It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you know.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
How do you know I am real?
How do you know you are real?
How do you know chemical/biological processes are the end all be all of consciousness?
How do you know you haven't died?
How do you know you aren't dead?
How do you know death is the "end"?
How do you know there isn't continuation after the end of this physical existence?
How do you know existence isn't infinite?
How do you know there aren't aliens?
How do you know there aren't aliens here?
How do you know we aren't aliens?
How do you know the Sun doesn't transmit information to us in the form of selective frequency electromagnetism?
How do you know the double-helix design of electromagnetism isn't a direct emulation of the DNA double helix, vice versa?
How do you know concept, perception, and the physical aren't actually fully intertwined and fully influenced by one another?
How do you know you know anything?

Thank Einstein and the rest of the infinite cosmos for relativity for the reason that it can truly help you with these questions. It's such a disgustingly blatant concept that many persons of today's society don't excercise, AT ALL. Due to this 'cultural' society having such an obsession with the current set of "knowledge" and procedures that 'prove' things to us, many perceive and conceive solely in absolutes, black and white, many of which are laughable.

The Ego, is a powerful tool, and is a powerful betrayer
edit on 4-11-2011 by xacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by xacto

Who says the ego even exists?

Can anybody cut out and physically show me an "ego"?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xacto

If i did know any of the answers they would only be applicable to myself...what your universe is doing is up to you to find out.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by xacto

How do you know that ATS even exists. For all you know you could be in an insane asylum arranging your own feces thinking you are posting this on the internet.

In fact that is your reality as I am a part of your subconcious trying to reconnect the fractured parts of your mind.
edit on 4-11-2011 by BabaBooey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hahaha all good replies!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BabaBooey
reply to post by xacto

arranging your own feces thinking you are posting this on the internet.

edit on 4-11-2011 by BabaBooey because: (no reason given)

`Arranging your own feces`, that is funny in a strange sort of way...rearranging your own feces would make you a perfectionist...could that bring the ego back on to the scene.?
edit on 4/11/11 by ironbutterflyrusted because: for fun

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the ego. People are always trying to "eradicate" it, "transcend" it, and so on.

Poor little thing...must get kind of sad and lonely being the only thing that keeps countless beings from total enlightenment.

So I feel sad for the poor, universally dumped-on ego. Come on, don't you think the pitiful, cringing thing could use some love? Love is the way, right? I am going to try to project some love and acceptance at the ego, maybe that's what it needs. Just a thought...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I don't know anything definitively.
I can only claim to know what I m experiencing right now, in terms of my senses. That's it.
I came to that realization a while ago, and have just gotten used to it.
Though what the ego (myself) has to do with any of that, I don't know (of course).

new topics

top topics

join