It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Is Upsidedown Tonight ! Las Vegas, Nevada

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
CherubBaby --

Let's start from the beginning so we all understand our positions...

Oh sweet Jeebus, no. Please no.

2nd.

Well, not EVERYTHING since the beginning

I'm just looking to see from what locations and at what times of the year does CherubBaby says that it would be normal to see a perfectly horizontal crescent Moon setting.

edit on 12/14/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
OP: thought I would toss in this link:

users.stlcc.edu...

It is a petroglyph/pictograph site at Big Moniteau in Missouri. The latitude is 39 degrees north. I couldn't find a date for the site but on average these sites are thousands of years old. If you look at the historians' rendering of the pictographs themselves, you can see several that portray a boat crescent moon.

Scroll down to a current picture at the site to see an upside down boat moon.

Maybe these drawings on rock way back when were meant to tell us what to look for in the future. Seems like maybe that future has come because we're seeing the boat moon again after thousands of years

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

Maybe these drawings on rock way back when were meant to tell us what to look for in the future. Seems like maybe that future has come because we're seeing the boat moon again after thousands of years

Nice spin on it to exclude the thousands of years between the drawings and present day.

I personally take this as confirmation that this behavior of the moon's has been occurring for thousands of years.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

HOORAY!!! We finally have relatively ANCIENT EVIDENCE posted (Not something that could have been manipulated by electronic means)!!! And GUESS WHAT!?!?! IT SHOWS THE MOON AS A RELATIVE BOAT at 39 North!!! WOW!!!

That is of course, if you wish to decipher the pictographs as a depiction of the Moon...

I find it relevant the person who posted the article also found nothing curious or strange regarding the picture of the Moon...I take this comment on the picture:

A crescent moon visible during the day at the Big Moniteau Rock Art site. At least 4 pairs of Turkey Vultures nest in the bluff immediately east of the rock art site.

to mean the author found nothing curious or strange about its orientation...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Pics or it didn't happen for thousands of years.

Just saying.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

But if you interpret the pictographs as evidence of a boat moon, does that suffice as evidence it has happened for a thousand years?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Well I think they thought you asked how does the moon rotate?maybe reading comprehension is in order?to me this is supposed to be about conspiracies and that doesn't always include cold hard facts,we understand the basis of reality and scientific analysis, this is about not what we understand but what we don't.If your like me and many others we have looked at the moon all of our lives and suddenly something doesn't seem right,your not by yourself, others have noticed as well.I've noticed the moon being in a strange place,but thought it was me and I don't have the time nor the inclination to do a complete study but I am curious what others think.Anyway I believe hologram technology theory isn't that far fetched,it may not be the answer but it was worth throwing it out on the table since you kept getting the same answers over and over.

edit on 14-12-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Just saying.

How trollish of you.
I've been meaning to ask: are you an attorney?

As for pics, I can provide at least one from this year in Las Vegas and one from Kansas in 2008. Will that suffice or do you need me to get you a picture from every decade since primitive man roamed Missouri?
edit on 14-12-2011 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back ,we see your intelligence.I was proposing an alternative theory nothing more...I believe there is enough Einsteins in this thread.

I don't understand your response.

I asked you if you thought if it is ever normal to see the Moon tilted at Moon-set, when viewed from the mid-latitudes (such as in the OP's November 4th picture from Las Vegas)?

And then I went on to say what I understood about the way the Moon could appear, and also how science can predict the Moon's look based on long, long understood knowledge of the Moon.

Could you please clarify your response about "patting myself on the back" and the Einstein comment? I'm not trying to show you my intelligence -- I'm just trying to explain that the Moon hasn't changed that much in the hundreds and hundreds of years science has been observing it.

edit on 12/14/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)
I'm not trying to be pissy,but I had just finished reading most of the thread and gave up in exasperation from reading the same thing over and over and thought the thread needed another possibility.I apologized for my opinionated attitude,it didn't come out right.To me the moon does seem to be in the wrong position,I've noticed it a year ago,and not only that but it's much brighter than what I ever remember.My backyard is roughly an acre,on a full moon I can see everything in my yard,if I wanted to I could read a book by the moonlight.Could I be wrong?yep,but still worth asking and discussing with others.Most posters aren't looking at anything other than cycles,although a good foundation it's not offering anything outside the box or discussing what other options there are.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

reply to post by CherubBaby
to me this is supposed to be about conspiracies and that doesn't always include cold hard facts,

Cold hard facts are present though, the cold hard facts show that the moon is right where it should be.

we understand the basis of reality and scientific analysis, this is about not what we understand but what we don't.

There are plenty here who do understand and are trying to explain it to you and cherub. You're complaining about it.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

To me the moon does seem to be in the wrong position,I've noticed it a year ago,and not only that but it's much brighter than what I ever remember.My backyard is roughly an acre,on a full moon I can see everything in my yard,if I wanted to I could read a book by the moonlight.Could I be wrong?yep,but still worth asking and discussing with others.

There are no bad questions. But one can perhaps focus a little bit too much effort on questions about things that are incredibly implausible.

Could the sky be a hologram? A hologram that is so incredibly perfect that either the entire skywatching community has failed to notice, or are somehow (tens of millions of people) afraid to say anything about it?

Sure, it's worth asking. But if you think it's possible after discussing it, then really the ONLY explanation is that you are living in a computer simulation. Hence all bets are off.

The moon is exactly where it is supposed to be. The full moon is very bright. That's all.

ETA. Although it should be noted that the moon's brightness will vary, for a variety of factors, byt as much as 30% based on proximity to the perigee, and differing amounts based on atmospheric conditions.

science.nasa.gov...

