It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flatwoods monster story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Here is a little info on the flatwoods monster.My avatar has generated many enquiries so I thought I'd offer...
The image in my avatar is considered an incorrect depiction

flatwoods West Va. alien aka Flatwoods monster

Five years after the 1947 Roswell, New Mexico crash story, the most terrifying UFO encounter in history occurred. On September 12, 1952 the United States Government was shocked when a damaged UFO penetrated this country’s airspace and crash-landed on a farm in the small town of Flatwoods, West Virginia among the Allegheny Mountains. Moments later, a group of curious local townspeople set out to investigate the scene. Upon inspection of the woods and crash area, these unsuspecting locals were confronted by a nightmarish being that would change their lives forever. Near a large tree, the terrified eyewitnesses described seeing an entity that towered over twelve feet tall and was of tremendous size. The Government officially explained the sighting as being attributed to a near by passing meteor and an owl in the tree. At the time though, the Government had a very good reason for this explanation.

Flatwoods monster website
edit on 7-11-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

The image of the flatwoods monster is so iconic.
Just imagine if it were real!!!
A '50's b movie alien tall as two men. I know I'd have to throw those pants away if I were in the woods.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Reading all those newspaper clippings about how the creature's smell made kids and other family members sick for hours after is pretty convincing... if it really happened, I wonder what happened to that creature..

The cointel program of extreme ridicule and character assasination was already well in place before this sighting happened... It probably wasn't too hard to get that to work since the story is so hard to believe, and the creature being so bizarre..

This story reminds of the odd one that happened in Russia, were a robot like, and very tall humanoid aimed some rod at a school kid..can't remember exactly..

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Yeah I would have to agree...the image that is associated with it is creepy as heck.

This took place in the 50's which to me syas keep an open mind.SImply because that was before towns/cities/and states used their strange stories as a way to generate $$$$
Thank you for your contribution

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I was under the impression it came and went...This was kind of (time wise) at the beginning of the whole ufo/ alien thing in the media (50's)

We have property in rural W.Va and visit flatwoods whenever im in the area. I can honestly say, if i was looking for some place off the beaten path to repair my craft that would be the place

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

you know even glowing and weird features, 12 Feet Tall would absolutely stop me in my tracks..could they have been irradiated (the kids)?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

wasn't that long after this supposid incident was the Betty and Barney Hill event.(1961 I think) . Now there was a couple that very likely did not want to draw attention to themselves,but came forth with an amazing story.Scarey as crap to me.
Betty and Barney Hill

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Seems like there was more sightings and contact then,than there is today.I just finished reading The Mothman Prophecies,and let me tell ya it's nothing like the movie,John Keel was a intelligent and very thorough investigator.

Thanks for putting this out there I'll be reading this next.If you could recommend any other good books on sightings in that time frame(50's &60's) I would appreciate it.

edit on 7-11-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
interesting thanks op

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Well among my personal favorites as a reference is Above Top Secret by Timothy Good. Some on this sight have a problem with him.He is intelligent and has the most sensible info out there. But the original Above top secret should be in every persons library.Also, Linda moulten Howe is very thorough. I had the opportunity to me here many years ago and have a lot of respect for her work.
His books will have info. on 50's on sightings..hope that helps
Link to an ATS Mix show featuring T.Good

ATS.MIX:72

edit on 8-11-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bazinga3D0

Thanks for the reply

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Wutz4tom, very interesting topic and I´ve always found this case to be an intriguing one, I don´t know if you´ve seen it but Stanton Friedman discusses some of the more puzzling aspects below including missing metal and liquid samples which were sent to the government never to be seen again - there´s also another thread here with more info.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thank you, I will watch it in a bit...apreciate the contribution!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

If you'd like... send me a u2u so I can reply. For some reason I can't do it from this end.Thanks

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Thank you Karl 12 and Everyone for your contributions. I will be going to Flatwoods in Dec. and will make it a point to visit the site..was a long long time ago..but will be interesting anyway

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

This story has definitely generated lots of interest in the area for many years. When I visit I always see flatwoods monster souvenirs all over the place..In stores of all sorts..I've personally been four wheeling 30 minutes from the the area and its really Beautiful country...Jobs Are hard to find in the rural areas..

