It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions About OWS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I wanted to take a moment to try and understand the logic of the "99%" So I have a couple of questions that I am hoping can be answered without to much animosity.

1. Today I have been notified by email and fliers etc as the International Quit your Bank Day Nov 5th 2011... I am just curious if you planned this date in advance? I have an issue with this whole concept as it is being held on a Saturday. So is this the International lets talk about quitting our bank day? There are very few banks actually open on Saturday, so if I didn't already belong to a credit union and actually wanted to quit how could I?

2. What is with the drums? I mean this is something that I just want to know on a personal level. Is it just a tribal thing and if so to what purpose? Are you stating you are a tribe or native to the area? I just don't get the Bongo drum thing. Not only are they annoying and aggravating but they serve no purpose as far as I can ascertain. Ironically enough when I hear them it reminds me of Gilligans Island when the Natives or headhunters were on the Island.

3. Why is that when I try and talk to anyone that is a member of the OWS movement that I[ am either deemed part of the 1% that I am clearly not as I probably have less money then some of the trust fund babies that are protesting. Or I am told, the sacrifice of the few is for the greater good of the many. These are words typically used by governments when they have killed a bunch of innocent people and they are trying to appease the masses that want to know why. So are you stating that you are an Army not a movement for the 99%? If I am not with you then I am against the 99%? Have you ever noted how eerily similar this is to movies like tha Matrix, Minority Report, Equilibrium, or numerous other movies about Dystopian societies. Where everyone is supposed to be the same?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I've been trying to make sense of the occupy craze myself. To me it seems that everyone is just showing their displeasure with the current situation, but not giving clear specifics of what they actually want to accomplish.

To me its disheartening to see so many people band together to protest against banks, but not war, freedom killing laws, animal cruelty, deforestation etc.

until the occupy movement makes a coherent statement AS 99%, and not 99% all talking at the same time. Then it will remain confusing to me.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Why do you keep re-posting this same thread? If you really had a question it would have been answered in one of the many threads you posted with the same title. Give it up already.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
I've been trying to make sense of the occupy craze myself. To me it seems that everyone is just showing their displeasure with the current situation, but not giving clear specifics of what they actually want to accomplish.

To me its disheartening to see so many people band together to protest against banks, but not war, freedom killing laws, animal cruelty, deforestation etc.

until the occupy movement makes a coherent statement AS 99%, and not 99% all talking at the same time. Then it will remain confusing to me.

Lets try something constructive here:

How about giving an example of a way for them to combine all of their complaints into one coherent thought for you to get behind them?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

I didn't repost the same thread? Maybe don't assume and actually do some research? I have posted 2 threads about OWS?........

Actually I went back to check I posted 3 total.

1. To Support the movement as they have the right to protest and the Oakland stuff pissed me off.
2. About the fact that OWS movement was affecting there own 99% with the layoff
3. This one..
edit on 11/5/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

even if they do combine their message into something coherent doesn't necessarily mean i'll get behind them. And since im not currently behind them, I don't care enough to offer up a solution for them

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You know I figured I would get a lot of rhetoric but I didn't expect no answers at all
Maybe you are all out protesting

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
SIGH.
gotta love the SHILLS and SNAKES who are coming on here playing dumb acting like a common folk in attempts to push the propaganda that they dont "get" the movement and then ridicule it with little "key" words in their posts.

If you REALLY dont understand the movement, and are REALLY that IGNORANT still, I feel very badly for you.

Which is it, SNAKE or banking SHILL?

I am curious which you are.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

I don't know I was just thinking the same thing about you

So which are you the snake or the shill?

Me personally I am just an average American who makes a low end salary, has been screwed over by the same banks, the same government, and even have a student loan
Yet I still disagree with you

Now Imagine that

Oh and wanted to add this i see you joined what 2 months ago and I been on here for almost a year so who just popped up to talk smack?
edit on 11/5/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join