It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Idea Could Expedite Your Ascension To Immediately

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumbleHelper
and none of us believed they would reach heaven. now were left behind claiming they didnt, but who is to say what they experienced as they "died?"

Who knows?

But is there some reason to suspect that their deaths were different from anyone else's just because they had some unfalsifiable beliefs?

The point is that acceptance is NOT truth. Truth can be accepted or not. Acceptance can also welcome falsehoods. Truth is truth and we need a more powerful tool than mere acceptance to discover it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

The point is that acceptance is NOT truth. Truth can be accepted or not. Acceptance can also welcome falsehoods. Truth is truth and we need a more powerful tool than mere acceptance to discover it.

Truth is what reality is without ego predilection. Acceptance diminishes ego predilection. So, no, all you need to see reality as it is is acceptance.

For example: Someone lies to me about something. I accept what they say even though it is a lie. This does not mean I don't know they are lying by accepting it, nor does it mean I have to base my directives on the deception, it only means that I accept that they are lying.

You may be able to tell if someone is lying, or you might not be able to tell, it doesn't matter. You will still be lied to. Truth is acceptance of that event. It doesn't matter what you accept it as. It just matters that you accept it.

Or how about this. Here's a good example. Say someone says something mean to you and "punks you out". You could pretend you didn't hear it. You could even make yourself believe that it didn't happen. This is obviously an example of someone who is not observing the truth. In your head, you are running away from this event because they don't want to fight. You even go so far as to make yourself believe that the attacker is just playing or that the people around the attacker are on your side. In reality, the attacker is serious, and the people around the attacker want to see a fight. You just convinced yourself of a lie. Now what must be done in order to see the truth? Accept reality for what it is. Accept that you might have to fight. Accept that you don't have to fight, but you'll still look like a punk, but then if that is what you want to do, you can accept that as well. Now you look like a punk, but you don't look like a punk who is not aware they look like a punk.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Just answer me this.

If you don't accept reality for what it is, how would you ever expect to see reality for what it is?

The answer:

If you don't accept reality for what it is, your ego won't allow you to see it for what it is because it is working to make up its on version of what it wants it to be so that it can remained satisfied. The ego is very powerful and never quits.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Simply acceptance. Acceptance is truth. You cannot see the truth if your eyes are veiled with biased expectancies, preconceptions, or predilections. Let all that go and accept reality for what it is. It is what it is.

About 10 or 15 years ago, approximately 30 or so people accepted that they should time their suicides in order to catch a ride on a passing comet. Acceptance is not truth.

You next points are most valid: stripping one's self of some preconceptions can help in one's observations.

No matter how hard you try your attempts to paint the quickening as another heavens gate to me seems like a lack of understanding.
Maybe i'm wrong but i challenge you to find anything remotely like this that is recent and pertains to your claims.
If you come up short then i challenge you to take a closer look at current world events.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

That guy is possessed by demons.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

That was my thought as i posted it.
The eyes give it away.
What trips me out is when i see eyes like that in person.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

That was my thought as i posted it.
The eyes give it away.
What trips me out is when i see eyes like that in person.

The eyes ARE a window to the soul, and whatever else might be dwelling within too.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I accept that I am a evil creature with evil lusts. That I live in a evil world with evil boundaries. That I have an evil past and a evil future and that everything around is evil.

Now I can ascend to become a true demon master of evil.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Truth is what reality is without ego predilection. Acceptance diminishes ego predilection. So, no, all you need to see reality as it is is acceptance.

So if I find this 'truth', will it be the same reality and 'truth' that you have arrived at? I ask this in all seriousness, because I find that I've taken all your steps to 'ascension' in the past, although not for the same reasons you may have, but the 'truth' I have arrived at doesn't feel anything like heaven. Are you sure that if everyone just 'accepts' that they will arrive at the same conclusions about reality that you have?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumbleHelper
and none of us believed they would reach heaven. now were left behind claiming they didnt, but who is to say what they experienced as they "died?"

Who knows?

But is there some reason to suspect that their deaths were different from anyone else's just because they had some unfalsifiable beliefs?

is there any reason to believe you know what anyones death is like? or that any two deaths are ever the same?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan

So if I find this 'truth', will it be the same reality and 'truth' that you have arrived at? I ask this in all seriousness, because I find that I've taken all your steps to 'ascension' in the past, although not for the same reasons you may have, but the 'truth' I have arrived at doesn't feel anything like heaven. Are you sure that if everyone just 'accepts' that they will arrive at the same conclusions about reality that you have?

What other "steps to 'ascension'" are you referring to?

