It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flatwoods monster story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanoidX

thnx for the contribution

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The Flatwoods Monster

It's a more complete thread and it is indeed a very interesting case.
edit on 12 28 1111 by Cricious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I've always found EBE encounters to be very interesting reads, and the "Flatwoods monster" is even more interesting because it is unique compared to the other encounters (Grays, Nordics, Hairy Dwarfs, Reptilians, etc...). I've always had theories about all these aliens, but I'm completely lost with the Flatwoods EBE. I've always thought that each type of EBE had some sort of "role" (this implies all the different types of EBEs are aware of each other). But which role could this EBE play? Could it have been an EBE in some sort of suit? Working equipment? Maybe a lift system? Or was it truly a 10 foot tall monster in a green skirt with short stubby arms and glowing eyes? It doesn't seem very "functional" to me, but I guess that's why we call them alien...

On a side note, I recently started to watch the "Ancient Astronaut" series, and now when I look at this I see the "Manna Machine", just a coincidence I guess...or is it?!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Monster Quest has a whole episode about this case. I recommend it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Headeraser

Thank you, I will check it out the monster quest episode.
I'm surprised the flatwoods story hasn't gotten more attention on ATS

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

Type Flatwoods Monster into Search...

lots there

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutz4tom
Here is a little info on the flatwoods monster.My avatar has generated many enquiries so I thought I'd offer...
The image in my avatar is considered an incorrect depiction

flatwoods West Va. alien aka Flatwoods monster

Five years after the 1947 Roswell, New Mexico crash story, the most terrifying UFO encounter in history occurred. On September 12, 1952 the United States Government was shocked when a damaged UFO penetrated this country’s airspace and crash-landed on a farm in the small town of Flatwoods, West Virginia among the Allegheny Mountains. Moments later, a group of curious local townspeople set out to investigate the scene. Upon inspection of the woods and crash area, these unsuspecting locals were confronted by a nightmarish being that would change their lives forever. Near a large tree, the terrified eyewitnesses described seeing an entity that towered over twelve feet tall and was of tremendous size. The Government officially explained the sighting as being attributed to a near by passing meteor and an owl in the tree. At the time though, the Government had a very good reason for this explanation.

Flatwoods monster website
edit on 7-11-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thank you, I assumed because it wasn't in the archived list of ufo sightings that it was less common.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
One thing to consider about this story is the area and time it took place. West Virginia in the 50's was a much different place than we could really imagine today. The people were very hard working, they had very strong morals, and there was a very close knit community in that area at the time. These people were pretty much all hardcore christians in the area and still are. If you came out and said you saw something like this people would call you crazy, and the area is so small that everyone would know about it, so to me it doesn't seem very likely that they made this up. That generation was a much different one. They came from a simple time and cherished the morals and values that were traditional in their families for generations. Plus they were very religious. They valued honesty. They thought if they lied they would be damning their eternal souls to hell. So in my opinion they did see something out in those woods that night. What it was? I suppose we will never now.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

Ive read about the case and I think that it is very good. the witnesses didnt try to get any publicity from it which would make me think they arent pulling a hoax so this could be a more credible case, but I imagine its been so long it would be hard to find any evidence

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join