It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN vs U.S. - Zero credibility on both fronts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by antioligarchs

. . .
ISRAEL got 200 Nuclear Warheads while IRAN got 1 suspected Nuclear weapon.
Look who is the real Threat?
. . .

I would trust a stable country with stable leadership with 200 nukes over an unstable country with unstable leadership with a suspected nuke.

I also would not trust a country that is filled with people who kill their own exponentially more than the rest of the world kills them.

Hey our country kills millions of its own too just with poisons in our food and water.

edit on 6-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If Israel is REALLY scared but won't back down from a fight,they need U.S. acceptance,not approval.

There's a LOT of people around there that don't like them.

How long to you wait for a surprize attack after hitting the war drums for this many years? On both sides?

Does bloodshed have to be the ultimate threat, and a new front will be blood in the streets via Utube within minutes? On both sides?

Who wins in THOSE photo's? Last pic published?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by antioligarchs

I do agree with you. However; its more of the jingoistic people who are obviously not native to America who love wars with foreign countries...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Ahh . . . so the US has more people killing their own than the rest of the world.

Here I thought it was Muslims and their different militia groups.

Silly me.

/sarcasm

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

israel knows this and america knows this. all they are going to do is launch missiles and plane strikes. and even then they're not even sure they can get past iran's russian and chinese state of the art air defense.

iran will retaliate with their own missiles. both sides will declare victory and it'll be a massive waste of time and life.

and iran will continue on with their secret nuclear program, virtually on schedule.

edit on 6-11-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

I agreed with you up to this point. "all they are going to do is launch missiles and plane strikes"

It's a little more complicated than that...they are going to launch missiles and plane strikes at NUCLEAR REACTORS. Those two words change the situation you lay out quite drastically.
This isn't Libya. Iran won't bend over. If they enact a "no-fly zone" like in Libya, Israel gets a fist full of bombs from Iran. Libya didn't have anyone in range of their missile to attack. All they could do is look up while our stealth bombers evaded their radars and missiles.

our stealth fighters might evade Iran's radars...but a country can't dodge missiles and bombs, nor even evade radars!

If it starts, Iran won't be able to continue with it's nuclear program...the KEY target of the U.S. and Israel would be the nuclear reactors.

TLDR:
The U.S. and Israel want to indirectly nuke one of the most beautiful countries on Earth.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Ahh . . . so the US has more people killing their own than the rest of the world.

Here I thought it was Muslims and their different militia groups.

Silly me.

/sarcasm

The difference is the US gov is basically torturing its people for profit. By making us sick and selling us medications, now THAT is sick. At least the muslim "militia groups" just kill you instantly.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Post statistics on that cause I would genuinely like to see them. However, I will go ahead and hypothesize that you don't know the numbers yourself you are just going by hearsay

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

That's not what you said...it might've been what you meant, but it's not what you said. You didn't indicate a change in subject, so that pronoun refers back to the country.
The "kills them" would need to be removed in order for it to mean what you said in the post I'm replying to.

I also would not trust a country that is filled with people who kill their own exponentially more than the rest of the world kills them.

Either way....You're still not saying any facts about Iran.

edit on 6-11-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I just can't shake the feeling that this is Bush/Iraq all over again. Does anyone else feel that way? Like Ron Paul said, of course Iran wants to develop nuclear weapons, considering who their neighbors are. I don't trust Israel as far as I could throw them, which isn't very far at all, because I don't work out.

I would have to agree that we really don't know. I bet our government, as well as the Israelis, know the answer, which is probably that there aren't any nukes in Iran...Iran is next on the list, so they will tell us whatever they feel they have to, so as not to cause a major uproar.

It has been ten years or so since they last used this excuse, so don't be surprised after we pillage Iran we don't find any nuclear weapons. I know I won't be. Even if they have them, I don't care. If everyone would stay out of their business then we wouldn't have any problems.

This is exactly the feeling I get and I think a lot of people get.

Those behind the wheel of the war machine saw how easy it was to pass of a tremendous load of bull# during Iraq, Afghanistan and what not, so why the hell not keep moving?
The American people have a tradition of patriotism, so when the leaders say jump they really do ask "how high?". Too bad they don't have a tradition of questioning their leaders instead. Being the president does not mean that what ever one decides to do is A. what the people wants and B. what is best for the people (or the world in this case).

We will see another war, but at least this time, have the clarity to see that we have been mislead, not only this time, but for the last 2-3 decades. This is not a fight for democracy, human rights, or to defend oneself. This is war for the purpose of war and monetary gain following thereafter (for the few mind you... you as a citizen will NOT benefit from it).

I have already naively written my sec. for foreign affairs (Denmark), and told them to publicly come forth and declare a stance on this Iran / Israel & US affair. I want them to acknowledge that what is about to happen is yet another illegal and destructive war that will not create peace but only more fear.
I want them to denounce these warmongers that control the US and the UK at the moment.

If one country has enough balls to do so, maybe others will follow suit and do what is right by the world.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I agreed with you up to this point. "all they are going to do is launch missiles and plane strikes"

It's a little more complicated than that...they are going to launch missiles and plane strikes at NUCLEAR REACTORS. Those two words change the situation you lay out quite drastically...the KEY target of the U.S. and Israel would be the nuclear reactors.

Ask the people of Iraq if that was indeed what happened...
edit on 8-11-2011 by Gatto because: mobile typing sucks

edit on 8-11-2011 by Gatto because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join