It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An experience (explosion in head) -Exploding Head Syndrome? Your thoughts?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

Would love to share this event which happened night before last: I wish to have your opinion and thoughts on the matter.

Was lying down, comfortably upon my bed, thinking normal thoughts. I wasn't aware of any nervousness going on /stress level seemed fine. Was thinking of a plant outside that I needed to bring in from the cold when all of a sudden, I heard a zaaAAAP which grew in intensity until it was a huge explosion. The explosion was tremendous with all the reverb: It was so loud: I reacted with a bodily jerk/jump- for it caught me off guard.... Happened around midnite. There was no pain involved in my head or anything such. It was verY strange....and I knew this was all inside of my head, not external.

Immediately came to ATS, and researched to learn all I could about this explosion in my head , and came across the "Exploding Head Syndrome".... www.abovetopsecret.com...

I had never heard of EHS until my experience led me to search it out. Some wild stuff here!

... Am assuming I have nothing to worry about..and there are theories as to the causes of this. The only thing I can think of that was out of the norm is maybe I had slight sleep deprivation? I honestly do not have an answer but I would sure love to know what other diagnosis it could be if this wasn't EHS...

I would really appreciate your thoughts. What you think causes these EHS symptoms? If you have experienced this, please let me hear from you.

LOL right away, I thought, wow did I just hear the firing synapsis of my brain neurons? lol.. .I wasn't scared or heart didn't race that I recall ...no panic ...but that explosion was HUGE, talk about surround sound!!! lol It just made me jump like if someone jumped out and scared you.

Thanks in advance all---
I certainly appreciate all of you- bright brains out there!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I've had that happen to me before, or at least something like it.

..but I'm on Wellbutrin and Teva - Trazadone and apparently they make you feel weird things up in the ol' noggin!

I wish you luck in figuring it out what it was - have you experienced anything like hallucinations or feeling a sense of deja vu after the fact? Anything out of the ordinary?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's actually quite common but what causes EHS is unknown. This was actually brought up in one of my Anatomy & Physiology classes a few months ago. Apparently you have nothing to worry about but have you been stressed or unusually fatigued lately as it's thought to be connected to both. There's also speculation that the cause could be minor seizures in the temporal lobe or a shift of components in the middle ear. I'm sure that it's initially distressing as you have no idea what happened or why but, as stated, the syndrome is completely harmless.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hmmm, I thought I was partially going insane until I read your post.

I've had this happen 3 times to me over the course of 10 years or so.

Every time, I am in bed trying to goto sleep.

Before the bang, you feel like you can hear something, its kind of a like a whurring, very short lived.
Then BOOM. You hear an A-bomb go off.

The very first time this happened to me, I got up and asked my mom and others in the house what had just happened. No one knew what I was talking about, For how loud it was they must have heard it right? no, I guess it was just in my head.

It happened again a couple years later, same type of deal. This time no asking anyone if they heard anything.

And just recently a few nights ago it had happened again. The last one didn't seem to be as pronounced as the other 2 experiences I've had.

Ive always wondered what is going on with me and why I am hearing this Bomb go off in my head.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by princessgrey

Hi thanks for the reply...I realize I am not alone

I understand that meds can cause this experience. But I have not heard if thyroid medication could eventually do this. This is the only medication I am on... Levothyroxine...

To answer, no , no other type hallucinations! .didn't have a headache...Have not noticed anyhing out of the ordinary thus far.

Appreciate ya!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Electromagnetic radiation is a possibility. This is how EMF sounds like.

edit on 5-11-2011 by truthbet0ld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
It's actually quite common but what causes EHS is unknown. This was actually brought up in one of my Anatomy & Physiology classes a few months ago. Apparently you have nothing to worry about but have you been stressed or unusually fatigued lately as it's thought to be connected to both. There's also speculation that the cause could be minor seizures in the temporal lobe or a shift of components in the middle ear. I'm sure that it's initially distressing as you have no idea what happened or why but, as stated, the syndrome is completely harmless.

Appreciate the reply claire,
Maybe you are right.. at first thought , I was only a little sleep deprived...but as of recent, it has only been a month..my mom passed. Maybe I was stressing subconciously but my mind and body were calm at the time lol?
I DO have chronic ear probs but had never experienced thIS until night before last.
I hope it's nOt any type of seizure.... I WILL make mention to doc next time I go..
Crossing fingers it's harmless! and it didn't happen again last night, so phewwwww!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthbet0ld
Electromagnetic radiation is a possibility. This is how EMF sounds like.

edit on 5-11-2011 by truthbet0ld because: (no reason given)

Yep it was like that sound ...
and once it reached this higher frequency is when the explosion came.

The EMF radiation is a gr8 theory also. A very real possibility.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Spontaneous Kundalini Awakening

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Technology exists to use a infrared or UV laser to cook peoples brains without them knowing it. Maybe give them cancer if its not held on long enough.

Somebody far away could use a Thermal Imaging camera could see you laying in your bed inside your home....dial in the scope and fire....

F-22 has an offensive laser that might be able to pinpoint that small....who knows. It's classified.

We're at a point in technology where it is very easy to decide who lives on Earth...and who goes bye bye.

Japan...China....Russia....America....Germany.....many countries could have assets in space able to start Judgement Day. They already figured out how to have a fluctuation mirror to account for atmospheric degradation and to reform the laser point far far away.

Maybe that's how the Zombie Apocalypse will occur. Lobotomy's with directed energy. Everybody knows its not just Santa with a Naughty List anymore....and people have the means to do away with people on those lists.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by youwouldknow
Hmmm, I thought I was partially going insane until I read your post.

