It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had a visitor the other night

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Light soul

I was thinking due to your numerous uneasy feelings waking up and thinking your jacket was someone standing in your room, that subconsciously it was becoming engrained in the back of your mind. It could have played a role in creating an image of this being playing on the color of your jacket. (I can't tell from the picture but is your jacket blue?). Although you felt you overcame your startling fear of seeing your jacket, subconsciously the fear was still their and it came out in the form of an intense dream.

That being said, you sound credible and I'm not trying to say what you saw was all in your mind. Just thought I would throw out what I was thinking when I was reading your experience. Do you think this could be a possibility?

I couldn't make out the small circles spaced apart on your sheets. Maybe the photo doesn't show enough detail.

I hope you can find an answer for this. I know I or anyone else would probably have the same trouble sleeping if we were in your shoes.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by Light soul

I can tell you're genuinely shocked from the whole experience. I'm trying to come up with logical explanations..but I'm guessing they'd be dismissed if you're saying what you saw.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
Interesting event..

Your drawing looks familiar. Did the visitor look like this?

No, it didn't look like that.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I had a similar kind of experience in the early 80s.

I was asleep and having a pretty strange dream, when a high pitched falsetto type male voice came into my dream, calling my nickname. (Similar to when someone wakes you up and it comes into the dream)

I awoke to find there was a crouching figure beside the bed.

It closely resembled the Golem character from the original animated Lord of the rings movie.

It was extremely thin, like loose skin stretched over a skeleton, with large bulging eyes, and a sucked-in mouth as though it had no teeth. It's almost bald head had a few strands of hair hanging down here and there, and it just crouched there with it's arms clasped around it's knees.

There was a streetlamp outside the window, and the light shone upon it as if it was solid.

I rubbed my eyes, and pinched myself until I could bear the pain no longer, but I was definitely awake.

As it was obvious this was no ordinary everyday occurrence, I refrained from speaking to it, as I didn't want it to disappear at the sound of my voice, so I attempted to telepathically communicate with it, asking questions such as, 'Who are you?, why are you here?, why me?' etc...., but no reply was forthcoming.

Eventually I got a 'thought' saying 'Just get a good look, you b*stard'.

Then we just continued to stare at eath other for a couple of minutes more, before it broke up into patches of blurry substance floating in mid air, which then stretched like lines across the room before the lines went throught the opposite wall of the bedroom and disappeared, leaving me puzzled and bewildered.

I didn't feel scared in the least during the experience, though I do remember trying, as this was the only feeling I could relate to in that stuation.

I was about 22/23 at the time so this was not some vague childhood dream or anything like that, but ti was very strange.

The whole thing must have lasted about 5 minutes all together, and I have tried to make some kind of sense of it ever since.

I was going through a pretty traumatic time though, and there was a great deal of anger and aggression in my life at the time, so I have gnerally come to the conclusion that the energy generated in me due to these circumstances somehow created a thought form which manifested as this strange creature by the bed.

Anyway, that's my experience, and I'm sharing it.

I don't care if anyone believes me as I know it happened.

Hope it's interesting anyway: )
edit on 4-11-2011 by Illegal Alien because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2011 by Illegal Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I was going to say sleep paralysis, but you were able to move and open your eyes right up until a certain point, so it probably wasn't that, and since your wife heard you and woke up, i assume she saw you sitting up on the bed.

If you see the coat there you get used to it, and you know what it looks like. I have no doubt that you saw what you did, of course it could have been something to do with your brain being half asleep and half dream state, but i mean, if it happens again, document it, and do not be afraid this time and talk to it, see if it talks back.

Try meditation, and try to contact it that way if you believe that he meant no harm, if he did you would be hurt, and im sure they were contacting you for a reason, i wish i would bee a benevolent alien
So many questions
so little ETs to ask.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

I was thinking due to your numerous uneasy feelings waking up and thinking your jacket was someone standing in your room, that subconsciously it was becoming engrained in the back of your mind. It could have played a role in creating an image of this being playing on the color of your jacket. (I can't tell from the picture but is your jacket blue?). Although you felt you overcame your startling fear of seeing your jacket, subconsciously the fear was still their and it came out in the form of an intense dream.

That being said, you sound credible and I'm not trying to say what you saw was all in your mind. Just thought I would throw out what I was thinking when I was reading your experience. Do you think this could be a possibility?

I couldn't make out the small circles spaced apart on your sheets. Maybe the photo doesn't show enough detail.

I hope you can find an answer for this. I know I or anyone else would probably have the same trouble sleeping if we were in your shoes.