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

What ever happened to the witnesses?.Have they been witnessed recently?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutz4tom

Yeah I would have to agree...the image that is associated with it is creepy as heck.

This took place in the 50's which to me syas keep an open mind.SImply because that was before towns/cities/and states used their strange stories as a way to generate $$$$

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
additional info
additional info:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Here some incidents from the same aprox. time period..that I'd thought I would add to your thread..

link to info..

FIGHTERS LOST OVER THE UNITED STATES

VANISHED.1951, April 8. An F-94 jet "disappeared" from McChord AFB, Washington, while en route to Hamilton Field, California.

VANISHED. 1952, Feb. 19. In Florida, a Tyndall AFB jet fighter and two man crew "disappeared while on a routine training flight." The 2-man crew "vanished in an F-94 jet fighter plane."

VANISHED. 1952, July 25. In the Miami, Florida area, "more than 100 planes joined ground crew forces...in a search for a missing Marine Corps fighter jet and its pilot."

COMBAT VETERAN KILLED. 1952, August 8. Captain Gay, Jr., a USAF Korean War jet fighter veteran was killed in an "unexplained crash of an F-94 all-weather jet fighter...when it plunged into Vineyard Sound," near Falmouth , Massachusetts. It was reported that, "an Otis Air Force spokesperson said Captain Gay was believed to have been trapped in the cockpit of his plane when it crashed." The Times reported that the fighter pilot had "completed 105 combat missions in Korea and earned the Distinguished Flying Cross and Air Medal with three Oak clusters."

COMBAT VETERAN KILLED. 1952, Sept. 2. 1st Lt. J. Burke, Jr., a Westover AFB fighter pilot was killed at Ludlow Center, Mass. located about "five miles east of the field." It was reported that Burke was, "a veteran of 100 combat missions in Korea." Westover AFB "officials said the cause of the crash had not been determined."

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanoidX

Here some incidents from the same aprox. time period..that I'd thought I would add to your thread..

link to info..

FIGHTERS LOST OVER THE UNITED STATES

VANISHED.1951, April 8. An F-94 jet "disappeared" from McChord AFB, Washington, while en route to Hamilton Field, California.

VANISHED. 1952, Feb. 19. In Florida, a Tyndall AFB jet fighter and two man crew "disappeared while on a routine training flight." The 2-man crew "vanished in an F-94 jet fighter plane."

VANISHED. 1952, July 25. In the Miami, Florida area, "more than 100 planes joined ground crew forces...in a search for a missing Marine Corps fighter jet and its pilot."

Additional info...
FLATWOODS MOSTER

Summary: Those who saw the thing were terrified. Those who investigated were convinced that it had been there. But what it was and where it came from constitute the mystery of the Flatwoods monster.

It was just getting dark on that warm September evening in 1952 when the five youngsters stopped their play to watch the strange spectacle overhead. Outlined against the sky over the nearby mountains was a disc-shaped object which was spurting little streams of sparks. It wobbled a bit, moved on hesitantly and dropped slowly down toward the mountaintop, where it settled among the trees.

Whatever it was, it did not resemble any plane the youngsters had ever seen. They realized that this was some sort of emergency and they scattered to their respective homes to report. Eddie May, 13, and his brother Fred, 12, ran to the nearby house where their mother operated a beauty parlor in the little West Virginia community of 300 population.

The boys told their mother excitedly that they and their companions had seen a plane or a flying saucer land on the foothill that towered above the town.

Mrs. May was skeptical, of course, but the skepticism disappeared when she stepped outside to see for herself. There, dimly visible several hundred yards away near the top of the hill, was a slowly pulsating red light. Something was on the ground there, just at the children had said…but what was it? Mrs. May sent the boys running to the nearby home of Gene Lemon, 17, a member of the National Guard.

Armed only with a flashlight, Lemon led the party up the hill. In addition to Mrs. May and her two sons, the group also included 14-year old Neil Nunley, and a pair of ten-year olds who had also seen the object land, Ronnie Shaver and Tommy Hyer .....see link..

link for further

edit on 9-11-2011 by HumanoidX because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2011 by HumanoidX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join