It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are so many men involved in serial relationships, one after another?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Why are so many men jsut chasing girl after girl???

Doesn't that get lonely??? Seems like a lot of effort to me. Can't they be happy with one? Who loves them?

If "that's just the way its supposed to be" then why do women not seem to have this problem?

Also, why are the good men either a) Taken or B) never want to settle down?

Arrrrrggggggggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
we like alot of poon

second

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

So men go from one woman to the other, but women dont go from man to man? I'm seeing some basic mathematical problems with that theory straight away

edit on 6-11-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I don't have that problem. Broke up with my gf several months ago, and i am still single and happy.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I have to say, i've found its more females do this (from my personal and friends experiences). Its probably a healthy 50/50!

With that being said, maybe you've just always found the wrong men or looking in the wrong places!

*internet hugs*

Hope you feel better!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I guess you just got cheated on? Well, you are a 'partygirl', right?

Sorry, didn't mean anything by that... I've been there on both sides and it sucks!
!
!
edit on 11/6/2011 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Not cheated on...but the guy I was interested in suddenly stopped being interested in me because he was chasing another one.

Then I started to think and I realized almsot every guy I'm interested in has too many relationships or just "friends with benefits" which I am not interested in.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Stop acting like you want vanilla, because deep down you know you want all 31 flavors?
edit on 11/6/2011 by BeyondPerception because: form into a question, as it should have been

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Why are so many men involved in serial relationships, one after another? Because that's what the word "serial" means.

There is an excitement to the novelty of a different person, and a challenge. Can I get her to . . .? Besides, when you're thirsty a glass of water is the best thing in the world. But your tenth glass of water is not as refreshing, so you head off for another type of drink.

Further, it's easier to have sex with someone than live with someone. It starts getting difficult, so the guy is off somewhere else.

I hope that's a good start for you.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Men are horn dogs,hence my nick name.
An ex-girlfriend gave me that nick name cause I told her the truth about men.
kdog.My wife still calls me that,my ex-girlfriends best friend,who I married.
It is inherent,in the genes.
We can't help it but with thought and self control.

Without that,we will mate with what ever will let us to mate with.
Don't deny it guy's.
It is when we become tired of all the chasing that we will settle down.
But,in the back of our little minds,the hunt is always there.
I see it everyday with the guys I work with.
Looking and salivating at the pretty girls passing by.
Men are dogs.
We like sex,food and variety of both.
Brutal,but honest.

edit on 6-11-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Enviroment. The world moves to fast to settle down. She has to be able to keep up and most want to settle down. Not in this day and age. Maybe tmrw, but today, I have to get ahead while I still can. Its an ugly game

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
Why are so many men jsut chasing girl after girl???

Doesn't that get lonely??? Seems like a lot of effort to me. Can't they be happy with one? Who loves them?

If "that's just the way its supposed to be" then why do women not seem to have this problem?

Also, why are the good men either a) Taken or B) never want to settle down?

Arrrrrggggggggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Even the wildest male will settle down eventually, if you listen to someone for example like Russell Brand on Howard Sterns show, he was banging several woman a day plus hookers or whatever, then along came his special prize and that was it - he's out of the game until the next round (when they get bored and split). If the relationship you're in doesn't feel like 'the one' then obviously you're going to keep on sampling other partners until you find the right one, or not. And there's no point in ending a relationship just on the off-chance that you may or may not have found 'the one' elsewhere, you'd try both and maybe take a step back after a short time and analyse the situation, most probably deciding that neither were 'the one' and start the search for another potential partner, while keeping it going with the first two. Freedom is natural.

Marriage, life partners, fiancée's - this is all incredibly unhealthy and unnatural. Designed only to control the planets population, when really there was no need to ever control it.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
how else can they find four good wives ? not easy to do takes alot of searching to find good ones...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I would settle down, but not until i find the right girl. And that is not the easiest thing in this world, with all the brainwashed-by-the-media and gold-digger girls around, it seems.

Everyone have different preferences, but i think most guys want the following qualities in a "girl to settle down with"

1. Innocent.
2. Caring.
3. Honest.
4. Sincere.
5. Loving.
6. BEAUTY (Physical beauty is more important to guys than girls, but inner beauty is also important)

Not all of these qualities is needed in a one-night stand capable girl, if any(just a hint)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Protip: There's no such thing as love. Deal with it.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
(some) women are attracted to a$$holes, then they spend all day complaining about how the men in their lives are a$$holes, then they expect sympathy.
op i think you should grow up a little and stop being so naive.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Eventually,a guy will start thinking about his future,what he wants to do with it.
Does he want to have children?
Does he want a house?
Does he want a secure future were he knows that when he gets old,there will be someone there to take care of him.
Maturity plays a big part in it all.
The party doesn't last forever.
You have to find someone to share it with.
It is just a matter of choosing that person.
The first one I chose,I was was 21 years old.
It didn't last 2 years.
When I was 30 years old,I found the one.
15 years later,two kids,two houses,separated twice.
We are still together.
A work in progress.
I'm hoping she will change my diapers when I'm old.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
(some) women are attracted to a$$holes, then they spend all day complaining about how the men in their lives are a$$holes, then they expect sympathy.

Protip: The same rule applies vice versa. Men are attracted to female a$$holes.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Why do so many men chase a lot of women? Because of sex....the truth is ...many of them are not ready to settle down....and they like a variety of sexual conquests.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Lmao... the responses are killing me! On par, every single one... and all that come afterwards.

Mine: I honestly think it's a matter of short attention span. I know girls and guys, both, that do this. Bored with one, on to the next. If you don't catch his attention, you don't get a chance. Once you catch his attention, you have to keep it. If things aren't compatible, eyes start to wander really fast.

My girlfriend is one that moved quickly from one relationship into another. I love her (I've dedicated 6 years so far), but it's still one of those things that annoy me... and, I guess I'm just strange, because most other people don't get why that bugs me.

Good luck on the next try, though. Remember, don't just settle with the first that sticks around for a significant amount of time... that really, IMHO, is as bad as just jumping one to the next just for the sake of playing the "Hide the Stick" game. Some seriously stupid relationships and families spawn from that. Ya know... like the dommie disputers down the street, making you wonder how long until child services is called in.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join