My Jacket is grey. I really wish this was a dream but my gut and my eyes are telling me its real.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Not to beat a dead horse but.....I understand some of the posters here telling this person that they BELIEVE what this poster describes because of how his FEAR reads as a TRUE RESPONSE....and not something made up....that is not helping....even if it is KIND SUPPORT of a person in need.

Fear is like a VIRUS. It transfers from person to person and grows STRONGER as it does so. It is also a greater threat than any actual physical harm that could come to you. I have seen a person so permeated with fear that they were less afraid of DYING than FACING THE ONCOMING FEAR.

Everyone is afraid of something....with me....it is Tornados....and Roage Waves....as I feel there is nothing I can do about them....and for the most part it is true....but your chances of survival are a hell of alot better confronting anything that scares you in a calm collective thinking manner....than in a manner of being paralized by your fear.

Besides....whats the worst thing that can happen? Everybody dies. It is just how and when and how a person faces it. Once you accept this....alot of things you thought you could or would never try to do...become possible and even sometimes....ENJOYABLE! KICK THIS THINGS ASS! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldhand
Must say, it gave me the creeps as well reading through this.

Have a few questions, did it feel like an out of body experience? any symbols/ patterns on the body? was the 'skin' blue itself i.e. no clothing
edit on 4-11-2011 by coldhand because: (no reason given)

Forgot to answer your other questions, sorry. Couldn't see any symbols although the entire thing was blue apart from its eyes and hair. It was also wearing a blue top similar to a wetsuit type fitting thing although it was the same colour as the skin and i could only see the neck round bit of it and the bottom of it where it met the pants, thats how i could tell it was wearing something. Didn't see any sleeves though.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Not to beat a dead horse but.....I understand some of the posters here telling this person that they BELIEVE what this poster describes because of how his FEAR reads as a TRUE RESPONSE....and not something made up....that is not helping....even if it is KIND SUPPORT of a person in need.

Fear is like a VIRUS. It transfers from person to person and grows STRONGER as it does so. It is also a greater threat than any actual physical harm that could come to you. I have seen a person so permeated with fear that they were less afraid of DYING than FACING THE ONCOMING FEAR.

Everyone is afraid of something....with me....it is Tornados....and Roage Waves....as I feel there is nothing I can do about them....and for the most part it is true....but your chances of survival are a hell of alot better confronting anything that scares you in a calm collective thinking manner....than in a manner of being paralized by your fear.

Besides....whats the worst thing that can happen? Everybody dies. It is just how and when and how a person faces it. Once you accept this....alot of things you thought you could or would never try to do...become possible and even sometimes....ENJOYABLE! KICK THIS THINGS ASS! Split Infinity

I think when he is talking about his fear, its fear of the unknown, i have the same issue. I am fearful of things that are unknown to me, it wasn't so much that the being wanted to scare him, it was his own mind scaring itself because this is unknown to it, and the unknown is scary at times,

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
I was going to say sleep paralysis, but you were able to move and open your eyes right up until a certain point, so it probably wasn't that, and since your wife heard you and woke up, i assume she saw you sitting up on the bed.

If you see the coat there you get used to it, and you know what it looks like. I have no doubt that you saw what you did, of course it could have been something to do with your brain being half asleep and half dream state, but i mean, if it happens again, document it, and do not be afraid this time and talk to it, see if it talks back.

Try meditation, and try to contact it that way if you believe that he meant no harm, if he did you would be hurt, and im sure they were contacting you for a reason, i wish i would bee a benevolent alien
So many questions
so little ETs to ask.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, that is my only option if i see it again. I will try speak to it although I did say to it "What do you want" although when i said that, I actually thought i was speaking to a burglar.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

LS....I wouldn't worry or be afraid of the GHOST....it's the LIVING that create problems!

Some people believe in Ghosts....some do not. I am not religious but I have seen some things...by way of my job...that will make a person question EVERYTHING that they have ever believed or built their concept of the Universe upon.

Don't be afraid if it is a Ghost...it was just a person like me or you....either in a state of limbo or simply a RECORDING of an action that replays every so often.

If what is effecting you is of a LIVING nature. There are ways to handle or discourage just about anything alive. The first step to taking control of the problem is to LOOSE YOUR FEAR and identify the problem.

If you find out that it has anything to do with E.T....unless you are prepared to do something drastic....you are pretty much screwed.

Find out what it is....then tell me...I will try to help. Split Infinity

It was not a Ghost. I have seen a Ghost before as i explained in my other reply to your previous post. I was a bit afraid when i saw the Ghost, but nothing compared to when i saw this thing. It scared the living daylights out of me. This was a real physical being but not of this world. Seeing the Ghost of another human I can comprehend in some way as I have seen so many humans before. But this thing. If only you knew. I can't get its face out of my head.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Interesting, to say the very least.....