The truth is just the truth. It is not my truth or your truth. It is reality as it is without it being what you have in your mind that it should be. Acceptance is you saying to yourself, "This is what reality is, and I accept it as it is." By acceptance, you rid yourself of the veil of illusion created by ego.

The conclusions are this, and they are universal:

Joy is acceptance. Truth is acceptance. Love is acceptance. Peace is acceptance. Love is truth. Love is joy. Love is peace. Joy is Peace. Joy is truth. Truth is peace. Truth is Joy.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Simply acceptance. Acceptance is truth.

If you don't feel like you ascended into a higher realm, like heaven, you're doing it wrong. Try again.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
that need to be right is a real killer

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan

What other "steps to 'ascension'" are you referring to?

The truth is just the truth. It is not my truth or your truth. It is reality as it is without it being what you have in your mind that it should be. Acceptance is you saying to yourself, "This is what reality is, and I accept it as it is." By acceptance, you rid yourself of the veil of illusion created by ego.

The conclusions are this, and they are universal:

Joy is acceptance. Truth is acceptance. Love is acceptance. Peace is acceptance. Love is truth. Love is joy. Love is peace. Joy is Peace. Joy is truth. Truth is peace. Truth is Joy.

You said:

"Acceptance is you saying to yourself, "This is what reality is, and I accept it as it is."

How dew you kNow what you see is the Truth that you are accepting?

Then you said:

"By acceptance, you rid yourself of the veil of illusion created by ego."

And you supplant it with the illusions created by your conceptual and perceptual illusions. So you supplant one illusion with many and that is suppose to Expedite your Ascension to Immediately?

Acceptance = Fool's Logic

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Simply acceptance. Acceptance is truth. You cannot see the truth if your eyes are veiled with biased expectancies, preconceptions, or predilections. Let all that go and accept reality for what it is. It is what it is.

Acceptance is giving up, to me. I cannot change this, or go to another place, so I will just accept this as truth and live with it? That sounds like a cop out, friend.
I may never find acceptance, not until all other avenues are exhausted. Until then, I shall strive to always have an Open Mind, and a Free Spirit, I was't born to be a follower......

I appreciate this clip and agree with your sentiment. I will never simply "accept", either. Thanks for this.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Reality and truth are nowhere to be found. Nowhere or now-here. Reality and truth are now and here, always present. For truth to be unveiled the veil has to be lifted, that's all.
The veil is the minds unacceptance. Eveything is as it is and then the mind wants, it wants more or less.
The mind (ego, separate individual) can not see now as it is, it can not survive in this placeless place. That is why no one wants to go there because you as an individual will die!!
The 'normal' human being lives only in duality, past/future, right/wrong, it knows nothing of neutral, now and here.
The mind just can't operate in the truth of now.
And that is the freedom, freedom from mind made stories about far away times or lands. The mind can only work with make believe, fabricated, imagined stories (not true, not truth).

It is the mind that is deluded and it is the mind that is believed.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
OP is correct. We have to accept the reality of things if we want to be rid of the negative energies that have a tendency to fill us up to the brim with anger and sadness.

Don't fight against the rapids, let them take you with them. You'll have a much more pleasant time in life that way.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The1Prettiest1One

lol

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

"By acceptance, you rid yourself of the veil of illusion created by ego."

And you supplant it with the illusions created by your conceptual and perceptual illusions. So you supplant one illusion with many and that is suppose to Expedite your Ascension to Immediately?

Acceptance = Fool's Logic

Ribbit

You're missing the point.

The illusions created by your conceptual take on things is pre-acceptance. It is those illusions that keep you in a state of non-acceptance. And it is by acceptance that those things go away.

Your conceptual take on things is purely crafted from the ego in order to protect you from the truth. You can create your on preconceptions. That right there should be an indicator that conceptualization perpetuates illusion. Your conceptual take on things is of non-acceptance because conceptualization is a tool for figuring things out based on past experiences. Some of the past experiences have led you to be stereotypical, predjudiced, and biased in certain situations. It is these biases that your conceptualization is based on. Thus you are seeing only what you want to see and not what is actually there. To see the truth, you have to observe even what you don't want to see. And that takes acceptance.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

About 10 or 15 years ago, approximately 30 or so people accepted that they should time their suicides in order to catch a ride on a passing comet. Acceptance is not truth.

You're half right. Acceptance is not truth.

For arguments sake however, there is a problem with your example.

I must point out that you have no idea if their plan worked or not. You don't know if they caught their ride or not..... you just accept that they did not. Doesn't make it true.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join