It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Idea Could Expedite Your Ascension To Immediately

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

To me this means the acceptance of life, and my own role in it, as a great and very deep mystery. I've heard it said also that acceptance is the highest form of love. Thus when we combine acceptance of the mystery of being, with love, what we're left with is enchantment, the enchantment of the cosmos as it is, and that's something really special.

Most people take life for granted as a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) of first impressioned, outer, sensory experience only, while completely neglecting the depth of the mystery within which they are emersed, and which resides within depths of their own innermost self as the "involution" of that very mystery.

The only thing I have a hard time accepting, to be honest, are the materialists' and atheists' claims that the human person is a "thing", and that nothing is real unless and until it can be parsed and measured by the scientific method. What's hard to accept I guess is that they claim to know what they're talking about, as if they know the "facts of life", while ignoring the deep personal experience, of the deeper mystery, of unknowing.

So to me, your OP means acceptance of an unfathomably deep and rich, mystery, which would be the first step in it's honest exploration, and thus the beginning of real knowledge (gnosis).

S&F!

"He who thinks he knows, knows not, but he who knows that he knows not, knows."
~ Confucius

edit on 8-11-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

"By acceptance, you rid yourself of the veil of illusion created by ego."

And you supplant it with the illusions created by your conceptual and perceptual illusions. So you supplant one illusion with many and that is suppose to Expedite your Ascension to Immediately?

Acceptance = Fool's Logic

Ribbit

You're missing the point.

The illusions created by your conceptual take on things is pre-acceptance. It is those illusions that keep you in a state of non-acceptance. And it is by acceptance that those things go away.

Your conceptual take on things is purely crafted from the ego in order to protect you from the truth. You can create your on preconceptions. That right there should be an indicator that conceptualization perpetuates illusion. Your conceptual take on things is of non-acceptance because conceptualization is a tool for figuring things out based on past experiences. Some of the past experiences have led you to be stereotypical, predjudiced, and biased in certain situations. It is these biases that your conceptualization is based on. Thus you are seeing only what you want to see and not what is actually there. To see the truth, you have to observe even what you don't want to see. And that takes acceptance.

kNOw! You are missing the point!

Your non-conceptual take on things is purely crafted by IGNORANCE in order to protect you from the non-truth. What dew you think the old saying is about?

"Ignorance is bliss."

Acceptance without Understanding is Ignorance.

Religion uses the same principle of Acceptance, when it comes to Faith, creating Blind Faith in the process. Dew you buy into that method of belief?
I ask, because that's what you're preaching!

I still look at all the wrong going on and it doesn't affect me but kNot because I have accepted it, because I Understand WHY it's happening. Ignorance Understands kNOwTHING!

Stop being Ignorant! Question Everything and you have to look at all five sides of the coin to dew that!

Ribbit

Ps: I have achieved Unconditional Love, can you say the same and before you answer that question, ask these questions:

Who (person) dew you love the most?

If someone were to harm that person, to include killing them, could you walk up to that person, put your arms around them and give them a hug and tell them that God loves them and so dew you?

If you can dew that, you have achieved Unconditional Love.

If kNot, then you haven't figured out the truth about this thing you call Life.

edit on 8-11-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

People create their own mental reality to protect themselves from reality. Maybe reality has hurt them before and they are afraid of it. So they create one in their head that won't hurt them. They create a lie because they can't handle the truth. The truth that is reality. All acceptance is is accepting reality that was once ignored by the ego structure that was designed to hide reality from you. All acceptance is is saying, "Okay Reality, I once ignored you, and I once neglected you, but now I'm going to allow you to be what you are, and if I feel hurt from you, I'm still going to allow you to be what you are." Therefore, by accepting reality for what it is, you see the truth.

By acceptance, I don't necessarily mean accepting falsehoods. I just mean accept reality as being what it is and not what you want it to be.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

People create their own mental reality to protect themselves from reality. Maybe reality has hurt them before and they are afraid of it. So they create one in their head that won't hurt them. They create a lie because they can't handle the truth. The truth that is reality. All acceptance is is accepting reality that was once ignored by the ego structure that was designed to hide reality from you. All acceptance is is saying, "Okay Reality, I once ignored you, and I once neglected you, but now I'm going to allow you to be what you are, and if I feel hurt from you, I'm still going to allow you to be what you are." Therefore, by accepting reality for what it is, you see the truth.

