It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids give letter to homeowner who didn’t hand out Halloween candy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by smileypants

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Obviously 99%er's...

After all, aren't they entitled to it.

The greedy 1% kept all the candied apples to themselves.

Wow. That is not a connection. It's a mile-long stretch. Seriously, it stinks of old, miserly FART. Someone probably had just finished watching O'Reilly and this idea came to them as they were snacking on crackers and vienna weenies. Nobody with the busy and full life (eg. pack of roaming kids) would write a letter like this.

edit on 4-11-2011 by smileypants because: fix stuff

Way to take a swing at psychoanalysing me...

O'Reilly isn't on here yet. But I am getting my Snuggie on.

I am out of vienna weenies but this fruitcake is fabulous.

Oh yeah, why don't you get yourself a sense of humor.

I hear they are wonderful...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Reply to post by hypr2011

I thought the note the kids left was cute. I dont see it porytraying an entitled attitude just a naieve innocence. They arent jaded yet and dont know how the world works. I mean they're kids for christ sakes you cant read that much into the things they do.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Exactly. I stopped watching the news on tv a while ago, and the difference in my perceptions v.s. those of others is amazing. I'm not saying mine is better, but when you read the news online, you become really conscious of the source. Then there are cable news-loving- people who are shown pictures and given the context/opinions and there is no critical thinking involved. Recently, I've suggested to a few people that they check out forums for the under-reported news stories and it was like "how can you believe that stuff when it doesn't come from the networks??". :/ it's silly. And the Kardashian's being allowed to take this much media attention is a crime against humanity.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Obviously 99%er's...

Wow. That is not a connection. It's a mile-long stretch. Seriously, it stinks of old, miserly FART. Someone probably had just finished watching O'Reilly and this idea came to them as they were snacking on crackers and vienna weenies. Nobody with the busy and full life (eg. pack of roaming kids) would write a letter like this.

Way to take a swing at psychoanalysing me...

O'Reilly isn't on here yet. But I am getting my Snuggie on.

I am out of vienna weenies but this fruitcake is fabulous.

Oh yeah, why don't you get yourself a sense of humor.

I hear they are wonderful...

I thought my sense of humor was obvious and SPARKLING. I was talking about the author of the letter (when I said "it stinks of" and everything after). I should probably not be so vague and refrain from using the word "it" in place of a specific thing. So, oops... sorry for upsetting you. And I have nothing against snuggies.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smileypants

This lil bawsteds still wouldn't have got anything from me, if, indeed, a kid wrote it. The lady across the street raised hell because I wasn't on my stoop parceling out candy to mini- neanderthals that stand staring at you, sometimes, if they have gumption, grunt at you.
I reverse Halloween the day before, and take those silly plastic pumpkins of candy to the kids that are worth it. The ungrateful rude little sh!ts that haven't go the manners to say 'trick or treat' or especially, 'thank you' can go to hell.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
In have not given out candy in 20 years.

I give out quarters.

I never had any kids complain because they got money instead if candy.

Most loved getting the quarters because then they could buy anything they wanted instead of more candy.

Plus being a diabetic i don't need left over candy around the house to tempt me.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Eh - In my day we used to just toilet paper the front yard of people like that. These kids actually took the time to write a nice letter. Much nicer kids than the group I used to hang around with.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCounselor

This lil bawsteds still wouldn't have got anything from me, if, indeed, a kid wrote it. The lady across the street raised hell because I wasn't on my stoop parceling out candy to mini- neanderthals that stand staring at you, sometimes, if they have gumption, grunt at you.
I reverse Halloween the day before, and take those silly plastic pumpkins of candy to the kids that are worth it. The ungrateful rude little sh!ts that haven't go the manners to say 'trick or treat' or especially, 'thank you' can go to hell.

It seems like you have a certain worldview that causes you to not like kids, Halloween, candy, or ladies across the street. I really don't know what to say except... I'm sorry?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This letter has PARENT written all over it.
What kid knows how to use the word 'rectify' in the proper context?
I bet one of their parents is upset that their little angel didn't get anything, so they decided to write the letter.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Obviously 99%er's...

Wow. That is not a connection. It's a mile-long stretch. Seriously, this letter stinkers of old, miserly-person FART. Someone probably had just finished watching O'Reilly and this idea came to them as they were snacking on crackers and vienna weenies. Nobody with the busy and full life (eg. pack of roaming kids) would write a letter like this.

edit on 4-11-2011 by smileypants because: fixing stuff again

Or someone who had a party to go to or took their own kids out to trick or treat. Not everything is a nefarious plot by O'Reilly watchers.

Yes, you're right. I'll be fair to the potential "O'Rielly-watchers" and say that NOT ALL of them plot to leave letters on the doors of those who don't give out candy. AND O'Rielly watchers also do sometimes make candy apples for the neighborhood kids when they are home for the evening (even though that is not what I was talking about at all). Glad we cleared that up.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hypr2011

Thats not greedy, that just kids being kids and its kind of funny...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Too funny. The last two kids were brilliant. "oooh! You sneaky mommy!"