You are not alone, my friend... I just joined the crowd lol

I've had this happen 3 times to me over the course of 10 years or so.

Glad to know it doesn't always happen often!

Every time, I am in bed trying to goto sleep.

Before the bang, you feel like you can hear something, its kind of a like a whurring, very short lived.
Then BOOM. You hear an A-bomb go off.

I feel ya! I couldn't believe the reverb on what I was hearing..and.It just blows my mind that it was all in my head !and realized this at the time.

The very first time this happened to me, I got up and asked my mom and others in the house what had just happened. No one knew what I was talking about, For how loud it was they must have heard it right? no, I guess it was just in my head.

Again, the difference is that I did realize the sound I was hearing was internal.

Ive always wondered what is going on with me and why I am hearing this Bomb go off in my head.

Wild stuff! Again, this is alllll new to me lol. I wonder too!

Appreciate the share!!!! May we find our answers... do we need EM protection????

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Are you taking any SSRI's such as Effexor or Lexapro? When I stopped taking Effexor abruptly I experienced the weirdest sensation as if my brain was shivering and it would come on with a "swooshing" sound. It was REALLY unsettling. I found out years later that it was called SSRI discontinuation syndrome.

I do wish you the best and hope that does not happen again. Sounds scary.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think you may have answered your own question....stress. Consciously you may believe all is well but the loss of a loved one has long ranging psychological effects. If you don't mind I'd like to suggest relaxing music or a hot bath before bed to help you relax. Process of elimination - catch up on your sleep, reduce what stress you can & have control over. From what I learned from Dr Kaptinov this syndrome usually resolves itself &, although startling, has no long term effects.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

No SSRI's. Thanks for jumping in, Only taking the med Levothyroxin.
Sorry you had a time with withdrawal and got straightened out.. bless your heart..

Appreciate ya & your well wishes

Back at ya !

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I've had it happen to me as well, just before going to sleep. I had just started to nod off then all of a sudden, BOOM, like a bunch of trucks had suddenly crashed in my room.
The loudness of it is hard to describe!
It didn't really scare me either since I had heard about EHS before, but it was a little startling!
It seems that sleep deprivation caused it for me, but I do also have a history of ear problems.
It's too bad it's such a random event, it would be really interesting to get fMRI scans of the brain while it's happening.
By the way, does anyone else think exploding head syndrome is an awesome name for a syndrome?
It sounds like a band name or something.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

Bless you Claire,
What you said is sO true...the death of a loved one has more far reaching implications than one can imagine..
You are right!
Thank you and I will give it a try (R&R) and take your suggestions to heart....
Thank you from the depths of my heart.... I can tell you are one caring individual...
Appreciate ya

--off topic:
Love that SIG!! lmbo!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrithr
I've had it happen to me as well, just before going to sleep. I had just started to nod off then all of a sudden, BOOM, like a bunch of trucks had suddenly crashed in my room.
The loudness of it is hard to describe!
It didn't really scare me either since I had heard about EHS before, but it was a little startling!
It seems that sleep deprivation caused it for me, but I do also have a history of ear problems.
It's too bad it's such a random event, it would be really interesting to get fMRI scans of the brain while it's happening.
By the way, does anyone else think exploding head syndrome is an awesome name for a syndrome?
It sounds like a band name or something.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Definitely startling! I agree

yes!!! that would be really interesting to have this experience scanned!! I want to know exactly what is happening in there

And btw,
I dO believe there is a band named "Exploding Head Syndrome" ..Found that as I was researching my experience...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

You're quite welcome Lou! Don't want to have you stressing or suffering when there may not been any reason for it but certainly mention it to your PCP so he/she can eliminate the possibility of something serious going on. I don't reply to many threads at all but if I can add a helpful 2 cents I will.
Hopefully that was a 1st & last for you!

As for the sig....thanks! I soooooo detest that man!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitsuzen

hi Hitsuzen,

Came across the kundalini awakening in my research of symptoms...but the EHS sounded like an easier diagnosis...lol

Was wondering if the kundalini awakening can happen to ANYone, regardless of their faith??

If you have easy understanding links.... that would be gr8. This one site I went to the other night had a list... and it was almost too funny... Many symptoms could be other things -seemed out there a bit. So I am a bit skeptical but I do keep an open mind and would love to have a better understanding.

Thank you for the reply.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Technology exists to use a infrared or UV laser to cook peoples brains without them knowing it. Maybe give them cancer if its not held on long enough.

Somebody far away could use a Thermal Imaging camera could see you laying in your bed inside your home....dial in the scope and fire....

F-22 has an offensive laser that might be able to pinpoint that small....who knows. It's classified.

We're at a point in technology where it is very easy to decide who lives on Earth...and who goes bye bye.

Japan...China....Russia....America....Germany.....many countries could have assets in space able to start Judgement Day. They already figured out how to have a fluctuation mirror to account for atmospheric degradation and to reform the laser point far far away.

Maybe that's how the Zombie Apocalypse will occur. Lobotomy's with directed energy. Everybody knows its not just Santa with a Naughty List anymore....and people have the means to do away with people on those lists.

Thank you for thIS reply.
How true, how far this has gone.
It's all very scary -all the high tech , weaponry and all....

You are probably 100% correct for all I know.

... Zombie Apocalypse...and Labotomy's!
God help us...

.again, appreciate the reply!

I realize a lot of things are possible... I just hope it was ONLY my OWN brain doing it--misfiring or something lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join