It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B-27 Switchblade

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

Alot of hate and stupidity.(Proven to be easily accomplished here on ATS).

Anyways, yea Ghost, we are talking about the AX-29, although I have never seen it referred to as the AX-29, I've seen it more commonly refered to the AX-17. I guess the AX-17 design must have been improved upon and redesignated as the AX-29.

O and yea that first aircraft is in my avatar, uhh, I think it's the F-119 Sentinel.

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 8-4-2005 by ShatteredSkies]

The only thing about the AX-29 that makes me wonder, is that I've never seem Forward Swept Wings combined with swing wing on an aircraft before. Shouldn't they have tryed it on an X-Plane, before going to a combat aircraft prototype?

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The other one on his Avatar (which is nicely designed by the way, shattered
) is the YF-23.

Personally I'm very sceptical that the 'AX-17' (could AX-29 be a mistake for the Grumman X-29 perhaps?) or this 'Sentinel' actually exist. Of course I cannot prove that they are false any more than someone else can prove that they are real, but going on how accurate previous guesses of 'black aircraft' have been (ie not at all) I don't buy it yet.

I don't doubt that the northrop 'switchblade' patent is genuine, nor do I doubt that the fictional F/A-37 is based directly upon it, I just think that this extremely enigmatic concept never reached the hardware stage.

edit;
This may be ridiculous but could it be possible that the patent was filed *for* the F/A-37 prop, rather than that prop being based on a real programme? I'm sure this theory could be very quickly dismissed by someone with better knowledge than I but it just occurred to me as I was making the initial post.

Also where doers the designation B-27 come from? It appears to be simply made up as it follows no sequence that I know of.

[edit on 12-4-2005 by waynos]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
The other one on his Avatar (which is nicely designed by the way, shattered
) is the YF-23.

Personally I'm very sceptical that the 'AX-17' (could AX-29 be a mistake for the Grumman X-29 perhaps?) or this 'Sentinel' actually exist. Of course I cannot prove that they are false any more than someone else can prove that they are real, but going on how accurate previous guesses of 'black aircraft' have been (ie not at all) I don't buy it yet.

I don't doubt that the northrop 'switchblade' patent is genuine, nor do I doubt that the fictional F/A-37 is based directly upon it, I just think that this extremely enigmatic concept never reached the hardware stage.

edit;
This may be ridiculous but could it be possible that the patent was filed *for* the F/A-37 prop, rather than that prop being based on a real programme? I'm sure this theory could be very quickly dismissed by someone with better knowledge than I but it just occurred to me as I was making the initial post.

Also where doers the designation B-27 come from? It appears to be simply made up as it follows no sequence that I know of.

[edit on 12-4-2005 by waynos]

Sorry, this is about as far as I go on the topic of "Is it real or not".

As far as I can say, the AX-29 was never put into Prototype production. The B-2 won the hearts of the american government.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I haven't really studied this thread, just dipped in occasionally and read whichever were the latest few posts so I wasn't trying to stir an argument on the subject, just posting my own current take on it all.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Shattered,

I am not sure if you replied or not to my question (sorry if you already have) but what are the planes on your avatar?

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
Shattered,

I am not sure if you replied or not to my question (sorry if you already have) but what are the planes on your avatar?

Cheers

BHR

Wait, you mean someone hasn't replied already? I recall seeing someone post, o well, the aircraft on my Avatar are as follows:
(From top to bottom)

1)F-35 JSF
2)Apparently the AX-17 Stealth
3)YF-23 BlackWidow II
4)B-2a Spirit Stealth Bomber

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Shattered,

Do you have any links to the AX-17?

Surely it should be called the XA-17 or the YA-17 like the XF-32 and the YF-23?

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
Another technology from the Luftwaffe engineers.

If Germany claimed its pre-1945 Patents back from the US, that would mean a HELL of lots of money, just think of the delta wings or the flying wings

The Flying wing wasn't a German invention. American engineer, John K. Northrop built the first flying wing in 1928. At that time, his company was called Avion. the Aircraft was a small 2 seat aircraft known as the Avion Model 1. This was a small single engin aircraft built mainly out of wood.