Of course people make things up and confabulate all the time, I have no reason to doubt that you are telling the truth. We share, and I expect a good number of other members share, a common experience...

This happened to me in 1995 or thereabouts. I opened my eyes from a deep sleep - I wasn't dreaming, that I recall - and saw something alive next to my bed. It was about the size of a large toddler, and it was shimmery - animated. I couldn't make out any detail because it was somehow not coming through clearly, but I felt it was looking at me and that it was disguising itself. It gave the appearance of undulations of light refractions in a swimming pool, only on a much smaller scale: a little cluster of wispy white lights dancing everywhere.

(Funny how detailed our memories of these particular moments - an indelible snapshot of time.)

Like you, I didn't move. (While I'm familiar with common hypnagogic states, I feel certain this was NOT such an event.) I felt drugged in a way and was frozen in place, and it seems I had a frightened or horrified look on my face - but I wasn't really scared at all, which seems incongruent in retrospect. I wanted to see more; I wanted to know what was hiding behind the veil of shimmering whitish light. It was a visitor, I think, but not the same race you saw.

Then the light abruptly vanished, and I instantly sat up, feeling like I'd just had my morning coffee, perfectly awake and very curious to know what had just happened to me. I got up and got a drink of water, then went back to bed and off to sleep.

The next morning my young daughter, who had been sleeping next to me that night, woke up and told me "I had a dream there was a man in the room the last night." I thought about the encounter with the light (being?) as she continued to tell me about her "dream." She was afraid he'd see her watching him, she looked at him through squinted eyes as he moved about the room.

Of course the house was locked from the inside. That was one of the first things I checked.

And like you and probably a number of others reading this as well, I swear it happened.

With that said, now what? Do you consider yourself an "experiencer" (as I do myself - a so-called "ET" experiencer, that is), or an "abductee"? Are these visits interdimensional, solid, a hologram...? How does an experience like this figure into who you are, how you see yourself in the world, how you see the cosmos? Just some food for thought. Thank you so much for sharing your story

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

I wish I could dream.

That is a lot of details to notice in such a short time frame.

Only 1 eye adjusting after immediately coming out of a deep sleep, and even closing it again, and then reopening. A room that receives a small amount of light coming from outside, and through the blinds. All of that occurred within 10-15 seconds, and you were able to make out all of those fine details, yet you are leaning more toward the conclusion that you were awake, and not still in dreamland?

[color=EBFAFF]What I am most curious about, is why you would guess an age, and also what was it that caused you to determine that the age was probably 45 years?

First thought that comes to my mind, regarding the age of something that is not human, is thinking about animals. I have been around dogs my entire life, yet if an unfamiliar dog walks up to me, I cannot tell you how old is, and I would not even try. That is an animal that I am very familiar with. If a kangaroo came hopping through my backyard, "I wonder how old he is" would be one of the furthest questions from my mind.

[color=EBFAFF]An interesting story, nonetheless.

Because this thing didn't look like a kid or teenager and it didn't look like an old man when comparing its look to a human. That is the best i could describe it. In human years if you were to take a guess, 40 - 45.

And yeah, lots of details, but thats what i saw. You don't have to believe or not. But ill tell ya bro. Straight up, I saw this and i swear on everything my life i saw it. Pretty sure it wasnt a dream even though i wish it was a dream. Was pretty happy with my life just the way it was without having to experience this. Some may say its special, but when it actually happens, its bloody freaky and you kinda wish it didnt happen.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Light soul
I was lying down on my stomach with my face looking to the right in the direction of my wardrobe. Just about every time i wake up in the middle of the night I get a scare because of the way I hang my jacket on my wardrobe door and the display pillows that I put on my side dresser at night. While my eyes are adjusting it can look like someones standing there next to my bed and i get a fright and then I quickly realise that its just my jacket and pillows again. After the last few months i have gotten used to this so it doesn't really faze me much anymore.

sounds like you conditioned yourself inadvertently, even hypnotized. You were dreaming and your mind was playing tricks on you. The mind has an impish nature; it likes scaring others and itself

I'm not saying you're crazy but, as evidence of what I'm saying, the mind has gotten out of hand with people who are.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject

I was lying down on my stomach with my face looking to the right in the direction of my wardrobe. Just about every time i wake up in the middle of the night I get a scare because of the way I hang my jacket on my wardrobe door and the display pillows that I put on my side dresser at night. While my eyes are adjusting it can look like someones standing there next to my bed and i get a fright and then I quickly realise that its just my jacket and pillows again. After the last few months i have gotten used to this so it doesn't really faze me much anymore.

sounds like you conditioned yourself inadvertently, even hypnotized. You were dreaming and your mind was playing tricks on you. The mind has an impish nature; it likes scaring others and itself

I'm not saying you're crazy but, as evidence of what I'm saying, the mind has gotten out of hand with people who are.

