It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Is Upsidedown Tonight ! Las Vegas, Nevada

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

same has happened here in Ireland. It has flipped about 60 degree's in last 3 hours. It was vertically straight between half 5 & 6pm.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
Not only is our school systems failing our youth today, it's also making them more aggressive combatants that they will defend their ignorance with even greater ignorance so diligently.

That is a true observation, the same thing happens in the 911 forum. People seem to think their opinion is more important than facts, and will defend their right to have an opinion, not even caring if that opinion is correct.
It's ignorance to refuse to learn, it has to be something the schools are doing to make kids think like that.

Or, maybe it's just the internet, and being anonymous protects you from the normal embarrassment people would have when told, and proven, they're idiots? So they defensively, even angrily support their opinion regardless of truth or facts?

Or maybe the thread is just a joke?

I think the major thing the internet has taught me is how stupid some people are lol. This thread is hilarious.

Even if the moon did turn upside down, it wouldn't change the way the sun lights it up. It would still look exactly the same. It's a sphere with light shining on it from one direction. The sun would have to be in the opposite plane, not the moon.

edit on 11/4/2011 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by honestyblaze

If it didn't then worry. But the Moon doing what it has always done since people started recording its motion is hardly a cause for concern.

Than some ATSers are so ignorant of the Moon and its phases is perhaps more of a worry?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Even if the moon did turn upside down, it wouldn't change the way the sun lights it up. It would still look exactly the same. It's a sphere with light shining on it from one direction. The sun would have to be in the opposite plane, not the moon.
edit on 11/4/2011 by ANOK because: typo

This prettymuch sums it up here.... Lmao

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I think you could put it down to some of the careers Tutors ANOK. We used to have kids coming into our office on job training, and often they just did not have a clue, but there was no limit to their confidence that they could apply themselves to a job, in the same way they were coached for a job interview, too much bluster.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm more interested in the psychology behind this whole debacle.

Is it because the OP and others believe Nibiru/Planet X/Cybertron is causing this? Or is it the Sun? Do you want to believe there is some apocalyptic scenario gestating out there?

Just seems that even faced with science, reason, logic, facts, etc., some still WANT to believe that there is something wrong and big about to go down.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I really need to stop reading these posts...and some people really need to get out more!

I photograph the moon frequently and it has done nothing odd. It does take a while to get used to where the position should be given the time of year and such and how often people actually look up. Alert me when the moon travels west to east or north to south then we can talk again...but a boat moon is in old paintings too.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I gave you a star both for supporting a quick observation of mine and secondly for the pithy addition.
*These are my hands clapping in applause*

This is exemplified in how youth today displaced 70's classic rock into rap garbage hate spew.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm in Columbus now and the moon is high in the sky as I left work at 5 p.m., so just like the animation I posted earlier, it would be just about midnight when the moon would be setting with its sunlit half at its bottom in respect to our horizon. I almost wanted to set up a camera because the sky is cloudless, but I live in the city, old growth trees around me, and it still wouldn't prove anything not already proven. Some would yell 'Photoshop"!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
I am putting together a graphic for the thread and the people in it. It will take a little time and then I will post it.

I have been checking back, and will continue to check back, for this graph...I look forward to seeing it...I am awaiting how it be demonstrably different from what has been already demonstrated to support your photograph...In addition, if you would not terribly mind...please take another photo tonight of the Moon, as I believe it will exhibit itself in much the fashion as it did last night...upside down that is...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Current Moon Phases..

Current Moon Phases

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This thread is almost as good as the guy that came on here and said the moon had **GASP** disappeared and he couldnt see it anywhere..

.....it was a day of high doomtarding and all were merry.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I love the way people will say "No, that's not what you saw...." or "There's a scientific explanation for that... let me just pull one out of my Big Book of Shillisms."

Man, if the moon flips and you get to see it, ignore those who didn't or who are paid to tell you and others it didn't. Just make sure you take as many photos and as much film as you can (make sue you also include the landcsape and stars as reference)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

The person presented a photo that had no horizon reference, I can turn my camera. I can also make a hat.

But I also have some understanding that I live on a rotating sphere. It makes a whole rotation once a day, and now the nights are longer than the day, seemingly keeping some people more in the dark.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

You would know if ignorance was bliss better than I would... I have not know the moon to change angles so quickly in the time I have been here, so I decided it was worth commenting on. It's lucky i don't give a toss what YOU think though, eh?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

he also presented one with the horizon
besides, you don't strike me as a shill. Your replies are too unstructured - you would need more spacing, quotes and links as though taken from a prepared resource pack

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hello. I am still wotking on this graph so I can upload it and post it. In the meantime I will say this. does anyone disagree that the sun is approx 11-13 degrees south of the equator?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by honestyblaze

I'm surprised no one has introduced the "Earth had been around for N billion years so geologically this is probably normal" argument.
Keep up your observations. If you have seen something which you haven't seen in your life, and its strangeness is based on a lifetime of seeing the moon NOT doing that, then you have every right to comment.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

Its almost impossible to try to even answer the posters, even though I want to. Like a Gang Bang so I will respond when people are at least fair and somewhat respectfull. I thank you for being civil and fair. That goes for everyone that is fair and not rude etc.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join