By acceptance, I don't necessarily mean accepting falsehoods. I just mean accept reality as being what it is and not what you want it to be.

Acceptance is unqualified and unquantified, thus, you must accept the false with the true, otherwise, you are kNot accepting, you are only accepting what you want to be the truth.

Defintion of Acceptance (as you have used it):

1. The act of assenting or believing: acceptance of a theory.

Definition of Ignorance:

1. The state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.

Definitions of Ignorant:

1. Lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2. Lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3. Uninformed; unaware.
4. Due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

Definitions of Understanding:

1. Mental process of a person who comprehends; comprehension; personal interpretation: My understanding of the word does not agree with yours.
2. Intellectual faculties; intelligence; mind: a quick understanding.
3. Superior power of discernment; enlightened intelligence: With her keen understanding she should have become a leader.
4. Knowledge of or familiarity with a particular thing; skill in dealing with or handling something: an understanding of accounting practice.
5. A state of cooperative or mutually tolerant relations between people: To him, understanding and goodwill were the supreme virtues.

Acceptance requires Ignorance or it isn't Acceptance. Conditional Acceptance requires judgment, thus, it isn't Acceptance, it's Opinion!

With your Acceptance Theory, you must accept the Big Bang Theory, which is wrong.

With your Acceptance Theory, you must accept the Continental Drift Theory, which is wrong.

With your Acceptance Theory, you must accept the Theory of Relativity, which is wrong.

With your Acceptance Theory, you must accept All, thus, you accept truth with fiction and then you remain ignorant forever.

Deny Ignorance but the only way you can dew that is to question everything, to then be able to understand everything.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I've laid out my case pretty clear. If you're not seeing what I'm saying by now, its only because you don't want to. If you are interested in the truth, then review the previous replies. If not, I guess we have nothing further to talk about.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I've laid out my case pretty clear. If you're not seeing what I'm saying by now, its only because you don't want to. If you are interested in the truth, then review the previous replies. If not, I guess we have nothing further to talk about.

I see what you're saying, as dew most others who have also spoken out against your stupidity.

"Stupid is what Stupid does."

Nevertheless, I dew find it interesting that your Acceptance Theory applies to accepting ignorance, so your theory stipulates We are to accept your stupidity, which does werk for you but it doesn't werk for those that seek the truth.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I see what you're saying, as dew most others who have also spoken out against your stupidity.

Nevertheless, I dew find it interesting that your Acceptance Theory applies to accepting ignorance, so your theory stipulates We are to accept your stupidity, which does werk for you but it doesn't werk for those that seek the truth.

Ribbit

Sorry to interfere, but I find your reply rather aggressive and ignorant.
While I'm not 100% agreeing with the OP, I think you completely missed the point. This is not a word game where you pull quotes from a dictionary to prove your point, nor a smart a$$ contest.
He talked about accepting the reality, as it is. Not his reality or yours. But it's obvious that your ego have a problem with it, as long as it's not YOUR reality. See how it works, and how fast you dismiss it?

However, let's keep it decent and respectable; it's more interesting that way.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat

Ribbit

Sorry to interfere, but I find your reply rather aggressive and ignorant.
While I'm not 100% agreeing with the OP, I think you completely missed the point. This is not a word game where you pull quotes from a dictionary to prove your point, nor a smart a$$ contest.
He talked about accepting the reality, as it is. Not his reality or yours. But it's obvious that your ego have a problem with it, as long as it's not YOUR reality. See how it works, and how fast you dismiss it?

However, let's keep it decent and respectable; it's more interesting that way.

While it could easily be said it was agressive, it cannot be called ignorant, except by ignorance itself.

There are three parts to Reality:

1. Conceptual
2. Perceptual
3. Physical

The only one that is real is the Physical, which has zero to dew with his Acceptance Theory, thus, his theory is based on illusions, just as your opinion is based on deluded thought.

When you accept this reality, you accept ALL of it, which means 2/3's of what you accept is an illusion, thus, you bear the mark of 666, which is 2/3's broken down to 66.6% with the decimal removed.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I challenge you to find the flaw in your own argument.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

When you accept this reality, you accept ALL of it, which means 2/3's of what you accept is an illusion, thus, you bear the mark of 666, which is 2/3's broken down to 66.6% with the decimal removed.

Ribbit

That is, in a perfect toad world

Here's a truth: you can't impose your view of reality on somebody else. You can only explain it, and hope that it's as obvious for them as it is for you.
And for me it isn't. Maybe next time....

