with the outcome of this trail.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Why do people care so much about a child molester? Seriously.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Why do people care so much about a child molester? Seriously.

Is there any proof of this? or are you just blindly believing the mainstream media?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Apologies, removed off colour and off topic remark.

edit on 7/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: See post

Until someone comes out (and I'm not denying its not a possibility) and categorically states they were molested, without influence of financial reward or other bias, then innocent until proven guilty. Believe me, I do not like kiddy fiddlers one bit nor am I a Michael Jackson fan. His work stands pretty much on its own regardless of my adoration but he was not convicted. Not that I followed it closely but I did see the headline flash by all those years ago.
edit on 7/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Replaced OC and OT remark with something more constructive

edit on 7/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: And a syntax error pffff

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
REALLY?? OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT....NOW THAT THE TRIALS OVER WHAT AM I GONNA DO WITH MY FREE TIME??

I hope you can smell the sarcasm!!

There are 45 million AMERICANS on food stamps and over 18% NOT 9.1% UNEMPLOYED!!!

Get your priorities in line....this celebrity news is GARBAGE to distract the simple minded slaves...DON'T BE ONE!! WAKE UP!!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomKnight

so you post about the obsurdity of posting on this subject?

eeenteresting....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This Dr. failed at the very least to provide prudent care and to give due diligence to his practice. He provided a drug that should not have even been released to him as a Cardiologist. It is anesthesia. Not a sleep aid. Whether he failed to observe closely, or simply overdosed by mistake the end result is the same and he provided the means. It makes him not a Physician but rather... a murderer.
Michael Jackson's history in the courts is irrelevant. What is relevant is Dr Murray providing and administering medications without proper equipment and prudence. There was no heart monitor in the room. No dose administration protocol, and no emergency resuscitation equipment present. Any anesthetist will tell you that this particular drug will render you unconscious in mere seconds, and overdose will result in death.
Whether or not he did anything to or with children is irrelevant. It is only relevant that Dr Murray's actions did result in the death of this man. It was only sensational because it was MJ.
Murray didn't give two hoots about MJ. He did what he did for money. Period.
. If he had had any concern for MJ he would have done everything in his power to get the man some help for his addictions and his sleep. MJs family knew he had this problem. Their level of intervention is unknown.
Murray had the means and was the enabler ending in the death of a human being.
Now Murray [who is no longer a Dr.] will only get a few years, and MJ had a lot of fans. If Murray is ever released he will become an immediate target of the media and perhaps even some of the crazies out there seeking revenge. what a sad case. Further, how he obtained that particular drug in such amounts is speculative and should be thoroughly investigated. I suspect there are pharmacists involved as well. I didn't hear anything about how someone not trained in Anesthesia could even acquire that drug. Especially in the amounts described. There is no justice here. Just a bunch of ruined lives. What a travesty.
DH

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nopeitwasntme

ABSOLUTELY!! To hopefully wake up the ATSers engaged in this celebrity garbage.

And it's spelled interesting...at least use proper grammar
edit on 7-11-2011 by FreedomKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I am saddened by the reality of the verdict. but not surprised. I hope this sends a message to doctors all over that etchics comes first, not money.

Too many doctors bow down to money, whether it is celebrity dollars or insurance company money, many, too many are guilty of breaking their oaths.

SIDE NOTE: When I was injured on the job, I asked my doctor what his diagnosis was. He replied, "It doesn't matter to you, you're not my client. It's the insurance company that I explain myself to, not you."

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I like to selectively spell words phonetically as I hear them een my head.

Considering our poor justice system is a problem this day and age (OJ?? Innocent? Really?) I would like to think that is it relevant to comment on something like this, that for a change, it actually worked properly.

The media, very intent on creating fear among the masses regarding financial meltdown and such is all fuzzy wuzzy and has peachy warm ratings, but they also fail to mention that the Government and massively large corporations are responsible for the failure and recent deaths of thousands small businesses, by allowing federal contracting fraud and misrepresenting themselves so they can win contracts set aside for small businesses. But I wanted to take 5 seconds and reply on this. So now I can go comment on another blatantly uninteresting post.

But it’s ok for you to continue thinking I’m not paying attention. People like you like to over-exaggerate and place us “non thinkers” into general little bubbles that you feel you can safely accuse of being “non thinkers” en mass. Makes you feel more intellectually important. I understand

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nopeitwasntme

I owe you an apology...I'm just in one of those moods....you're right....sometimes we should give our brains a rest (and that's not sarcasm)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

accepted
it's not often you get them on here.

people like to hide behind blogs, so i ranted back

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The man isnt dead!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join