It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Is Upsidedown Tonight ! Las Vegas, Nevada

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Given the fact you have my profile name clearly in front of you (or perhaps they may clouded by chemtrails in your home) and still cannot spell it correctly offers a great deal of information relative to your inability to understand the diagrams...

When the Earth is tilted to the North (engaging the Winter Season for those in the Northern Hemisphere) it would automatically mean whatever happens to be orbiting around the Earth or whatever the Earth is orbiting around would be viewed differently and take a different path across the sky...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

Yes but it doesn't mean its taking the one ( Path ) you claim does it? Do you have any pictures ? You see there are two kinds of "Recon".
One is the way a guy sits and finds out by reading whats in front of him. The other is the kind a person does by direct on the ground observation ( Seeing for themselves and proving it with a camera )

edit on 10-12-2011 by CherubBaby because: typo

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The moon takes a month to orbit earth. There is no winter in each month. There is no 'winter path.' There is only the monthly path and an 18.6 year cycle.

You deny that the Moon must stay within 5º of the ecliptic (the path of the Sun)? It doesn't follow the ecliptic as its seasonal position changes?

So the Moon just follows a single path, independent of everything else in the sky? The location of the ecliptic is irrelevant to when the Moon is? No wonder you don't understand what is being explained.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Do you know how to find the ecliptic at any given time of day or night? Through your own observation I mean.
edit on 12/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby

Yes but it doesn't mean its taking the one ( Path ) you claim does it? Do you have any pictures ? You see there are two kinds of "Recon".
One is the way a guy sits and finds out by reading whats in front of him. The other is the kind a person does by direct on the ground observation ( Seeing for themselves and proving it with a camera )

The Moon's "path in space" doesn't really change (at least not noticeably to the naked eye). HOWEVER, the path of the Moon as it appears from Earth with change due to the seasonal tilt of the Earth.

For example, the path of the "last quarter" phase of the Moon in December will be in a different part of the sky than it would in July. This difference that we see has nothing to do with the orbit of the moon and everything to do with the tilt of the Earth.

edit on 12/10/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

What are you proving? SO FAR, the only thing you have proven:

1)Your inability to understand basic diagrams, math, and the seasonal paths objects in the sky appear to take in the sky overhead;
2) Your dismissive attitude toward legitimately helpful advice and direction;
3) Your lack of imagination as it relates to reality; and,
4) Your seemingly unlimited capacity toward rudeness.

If I ever thought for one second that I obtained photographic evidence of something that ABSOLUTELY should not be happening in the field of astronomy or any other science, my first stop would not be to post it here on a thread in ATS...I would run it to Adler Planetarium in Chicago, IL, or present it to some other appropriate authority...I would BE HAILED AS A HERO!!! I would never need to work another day in my life and would write my own ticket....I would be set for LIFE...this is REALLY the issue...you do not understand it, I DO!!!...PERIOD!!!
edit on 12/10/2011 by jeichelberg because: misspelling

edit on 12/10/2011 by jeichelberg because: incorrectly numbered bullets

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
i]reply to post by jeichelberg

Take a deep breath. You sound like your about to pop. What you think is up to you. What you would or wouldn't do is also up to you. What is up to you, is whats up to you. Up to what you do, is what to you is up.

So enjoy it. This one is at best a draw for you and getting your face red and pulse elevated isn't going to change the fact that your possibly and Im right. Just because you want to claim you are right doesn't make it so.

. Is that right?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Sound??? Was I talking or typing?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This thread is still going? Jesus. Guys, you will never get through to CherubBaby. That is one made-up mind that you are never going to change. No evidence or exact science will ever change the mind of a man who does not want his mind to be changed. You are ALL wrong and your evidence, the evidence of hundreds of years of science, the observations of everyone on this thread, the observations of scientists and astronomers going back hundreds of years, the fact that the position, orbit and appearance of the moon is EXACTLY as it should be is not going to change this guy's mind. CherubBaby is not interested in the fact that everything is as it should be. The fact is, he sees something he doesn't understand and he still knows more than you. End of. It's time to abandon this thread and let it die, along with the two other threads he created on the EXACT SAME SUBJECT. You'll never win.

No doubt I'll be insulted as is CherubBaby's wont, but I won't see it. Other than than the excellent explanations given for what CherubBaby sees, this thread is trash and not worth looking at or posting in ever again.

Thank you to everyone who has educated me in this thread, I really appreciate it, but those of you wearing your fingertips down to bloody stumps trying to get through to CherubBaby might as well sit and bang your fingers off a brick wall until they fall off because you will get nowhere.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

Yes another pointless contribution from a friend of a friend. You have made 3 posts to the thread. One has been removed due to your manners. The second one you cheerlead for soylant and thats ok . and now you are telling people that you are right and whoever shares your opinion is right. I don't share your opinion and I don't care if you share mine. If you dont like the thread then _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ !!!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You might think it's a pointless contribution but you've been saying that to most who don't agree with you anyway. At least it's not a further two pointless threads. The explanations given to you make perfect sense, I just don't understand why you refuse to even consider them. Up to you I suppose but I at least learned a few things even if you didn't.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I LOVE that beautiful photo!!!

