It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"My daughter deserved to die for falling in love"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Sorry, people,

For not reading your posts properly.

I just read the thread title, and went ballistic.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

That's ok, it happens.

This story makes me angry too, so I understand where you're coming from as far as that goes. Maybe I should have made myself more clear about how disgusted I am at what he did instead of just saying he had twisted logic, in hindsight that really isn't saying enough about how I feel.
edit on 6-11-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
How does one become so brainwashed that they could kill their own children?

Words just fail me on this... civil ones anyway.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

About this article

'My daughter deserved to die for falling in love' This article appeared on p8 of the Main section of the Observer on Sunday 11 May 2008. It was published on guardian.co.uk at 18.26 BST on Sunday 11 May 2008. It was last modified at 16.11 GMT on Wednesday 2 November 2011. It was first published at 00.02 BST on Sunday 11 May 2008.

so this is 3 years old incident that resurfaced 4 days ago and modified , i wonder
, i bet it will surface again in the future for people to make another thread about how islam is .

let me clarify one thing , and that is there is no honor killing allowed in islam , no one is allowed to judge anyone on his own , there is a judge and he and only he can make judgments not people , so this guy made a mistake and a very big one that contradicts with sharia , the man said with his own words that it was honor killing and it does not mean in any way that its according to sharia law .

one more thing to add is that i do not like what he did ,im a muslim and im angry and disgusted as every one of you here , i have two daughters and i can not imagine my self doing the same thing to them , i would hope that GOD cuts off my hands and legs before even thinking of doing some thing like that to them or even for less than that.

so its not about islam , its about a disgusting culture thats all.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2011 by Dr UAE because: typo again

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE

About this article

'My daughter deserved to die for falling in love' This article appeared on p8 of the Main section of the Observer on Sunday 11 May 2008. It was published on guardian.co.uk at 18.26 BST on Sunday 11 May 2008. It was last modified at 16.11 GMT on Wednesday 2 November 2011. It was first published at 00.02 BST on Sunday 11 May 2008.

so this is 3 years old incident that resurfaced 4 days ago and modified , i wonder
, i bet it will surface again in the future for people to make another thread about how islam is .

let me clarify one thing , and that is there is no honor killing allowed in islam , no one is allowed to judge anyone on his own , there is a judge and he and only he can make judgments not people , so this guy made a mistake and a very big one that contradicts with sharia , the man said with his own words that it was honor killing and it does not mean in any way that its according to sharia law .

one more thing to add is that i do not like what he did ,im a muslim and im angry and disgusted as every one you here , i have two daughters and i can not imagine my self doing the same thing to them , i would hope that GOD cuts off my hands and legs before even thinking of doing some thing like that to them or even for less than that.

Thank you!!! Now I have "met" one!!

edit on 6-11-2011 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Hi Dr,

Can you please enlighten me here?

I thought Islam was about deaths (I will not call them honour - they are SHAME).

So, what religion, please tell me, allows murdering your own children? Because you believed they have shamed you?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

There is a BIG difference!

In the case of a other drowning her kids, its not done because of religion, honor or whatever. She's just plain crazy, everybody condemns the act and she will be punished.
Nobody congratulates her etc. etc.

I don't see how you can compare the two different kinds of murder.

Have you ever herd anyone say a mother killing her kids is a good thing?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

one more thing to add is that i do not like what he did ,im a muslim and im angry and disgusted as every one you here , i have two daughters and i can not imagine my self doing the same thing to them , i would hope that GOD cuts off my hands and legs before even thinking of doing some thing like that to them or even for less than that.

Thank you for your post and for sharing your point of view.

I was just about to bring it forward this article is rehash and revamped and old. It doesn't make honor killing any more acceptable, but, we don't need this kind of negative propaganda either - anytime - but especially not right now with the climate in the Middle East.