Tim

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
the navy screwed up agine they mannaged to have photos of the F-37 on a carryer. the photos were debunked with a story about it being a sony pictures (you ever heard of them?) movie titled stealth. just one educated mans opinion they #ed up and now there spending alot of money to fix it. key points to look at the pictures are the added man ducking the wing that isn't moveing in the new navy official release (wasn't there earlyer) and there are sevaral closeups of the cockpit showint the shoddy construction of the mockup (the mockup i belive was made after the real photos were taken to discredit them).

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
Another technology from the Luftwaffe engineers.

If Germany claimed its pre-1945 Patents back from the US, that would mean a HELL of lots of money, just think of the delta wings or the flying wings

The Flying wing wasn't a German invention. American engineer, John K. Northrop built the first flying wing in 1928. At that time, his company was called Avion. the Aircraft was a small 2 seat aircraft known as the Avion Model 1. This was a small single engin aircraft built mainly out of wood.

Tim

Actually the first successful flying wing aeroplane was flown in the UK in 1910, I posted a picture and a link about it on here a while back, another British pioneer proposed a 'flying wing ' of almost delta shape, a bit like a Vulcan bomber with pusher props (don't take that TOO literally) in the 1860's, only the lack of an internal combustion engine prevented its success, this was later proven by a powered model of the design produced by the science museum in London. They did this with quite a few of the pre-Wright designs to see just how far off the mark, or how close to success, these early pioneers were, there were a suprisingly high number of aircraft which actually worked given a suitable powerplant.

I think Jack Northrops success was in developing the modern conception of a flying wing with its cantilever structure and internal bracing which gives it a more 'pure' look than the early ones. What do they say, there's nothing new under the sun! Even the worlds first 'stealth fighter', even though it carried no such name at the time, was a German prototype of 1915 in which the regular type of canvass covering was replaced with clear transparent polyeurothane in order to avoid detection! Isn't aviation history just great?

edit to correct yet more cack-handed typing.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by waynos]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00mace
the navy screwed up agine they mannaged to have photos of the F-37 on a carryer. the photos were debunked with a story about it being a sony pictures (you ever heard of them?) movie titled stealth. just one educated mans opinion they #ed up and now there spending alot of money to fix it. key points to look at the pictures are the added man ducking the wing that isn't moveing in the new navy official release (wasn't there earlyer) and there are sevaral closeups of the cockpit showint the shoddy construction of the mockup (the mockup i belive was made after the real photos were taken to discredit them).

One day I will visit your planet, it seems to be a lovely place

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Omg, dude, did you hear about the new X-303, it's amazing.

It's this giant Space ship that is capable of hyperspace travel and it has gun turrets on it and a powerful shield. Very manueverable, it is well equiped to take on the G'oauld.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

It's this giant Space ship that is capable of hyperspace travel and it has gun turrets on it and a powerful shield. Very manueverable, it is well equiped to take on the G'oauld.

Shatter be careful what you say, you never know what they could be hiding out in the desert.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Shatter be careful what you say, you never know what they could be hiding out in the desert.

... I think I just hinted at what could possibly be out there.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

YES! Let's cover up our super secret stealth strike aircraft with a hollywood movie! Not only that, but let's get Jessica Biel to distract everyone!

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
it wouldn't be the first time the milatary has made (or allowed to be made) a movie that is fiction but simply covers up a project. probably the most noteable off teh top of my head is "breaking the sound barrer"

[edit on 20-4-2005 by 00mace]

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Well CLEARLY this is the cockpit:

Personally, I am just glad they are allowing Jamie Foxx and Jessica Biel to get so close to our national secrets.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

it wouldn't be the first time the milatary has made (or allowed to be made) a movie that is fiction but simply covers up a project. probably the most noteable off teh top of my head is "breaking the sound barrer"

O really? Bring forth atleast 3 movies that does this, and I'll be more than glad to say that the F/A-37 Talon is a real naval aircraft.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

O really? Bring forth atleast 3 movies that does this, and I'll be more than glad to say that the F/A-37 Talon is a real naval aircraft.

Shattered OUT...

Well it doesn't cover up anything (actually it was made to be a marketing strategy for the Navy), but one I really like is Final Countdown.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The Switchblade patent number was "The Northrop design (U.S. patent No. 5,984,231)"

Switchblade

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join