Especially the color....LONG pointed to by certain and sundry folks who like to stir the pot, as to "evidence" of NASA photo-manipulation "something-or-other". Because of the "color"....then "gray" versus the "browns".

(When in fact, it is merely the combination of well-known photographic principles, based on proximity, distance, etc, etc.....).

But, for that image?? What about that obvious "bite" taken out of the Moon, at the approximately five o'clock position?

Please don't tell me it's an "image artifact"? Or, a (laughable) depiction of something in the foreground, of the photo image? Surely, that cannot be true? Must be some sort of Gov't cover-up!!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
But, for that image?? What about that obvious "bite" taken out of the Moon, at the approximately five o'clock position?

Please don't tell me it's an "image artifact"? Or, a (laughable) depiction of something in the foreground, of the photo image? Surely, that cannot be true? Must be some sort of Gov't cover-up!!

It's a tree, I think.

Here is a post with another image by the OP taken on that night (this is from page one of this thread):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Just shot another video of the moon from a polar aligned perspective tonight, and once again the orientation was perfectly normal:
www.youtube.com...

At the exact same time, I took the following pictures with my SLR camera to show how it looked from a typical altitude-azimuth perspective, the way you would see it if you just looked up with your head:
i319.photobucket.com...
i319.photobucket.com...
As you can see, it was what you're calling a "boat moon," despite the fact that I don't live at the equator. It's perfectly normal; my telescope shows its orientation is normal from a polar aligned perspective, so what you're seeing is just field rotation.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There's a lot of images of the so called boot moon from the Northern hemisphere from amateur sky watchers that show a normal moon.

Earthshine from Duluth, Minn by amateur astronomer.

source:
astrobob.areavoices.com...

Earthshine as seen from the UK (near the bottom of page)

source: www.fouragesofsand.com...

Backyard universe - Fayetteville, Carolina

source: blogs.fayobserver.com...

Earthshine from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill. Wisconsin

Understanding phases of the moon

source: earthsky.org...

Just a sample from sky watchers that see nothing out of the ordinary.
edit on 13-12-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

The "Bite" that you mention is a tree limb in front of the image. If you ntice the pics I take during the day many times have trees in them . I use the same places at night as I do during the day. Like this one I just took at 8:10 pm tonight of the moon. Except it is rising in the East

If you want a tree limb in front of it let me know..

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

reply to post by ProudBird

The "Bite" that you mention is a tree limb in front of the image. If you ntice the pics I take during the day many times have trees in them . I use the same places at night as I do during the day. Like this one I just took at 8:10 pm tonight of the moon. Except it is rising in the East

...And being that it is rising in the East, the tilt is in the opposite direction (right lower than the left) as when it sets in the west (such as in your OP photo, in which the left side is lower than the right). You won't easily be able to see this Moon-set, because it won't set until about 9:30 tomorrow morning and the Sun will be shining -- although if you looked for it you would see it.

However, since it will be setting during the daylight hours, and the day side of the Earth in the winter time is tilted far North, when this Moon sets tomorrow morning, it will NOT look very boat-like (it will be only a little tilted). You're more likely to see a boat-like DAYTIME Moon in the summer (when the dayside of the earth is tilted farther south). Conversely, the summer NIGHTTIME Moon will look least boat-like. A daytime winter Moon will not be as tilted.

That's because:

Summer -- the Daytime side of the northern hemisphere tilted more southward, while the Night time side is tilted more northward.

and conversely...

Winter -- the Daytime side of the northern hemisphere tilted more northward, while the Night time side is tilted more southward.

edit on 12/13/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Ididnt post the pic because it is tilted. I posted it because I wanted to show that there are some angles with no tree limbs in the way. I know what your saying and will be happy to prove I am right on this in the coming months.

I have all the time in the world to do so..

PS What in your opinion do science and observation have in common?
edit on 13-12-2011 by CherubBaby because: text add

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Ididnt post the pic because it is tilted. I posted it because I wanted to show that there are some angles with no tree limbs in the way. I know what your saying and will be happy to prove I am right on this in the coming months.

I have all the time in the world to do so..

PS What in your opinion do science and observation have in common?
edit on 13-12-2011 by CherubBaby because: text add

That's fine. I just wanted to comment in general that your image shows another tilted Moon, and that tilted Moon is as just as expected when one understands the relationship between the Moon, the Earth's tilt, and the observers location on Earth....

...AND why the Moon yesterday (the day of your image) would rise at night looking heavily tilted, but why it should NOT look tilted when setting the next daytime morning (in case anyone on this thread was waiting for the Moonset to see another heavily tilted Moon).

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Well it hasn't set yet. In fact its far from setting. But do you mind commenting on my PS question? What do you think science and observation have in common? I am just curious if you need to look that up or do you already have an answer?

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join