Okay, the Moon is 14% bigger, but can you actually tell the difference? It's tricky. There are no rulers floating in the sky to measure lunar diameters. Hanging high overhead with no reference points to provide a sense of scale, one full Moon looks much like any other.

What you will see is the world around you. This is both the brightest and (in the northern hemisphere) the highest-riding full Moon of the year. If you go outside around midnight it will be close to overhead and act like a cosmic floodlamp making the landscape absolutely brilliant, especially if there's snow. Full moons are always high during winter and, indeed, the solstice is right around the corner on Dec. 21st.

A fun experiment: Take a friend outside on Friday evening and ask if they notice anything unusual. Is the Moon big and bright enough to impress the unwary? Explain perigee later....

edit on 14-12-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Just saying.

As was said, that's a fairly trollish response.

However - The burden of proof is on you in this case and your contribution only lends support to what we've been telling you for almost 40 pages now.

If you interpret those pictographs as being a boat moon, then the evidence shows that they saw a boat moon thousands of years ago...as has been exhaustively shown in this thread, we can see a boat moon today.

It is therefore logical to presume that this has been happening for all those thousands of years in between then and today. I would even go further to say that this sort of stability lends proof that the moon has probably always been this way.

UNLESS - You have proof that shows otherwise.

So, where are the winter pics of the moon that contradict what we've been trying to explain this entire time?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Maybe nothing we see is real?I go out to my yard on a full moon and I see it directly over my head like a lamp pouring down beautiful moonlight and I get a sense of serenity but I also get the feeling that all is not well.Why?Because I don't ever remember seeing it directly over my head like that ever!Have you ever felt this way about anything?Although I could be totally wrong,or if I'm right then what?No harm no foul,I still think it's worth discussing.We don't know or understand everything there is to know about our world and universe and science,correct me if I'm wrong works on theories,and because it does we can include opinions outside the box

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Uncinus

We don't know or understand everything there is to know about our world and universe and science,

Don't need to in order to know some things, such as the position of the moon and sun. The issue with this thread is that the OP thinks their observation is abnormal when in fact it is not.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

... but I also get the feeling that all is not well.Why?Because I don't ever remember seeing it directly over my head like that ever!...

This is what I said before about people just not noticing that the Moon has looked tilted at Moon-rise and Moon-set in the past.

Just like TWILITE22 has never noticed that it is normal for the Moon to be high overhead at times (this happens in the winter during the nighttime hours and in the summer during the daylight hours), perhaps the OP just doesn't remember noticing, or just never had the occasion to notice, the moon-set looking tilted.

The Moon is such an ever-present object that it often gets taken for granted and overlooked, so it is not unusual or surprising that some people tend not to notice the more detailed characteristics of the Moon's orientation and path through the sky. Even on nights when the Moon is in the sky, if you asked a typical person on the street what phase the Moon was in without looking, they would probably have no idea, because even if the moon was in the sky at the time, they probably took no specific notice of it.

On another thread, someone used a compass to measure the location of the rising Sun yesterday and was surprised to see that the Sun did not rise directly in the East. He went on to say that he thought the the Sun ALWAYS rose directly in the east. Obviously this person just never took detailed notice of the location of the Sunrise before.

edit on 12/15/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Another good site that shows the so called boat moon in the first crescent with images.

source:

www.castor2.ca...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Uncinus

Maybe nothing we see is real?I go out to my yard on a full moon and I see it directly over my head like a lamp pouring down beautiful moonlight and I get a sense of serenity but I also get the feeling that all is not well.Why?Because I don't ever remember seeing it directly over my head like that ever!Have you ever felt this way about anything?

Sure I have, but I don't usually leap to "this is all a dream". I normally think "interesting, I never noticed that before"

I actually had a similar experience with the moon. I grew up in a house that had a streetlight outside. Al the streets around had streetlights. One day I was staying at my aunt's house, which was more isolated. I remember walking up one night and wondering what the bright light was that was shining through the window. I looked out the back and was amazed to see the yard illuminated by a bright silvery light. It took me a while to figure out it was just a very full moon, seeming bright because of the absence of street lights.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

reply to post by Uncinus

Maybe nothing we see is real?I go out to my yard on a full moon and I see it directly over my head like a lamp pouring down beautiful moonlight and I get a sense of serenity but I also get the feeling that all is not well.Why?Because I don't ever remember seeing it directly over my head like that ever!Have you ever felt this way about anything?

Sure I have, but I don't usually leap to "this is all a dream". I normally think "interesting, I never noticed that before"

I actually had a similar experience with the moon. I grew up in a house that had a streetlight outside. Al the streets around had streetlights. One day I was staying at my aunt's house, which was more isolated. I remember walking up one night and wondering what the bright light was that was shining through the window. I looked out the back and was amazed to see the yard illuminated by a bright silvery light. It took me a while to figure out it was just a very full moon, seeming bright because of the absence of street lights.
I don't think it's all a dream.I'm pretty much a no nonsense kind of gal.But lately beginning to wonder if what we see is all there is to it.I can't put my finger on it exactly,but know whatever it is,is there?and I not making much sense I know...just can't shake the feeling all is not right.
Wasn't there an article from a university stating awhile back that the moon was off?Let me see if I can find it,here is a video on ityoutu.be...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Wasn't there an article from a university stating awhile back that the moon was off?Let me see if I can find it,here is a video on ityoutu.be...

And here we go again with this article. See here for why it's irrelevant to this discussion:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-12-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I took these last night in Las Vegas Nv

Here we have a boat moon again this time in Dec.2011

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join