It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B-27 Switchblade

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

Originally posted by 00mace
it wouldn't be the first time the milatary has made (or allowed to be made) a movie that is fiction but simply covers up a project. probably the most noteable off the top of my head is "breaking the sound barrer"

[edit on 20-4-2005 by 00mace]

O really? Bring forth atleast 3 movies that does this, and I'll be more than glad to say that the F/A-37 Talon is a real naval aircraft.

Shattered OUT...

i listed one. the problem witht he others is simply that the information that they cover up is still secret. so the ones that i could list are still open for speculation.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So in simpler terms, the aircraft aren't real, they are just mock ups thought up by the producers as marketing devices.

Yea, look, the F/A-37 Talon is not a real aircraft, it's just not, it's a aluminum mock up of what might be real but isn't, it's just for a movie nothing more.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Shattered,

As a small aside, I have finally seen a trailer for "Stealth". Looks like it could be quite a good film from the SFX side. I am sure from the story and dialogue side it will be awful.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
Shattered,

Do you have any links to the AX-17?

Surely it should be called the XA-17 or the YA-17 like the XF-32 and the YF-23?

Cheers

BHR

Since I don't think anyone answered you, here is a link that has a few interesting aircraft including the AX-17.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
Shattered,

As a small aside, I have finally seen a trailer for "Stealth". Looks like it could be quite a good film from the SFX side. I am sure from the story and dialogue side it will be awful.

Cheers

BHR

Yes.... yes it was.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I have to say that the plane footage was some of the best ive seen in a long time. as for the actors and anything that had to do with plot it was crap. I didn't have huge expectations of the movie and even my low ones where shattered...... Go see it for some cool CG of kick ass looking planes thats about it.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
I have to say that the plane footage was some of the best ive seen in a long time. as for the actors and anything that had to do with plot it was crap. I didn't have huge expectations of the movie and even my low ones where shattered...... Go see it for some cool CG of kick ass looking planes thats about it.

Well yes, it's a great techno-thriller... instead of talking... they blow stuff up... lol... great, near future technologies being imployed... that is just too cool. It's what I call the "Batman effect". Where it's so close and possible, but just slightly out of reach with today's reality... Pulse Detonation Engines, Implosion bombs, hypersonic fighters with varible forward-sweep wings yes sweep... check out the patent!, UCAV with AI, and even the refueler blimp (I believe proposed by Lockheed Martin)! ... i think that's it... ?

The movie kicked my Nerdism into high gear! Hee hee snort...

It doesn't need a plot or even a script... just show the near future tech in action and make it look real! A+ ... Activate Nerdism!

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Actually I think it just came out on DVD... now I need to rent it...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I've seen it advertised on play.com and been wondering whether its worth a punt. I always find them best for DVD's (or Play USA depending on which region you want)

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
I've seen it advertised on play.com and been wondering whether its worth a punt. I always find them best for DVD's (or Play USA depending on which region you want)

Isnt the A-17 attack plane supposed to replace the F-111, which one do you boyz think will be the one?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The F-111 was replaced by the F-15E a long time ago, the losing rival for this order was the tailless delta F-16E which later flew as the F-16XL.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i looked for the nova program about the thermal plastic. the conversion rate seems well "way to freekin high" but i the idea is solid. i wouldn't mind seeing some of this stuff. does anyone have a link to it?

and with the F/A-37 im still pretty sure that the aircraft exists in some form. no doubt most of the released photos were of the mockups (actors in the cockpit) but one of the reasons id like to put out was the production length of the movie and the sheer amount of time that the navy spent before comeing to people with information about the mockups. it seems to me that something the size of 2 f-18's wouldn't have much of a place on an aircraft carrier unless there was a very good reason. this is even more accute by the fact that the carrier was about to be deployed.

oh and shatterd, whats wrong with the example i gave. i can htink of one more "jet pilot" millatary funding showing how exelent our new f-86's were.

[edit on 23-11-2005 by 00mace]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Oh and the movie Stealth (just watched) also showcased Quantum Computing and Aeroelastic Wings! More great near future tecks!

Awesome...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Albermarle52
all UFO's are simply Air Force Aircraft.

Former Skunkworks CEO Ben Rich disagrees. He stated in a personal letter he believed there are both manmade and extra terrestrial UFOs !

Now that in itself isn't "proof". But you've got to admit if anyone would have insider info it would be him. I can't but help think if someone like him believes in ET UFOs, there is something to it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join