I notice more people each year in our neighborhood that don't hand out candy. I was grateful as a kid to get it at all and my parents the parents in that video clip--they did eat all my candy. I got, like, one piece week.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Not related, but funny:

This just goes to show how bratty kids are now days....I would have been smacked across the face for being such a crybaby.

Bravo the the last kid in the clip, he was diplomatic and handled it exactly as I would have in my childhood.

The two at the end just melt your heart...what cute little guys! I love their reasoning skills.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Did the really do this? Wow.... Some one go put a flaming bag of dog poo on these kids doors.

I never would have thought of writing such a letter... Where I come from, there is a rule. If you hand out candy you leave your porch light on. If not, you leave it off... So, you only go to the houses with porch lights on....

And I never had any problem with the houses that left their porch lights off. I always looked at it as a privilege... I never once felt that they owed me candy...

SPOILED.
edit on 4-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hypr2011

Think they're bad? Last Halloween (or the year before, I forget) I wanted to slap two or three kids for their "entitlement" beliefs. And this is in Norway...

Anyways, I took my kid and her uncle (who was eleven at the time) trick or treating where they got a good amount of candy. On the home front, we had a good supply of candy to hand out. When we returned home, all the candy we gave out were given. And for the most part, the kids who knocked said "Ok, thanks anyways" and went on their way. But roughly the last three kids that came, saw my kid and her uncle eat candy in the kitchen through the window where I heard them exclaim, "Look at that! They got candy! They lied to us!" with this real stupid look on their faces like we had just murdered puppies.
I went outside and said, "This is THEIR candy that they went trick or treating for, so you all may leave!". I heard them on their way out how we "ripped them off" and "lied to them".

Personally, I blame it on liberal upbringing. (No, not liberals bringing up kids, but kids not being taught manners and the likes.)

I just had to share. Next Halloween, the guy who got the letter should put out a dish of candy, but superglue all the candy to the bowl just to piss 'em off.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

I just had to share. Next Halloween, the guy who got the letter should put out a dish of candy, but superglue all the candy to the bowl just to piss 'em off.

You think like I do. Very nice.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have not handle candy in the last two years after the last time Halloween cost me over a hundred dollars. Our neighborhood used to be big on Halloween, when my children were younger, with hunted front yards displays and all kind of nice things, children from many counties were brought to the area just to see the displays and get treats, but things changed, after 2008 many people lost their homes in my area, a lot of empty houses still around, this year our street was completely dark not life around, still the area was full of children as usual but our neighborhood was just dark, many people just can not afford Halloween anymore.

Sad.
edit on 4-11-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

But the homeowner didn't deliver any candy, instead he posted the note on Kijiji saying he is looking for the author.

"Dear Children of Entitlement (and likely their parents)," starts the Kijiji post. "You have gone ahead and reminded me of why I do not want children, and why I weep for the future."

The homeowner says he was not home on Halloween and has bought a huge amount of candy, which he will enjoy with his friends on Saturday.

This is exactly true. I do weep for the future because the kids (or parents raising these kids believing they are entitled to things other people bought) will someday be grown up, leeching off of everybody else. They will also probably only suck off of the ones that have very little, not people who have too much without doing anything for it, like celebrities.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I wonder if the kids or the parents of these kids ever thought to look on the sexual preditor list?
Kansas City cops went to over 30 homes on the list and arrested 7 people.
The sexual preditors are not allowed to hand out candy and are to leave the porch light off on the night of Halloween.

So maybe this was exactly what the law says to do and this person was following the rules and now has a nasty letter in his mail box.
Someone should explain to the parents and the children that not everyone believes in this particular 'holiday'. It may just be against thier religion. Who the hell knows?

In our area there are two houses on the list and my grandkid will not be going there. But I am smart and look at the list of preditors every once in a awhile.
My next door neighbor has not handed out candy due to her religion for the last 15 years she has lived there.

On the other hand I counted 87 trick or treaters and spent 25 dollars on candy this year. We have some talking skulls and jack o lanterns and one spooky ghost at my home. I have always enjoyed Halloween and like to have kids enjoy the night. None of the kids were rude, and mostly all were of the younger ages. Only a few were what I would call old enough to give it up, but if they bother to dress up then I will give them candy until they are trick or treating with a walker!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Very well written for a bunch of kids. The spelling and punctuation would put a lot of us here on ATS to shame. Note the emphasis on not wanting apples, and specifically wanting chocolate. Hmmmmmm, I wonder how much a candy/chocolate company would pay for an article like this to be written.

What happened to "trick or treat". When I was a kid if you didn't treat, you got tricked, and the trick didn't involve anything like typing up a letter. Are Canadian kids that much more educated and diplomatic than any other Halloween observing nation's?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join