'I am your hope, I am your truth, I am your faith, I'm your Youth' 'Sami Yusuf

PEACE

edit on 6-11-2011 by silo13 because: bbc doinky

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

as i said in my post its not allowed , no where in sharia that says you have a right of killing your own child for honor , you see before islam took over in arabia men used to be ashamed when their wifes brought girls , that they used to bury them alive , but when islam came this brutality was stopped and was called a crime nad ever since it has never happened again .

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Thank you, Dr,

Thank you so much for your reply.

But I am still trying to see where it is OK to murder your daughter. But is NEVER RIGHT BY BUDDHA, JESUS, or GOD.

So, could someone tell me where it is OK to murder your daughter?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

thanx and so did i

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

it has never been ok and never will be ok to kill your own child with or with out a religion , i can not understand how can someone kill his own child with his own hand ,it makes me sick and want to throw up just by thinking about it, its unacceptable , it happiness only by those that are less than animals for i have not seen an animal kill its own child.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
So,

This man murdered his daughter because of his belief?

Everyone has agreed that it is not right, and yet, this man murdered his daughter because of some belief.

What belief was that?

And this man believed in some religion?

This man murdered his daughter because she went against his belief.

God help him, and her.

What a stupid reason.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
If religion runs this deep in the hearts of many in the Middle East, that some would murder their child to restore 'honor', what hope is there really for peace between nations????

Any????

edit on 6-11-2011 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
God will judge his soul and all who stood by and allowed it to happen, it won't be a good day for them, they'll pay for eternity. Are you familiar with a blessing to a curse? I bless the father and fellow murderers and leave it to God.

It reminds me of Christ stopping the stoning of a woman, this horrible murder shows the difference between Christianity and Islam.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE

About this article

If this contradicts Sharia and is not allowed in Islam, then why is it so widespread? You point out that this is an old story but it is not like this is an isolated incident. I went to school with an Egyptian guy whose sister was stabbed to death by the father because he found out she had a boyfriend. The father had committed her to an arranged marriage and he saw this as such an insult he stabbed her 32 times.

Worse still, the father was never convicted of this crime despite it happening in Australia where there are no excuses accepted for this barbaric behaviour. The only witness was the son, who was also injured trying to shield his sister as their father murdered her. He was going to testify against his father but in the end the pressure from the family was too much and he gave in and left the country before the trial. Had he testified the family was going to kill him for dishonering the father.

To say "so its not about islam , its about a disgusting culture thats all" is contradictory. Islam is not just a religeon it controls all aspects of its followers life and seeks to conbtrol all aspects of everyones life. It is a religeon, a political movement, a legal system, an entire culture.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

If this contradicts Sharia and is not allowed in Islam, then why is it so widespread?

Islam is not at all homogenous, and there are conflicting views on the interpretation of their holy texts. Unfortunately, the extremist interpretations are really widespread, to the point of often being the norm among self-described muslims. "Extremist minority, moderate majority" paradigm that many non-muslims consider to be true is not substantiated in reality, IMHO.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Those people who killed that innocent girl should have been shot on the spot for what they did. This is very sad and makes you angry at the same time. It shows how certain religions can cause more harm than good and control people with belief systems. These are the people who don't deserve freedom until they are ready to love and accept. This almost sounds like a horror storie from a movie but its in real life. And those cops should have been shot on the spot for there attitudes towards the girl. Too bad i wasent around, im sure i could have saved here life with out harming no one including here.
So what should we do to stop these silly belief systems from killing other innocent people? Drop some bombs? send them to concentration camps to be annualized and filtered according? or to send them love and knowledge!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The people in that region(middle east) have been killing there kids for centuries, the Canaanites used to burn their kids alive as a sacrifice to their false pagan gods. Eventually the real God saw that they were wiped out for those evil actions.
The same is coming for people like this guy, and his false god won't save him.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Is there a chance this story could be fake? My first reaction is denial. How could people be so cruel and ignorant? Do these people have no concept of free will?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join