After seeing this, I kinda wish i was crazy and that it was all just a dream or something like that. I really do. But as much as i try to dismiss this, i just can't. It happened, it was real and i still can't explain it or comprehend it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

LS....I wouldn't worry or be afraid of the GHOST....it's the LIVING that create problems!

Some people believe in Ghosts....some do not. I am not religious but I have seen some things...by way of my job...that will make a person question EVERYTHING that they have ever believed or built their concept of the Universe upon.

Don't be afraid if it is a Ghost...it was just a person like me or you....either in a state of limbo or simply a RECORDING of an action that replays every so often.

If what is effecting you is of a LIVING nature. There are ways to handle or discourage just about anything alive. The first step to taking control of the problem is to LOOSE YOUR FEAR and identify the problem.

If you find out that it has anything to do with E.T....unless you are prepared to do something drastic....you are pretty much screwed.

Find out what it is....then tell me...I will try to help. Split Infinity

It was not a Ghost. I have seen a Ghost before as i explained in my other reply to your previous post. I was a bit afraid when i saw the Ghost, but nothing compared to when i saw this thing. It scared the living daylights out of me. This was a real physical being but not of this world. Seeing the Ghost of another human I can comprehend in some way as I have seen so many humans before. But this thing. If only you knew. I can't get its face out of my head.

Sorry to quote the whole thing but I thought it was important. When you say...it is a pysical being not of this world....are you saying you believe it is an E.T. or do you have another thought? Split Infinity ps....I ask this because of the almost Human nature of your drawings.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I believe you and I have one question...

The night it happened, before you went to bed, do you remember anything that could have triggered this event to happen?

The reason I ask is this. I had a similar experience in my teens. At that time, I had this inflatable beer can that was always on my bed. The night in question, I woke up, much like you did, to see my girl friend (which wasn't there) crawl on my bed with vampire looks, white, fangs, red bloodshot eyes and all, she was coming for a kill, it was obvious and it froze me to death. Totally freaked me out. I yelled "NO" and kicked her off the bed with all my might. I sat in my bed for a while, breathless and finally gathered enough courage to look at the floor where she flew off. Only to see the plastic beer can...

It was the first night in my life that I had had pretty wild sex with this girl, prior to this event. So, something could have triggered your event as it did for me. And yes, it is still very real in my head, to this day. But I understand that it wasn't.

Hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

After seeing this, I kinda wish i was crazy and that it was all just a dream or something like that. I really do. But as much as i try to dismiss this, i just can't. It happened, it was real and i still can't explain it or comprehend it.

I see where AzureSky mentioned sleep paralysis–well that really is what it sounds like

sleepdisorders.about.com...

Sleep paralysis sounds unbelievable. You wake from sleep. As you lie in bed, you feel like someone is standing over you in the darkness. You try to move your head only slightly to take a subtle glance, but you can't. Someone -- something -- is surely holding you down. You attempt to struggle, to thrash your arms and legs, but you are frozen in place. Sheer panic washes over you as your paralysis lingers.

Though this may sound all too unreal, sleep paralysis is indeed a very real experience.

I’ve had it twice and both times it scared the bejesus out of me, even though the second time I knew what it was, I was still convinced while it was happening that there was an alien in the room.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I got the chills from reading your story.

I don't what I would do if I woke up and saw another thing in my room, I don't think I could be calm and ask "what do you want"

Did you fell at any point unable to move or subdued?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I have never experienced sleep paralysis, so not exactly sure of my opinion of it. I have read a few accounts of it though, which were basically what is in your post:

You try to move your head only slightly to take a subtle glance, but you can't.

..but that is not what he said in this OP.

As i said this i slowly started to raise my head and look up
He said he did raise his head at first. The inability to move, supposedly occurred a short time after. Wouldn't that particular detail completely rule out sleep paralysis?

......You don't have to believe or not. But ill tell ya bro. Straight up, I saw this and i swear on everything my life i saw it. Pretty sure it wasnt a dream even though i wish it was a dream......
I never said that I don't believe, that you believe what you saw. No need to repeat your own certainty. I was merely asking a couple questions.

Because this thing didn't look like a kid or teenager and it didn't look like an old man when comparing its look to a human. That is the best i could describe it. In human years if you were to take a guess, 40 - 45.
This still seems illogical to me. If you look at any living creature, and are positive that "this was not a human", then why would you immediately compare it to a human and guess it's age?

This was not human.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join