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I challenge you to find the flaw in your own argument.

I challenge you to offer up a logical argument.

"The truth can be found in a lie but a lie cannot be found in the truth." - Old Toad Proverb

You are void of common sense, which requires Logic!

I always challenge my truths, by considering they are wrong until I prove myself wrong, then is when I finally accept them as the truth.

When you smarten up enough to coherently argue facts, kNot opinion, then bring it on. Until then, I will expect more stupid remarks such as that.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat

Ribbit

That is, in a perfect toad world

Here's a truth: you can't impose your view of reality on somebody else. You can only explain it, and hope that it's as obvious for them as it is for you.
And for me it isn't. Maybe next time....

This is a perfect world. That you don't kNow that, proves you to be ignorant of the truth, as over 99% of you are.

Here's a truth for you:

"You can't teach someone something they already kNow." - Old Toad Proverb

You have already bought your truth, so you will kNot kNow the truth until you finally open your closed mind to see it for what it really is.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I am not seeing much unconditional love here.
Why do you come here? Is it to piss peeps off or are you really deluded?
If you are really deluded then i am sorry.
You spoke of your ability to unconditionally love, when is it that you do this?
Condescension and arrogance look nothing like unconditional love.
Hopefully you will accept this as love.
edit on 9-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I am not seeing much unconditional love here.
Why do you come here? Is it to piss peeps off or are you really deluded?
If you are really deluded then i am sorry.
You spoke of your ability to unconditionally love, when is it that you do this?
Condescension and arrogance look nothing like unconditional love.
Hopefully you will accept this as love.

The reason you don't see much Unconditional Love is you are stupid and haven't a clue what much of anything is.

Ever hear of Tough Love?

Just because I call you stupid, doesn't mean I don't love you, just as when your mommy stuck you in the corner for being stupid, she loved you too.

As to arrogance, you made my point by saying that. There's a difference between kNowing and thinking you kNow. You think you kNow and I kNow you don't, that doesn't make me arrogant, it makes me confident, but your logic is below the necessary level to Understand the difference between the two and I've repeatedly told you such but you refuse to learn beyond your current mentality.

What can I say, Stupid iz what Stupid does!

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Ribbit

Acceptance alleviates ignorance.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Ribbit

I swear, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard you or anyone say!

Are you taking Stupid Pills or what?

I am absolutely flabbergasted by that idiotic statement!

How does one counter such stupidity?

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Amazing post! I agree with you, that humans should accept the truth of their reality.

To not be afraid of what others think of you, and for you to not be afraid of yourself.

Accept who you are, and realize the truth of your reality.

Life is too short to live with a blindfold on.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Ribbit

I swear, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard you or anyone say!

Are you taking Stupid Pills or what?

I am absolutely flabbergasted by that idiotic statement!

How does one counter such stupidity?

Ribbit

Apparently, all they are able to do is throw out insults. No solid argument. Just name calling.

Seriously though; back to the topic at hand. You see, acceptance is acceptance of the internal and acceptance of the external. This allows you to silence the conflict between the two. This moment of silence allows you to see reality through a clear lense rather than the muddy lense that you have created for yourself by way of non-acceptance. Therefore, ignorance is alleviated.

Just because I accept reality, doesn't mean I agree with it.
It just means that I am not denying its existence. Thus, I am seeing truth. Please, don't show your ignorance in your reply by disagreeing with me, because what I have said is the complete truth, and everyone, or almost everyone, here knows it except you. This should be an indication that perhaps you aren't as right as you think you are.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I love your thread ....but I can't help but wonder if perhaps you were trying to imply the concept of "living in the moment"? Which can be a very difficult thing to do....paying rapt attention to what's actually going on around us currently without coloring it with past experiences and future expectations. Did you know that 85% of the things we worry about never actually happen?
Live in the moment. Enjoy it fully. Learn the lesson that is there specifically for you to learn from it.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

I love your thread ....but I can't help but wonder if perhaps you were trying to imply the concept of "living in the moment"? Which can be a very difficult thing to do....paying rapt attention to what's actually going on around us currently without coloring it with past experiences and future expectations. Did you know that 85% of the things we worry about never actually happen?
Live in the moment. Enjoy it fully. Learn the lesson that is there specifically for you to learn from it.

Yes. Acceptance is equal to living in the moment. Non-acceptance is equal to worry, guilt, and unsatisfaction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join