It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"My daughter deserved to die for falling in love"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Two weeks ago, The Observer revealed how 17-year-old student Rand Abdel-Qader was beaten to death by her father after becoming infatuated with a British soldier in Basra. In this remarkable interview, Abdel-Qader Ali explains why he is unrepentant - and how police backed his actions

"If I had realised then what she would become, I would have killed her the instant her mother delivered her"
Abdel-Qader, 46, a government employee, was initially arrested but released after two hours. Astonishingly, he said, police congratulated him on what he had done. "They are men and know what honour is"

Though her horrified mother, Leila Hussein, called Rand's two brothers, Hassan, 23, and Haydar, 21, to restrain Abdel-Qader as he choked her with his foot on her throat, they joined in. Her shrouded corpse was then tossed into a makeshift grave without ceremony as her uncles spat on it in disgust.

'Death was the least she deserved,' said Abdel-Qader. 'I don't regret it. I had the support of all my friends who are fathers, like me, and know what she did was unacceptable to any Muslim that honours his religion,' he said.

'People from western countries might be shocked, but our girls are not like their daughters that can sleep with any man they want and sometimes even get pregnant without marrying. Our girls should respect their religion, their family and their bodies.

'I have only two boys from now on. That girl was a mistake in my life. I know God is blessing me for what I did,' he said, his voice swelling with pride. 'My sons are by my side, and they were men enough to help me finish the life of someone who just brought shame to ours.'

www.guardian.co.uk...

This article shows that honour killings seem to be not only alive and well in Iraq, but widely socially accepted practice among Iraqi muslims. I am truly disgusted by the savages. No further commentary needed...

edit on 6/11/11 by Maslo because: extext

edit on 6/11/11 by Maslo because: 30cases

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Somehow, I think the fact she fell in love with an enemy soldier had a lot to do with it.

The press can say what they want, but the fact is nobody welcomes foreign troops into their country that are there because they invaded.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Disgusting and horrible. How people behave like this in the 21st century is beyond me. His own daughter...wtf?!
And to say God is blessing him for it...

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Thanks for showing more proof of how pathetically disgusting mankind can be.

'The officers were by my side during all the time I was there, congratulating me on what I had done.'

'I know God is blessing me for what I did,'

And people wonder why I'm anti-religion!
edit on 6-11-2011 by Realm52 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
It is always sad to see humanity sink to these levels..
But these things do seem quite typical of the deeply religious

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

He means HIS God would reward him. people do stupid thing for their god.

or maybe hes a Devil worshipper, killing his virgin daughter for a ritual!

she must have known it was going to happen if she said anything. maybe she wanted that rather than a more direct suicide.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
There go those peace loving Muslims for ya again! Makes me sick!!

and I'm sure there really are peace loving Muslims out there, I just haven't met or heard about one yet.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
This man has gone straight to the devil, to hell.

Killing an innocent person, his DAUGHTER, and he is unrepentant.

It just shows you what happens when evil so-called religions brainwash people.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Somehow, I think the fact she fell in love with an enemy soldier had a lot to do with it.

The press can say what they want, but the fact is nobody welcomes foreign troops into their country that are there because they invaded.

Sorry, but this is a religious "law" issue - not an invasion issue.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
There go those peace loving Muslims for ya again! Makes me sick!!

and I'm sure there really are peace loving Muslims out there, I just haven't met or heard about one yet.

Let me know when the next Christian Lady drowns her 3 little kids in the bathtub... so I can say the samething...

There goes those peaceful joyful spreading god words loving Christians! :-)
edit on 6-11-2011 by MilzGatez because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Somehow I think that this man has deep, deep problems and has to "Stand on Others" so he doesnt have to face the issues inside him. One of them being He Is A Murderer and thinks it is ok. The crazy part is that In the Name of God, He plays God !! Thanks op s/f

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo
[mor

A religious 'law' issue?

This is murder.

And this is murder of his own daughter.

Again, I say that so-called religion is leading us all to the end of the world.

How can you justify this so-called religious 'law' with the murder of a young girl, who had all her life ahead of her, and her own father, backed by 'religious law' murders her.

"Religious law' is crap.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Such twisted logic that love would bring shame on his family but murdering his daughter brings blessing. People need to stop doing things for God. God doesn't need you to do anything for him...he's God, if he wan't something done then let him do it.
edit on 6-11-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

The crucial difference, is, christians killing kids is always an isolated incident, and condemned by all people and relatives of the perpetrator when it happens.
These acts have widespread support of other Iraqi muslims, even the police (!), it is their culture. Apples and oranges.

edit on 6/11/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by MilzGatez

The crucial difference, is, christians killing kids is always an isolated incident, and condemned by all people and relatives of the perpetrator when it happens.
These acts have widespread support of other Iraqi muslims. Apples and oranges.

Sorry man, but Christians don't really have a good track record themselves when it comes to killing people in the name of God, let's just agree what this guy did was wrong, we can even agree that he did it for what he believed his Muslim faith wanted him to do.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

You say that murdering his daughter brings blessing.

You are down there with him.

How disgusting.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

How disgusting.

Can you not read?

You seriously think that's what I said?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

reply to post by spinkyboo
[mor

A religious 'law' issue?

This is murder.

And this is murder of his own daughter.

Again, I say that so-called religion is leading us all to the end of the world.

How can you justify this so-called religious 'law' with the murder of a young girl, who had all her life ahead of her, and her own father, backed by 'religious law' murders her.

"Religious law' is crap.

What is making you think I am justifying anything. Yikes!
I was stating that this was a religious issue - and nothing to do with a political invasion.
This is their religious "law". Yikes again.
Of course it's murder. Of course it is barbaric.
Of course it is the lowest of lows.
Yikes one more time.
edit on 6-11-2011 by spinkyboo because: removing an n

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Thank you and well said!!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom

How disgusting.

Can you not read?

You seriously think that's what I said?

I think someone is having a difficult time understanding.
That someone is having the same difficult time with me.
I know what you said.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join