It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids give letter to homeowner who didn’t hand out Halloween candy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Most children can't wait to collect candy on Halloween night, but when homeowners don't had out treats some dire consequences can follow.

Some kids calling themselves Children of the Hood wrote a letter to one homeowner in Oshawa, Ont. explaining that he missed Halloween and left the letter in his mailbox. They write that the lady who used to own the house handed out candy apples, "but last night there were no candy apples. Come to think of it there was no candy at all from your home!"

ca.news.yahoo.com...

I am surprised about this, one thing the kids seem to be greedy wanting candy and they end up writing a letter to the home owner saying about no candy or anything, but it is the owners choice whether or not to buy candy.

Am I missing anything ?

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Anyone have the homeowners address? Im sending the guy a paintball gun for next halloween. Teach them damned whippersnappers a lesson about entitlements.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
WTF??????!!!!!!

Second...... WTF???????!!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It is somewhere in Oshawa Ontario, but they always seemed to have issues with well... many things since GM closed there.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm not surprised at all by this.

Kids these days seem to think the world owes them something. They have a rude awakening coming to them eventually.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Obviously 99%er's...

After all, aren't they entitled to it.

The greedy 1% kept all the candied apples to themselves.

link   
I set up my telescope and pointed it at jupiter. Gave the kids a REAL treat
plus they got candy

link   
Hilarious. I like that the letter is typed up. I expected crayons on construction paper.

Those are some seriously rude kids. What are their parents teaching them???

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
Hilarious. I like that the letter is typed up. I expected crayons on construction paper.

Those are some seriously rude kids. What are their parents teaching them???

That everyone owes them something, of course.

Hell, maybe the homeowner was attending Halloweeen black masses and child sacrifices.. have these little cretins no religious tolerance?!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hypr2011

I personaly find it cute that a few kids took time to write a letter, im pretty sure there wasent any treat on this letter.

If it would of been some of the kids from where i grew up, is house would have been wall to wall eggs and toilet paper.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Not related, but funny:

This just goes to show how bratty kids are now days....I would have been smacked across the face for being such a crybaby.

Bravo the the last kid in the clip, he was diplomatic and handled it exactly as I would have in my childhood.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

This seems like something a bored, older-person would do to just to create a controversy. And why is this in the news? I mean yahoo isn't rueters, but it surely is turning into a stupid blog site.
edit on 4-11-2011 by smileypants because: punctuation

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by smileypants

Its canadian news, we love to put cute little stories on instead of mass murderers and war pictures, we get the i wanna give ya a hug news up here eheh

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
isn't 3 garbage bags of candy enough. and it's trick or treat. they got tricked because they got no candy from that house.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
We stopped handing out Halloween candy when the "kids" became teenagers....I know people younger than me who didn't stop until they were 16/17.....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Obviously 99%er's...

Wow. That is not a connection. It's a mile-long stretch. Seriously, this letter stinkers of old, miserly-person FART. Someone probably had just finished watching O'Reilly and this idea came to them as they were snacking on crackers and vienna weenies. Nobody with the busy and full life (eg. pack of roaming kids) would write a letter like this.

edit on 4-11-2011 by smileypants because: fix stuff

edit on 4-11-2011 by smileypants because: fixing stuff again

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by smileypants

This seems like something a bored, older-person would do to just to create a controversy. And why is this in the news? I mean yahoo isn't rueters, but it surely is turning into a stupid blog site.
edit on 4-11-2011 by smileypants because: punctuation

There is no real news anymore. I mean do we really care about Kardashian and her gold digger wedding? I dont, but thats what Ive seen discussed all day.
All the news is these days are bobble heads telling you what you need to be concerned about and leaving out anything of real significance. I have no idea when it changed, but its all commentary and junk.. no real news or pertinent info.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by smileypants

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Obviously 99%er's...

Wow. That is not a connection. It's a mile-long stretch. Seriously, this letter stinkers of old, miserly-person FART. Someone probably had just finished watching O'Reilly and this idea came to them as they were snacking on crackers and vienna weenies. Nobody with the busy and full life (eg. pack of roaming kids) would write a letter like this.

edit on 4-11-2011 by smileypants because: fix stuff

edit on 4-11-2011 by smileypants because: fixing stuff again

Or someone who had a party to go to or took their own kids out to trick or treat. Not everything is a nefarious plot by O'Reilly watchers.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'm impressed that the kids would take the situation into their own hands.

However, I am quite disgusted in the letter they wrote, the fact that they don't appreciate the candy they already got anyways, or free will. What greedy little (insert inappropriate word here)!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
rofl that's awesome.

Did not see that coming. It's so serious that I can't help but laugh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join