It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re-entering a dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hi people, My question is quite simple.

I was just wondering if it's possible to have reoccurring dreams, then is it possible to re-enter a dream you once had years ago?

I have re-entered dreams when I've awoken from them by focusing as I'm drifting back off but there are two pertucular dreams I would love to go back to for information.

Any tips?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
done that, not on purpose but i've revisited locations in dreams and it actually felt like a sort of sequel to the first dream.
once had a dream where some major flood was happening and we were all scared and running trying to survive,
then a few years later i revisited that dream and people were talking about the flood and many were rebuilding and i even went to the house i was in when the flood started.
i know its strange but i've had much more detailed and lucid dreams than that and i've had a few more 'sequel' dreams

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've done that on a few occasions. You just have to concentrate on every single vivid detail that you dreamt about when you had that dream. Once you have thought about that for an hour or two before sleep, then close your eyes and find yourself re-living the last few minutes of your dream.. Eventually you fall asleep but you MUST have thought about the fine details of your dream a few hours before. Otherwise, other thoughts and dreams will probably appear.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I just had a continuation of a dream I had a while ago, this morning.
Very weird. Didn't do anything special. The first dream happened awhile back, and I had not thought about it in awhile.
I can usually remember my dreams. I don't know if that makes a difference.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulo

i have had recurring dreams for years. some of the dreams will just reoccur on their own, but if i want to try and have a particular dream again before i go to bed i will go over the dream in my head with as much detail that i can remember.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the advice guys

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

I've just had a reoccurring dream, well sort of. More of a revisit.

This is the first time since I started this thread that I've went back to a certain place in a dream. I haven't been there for a few years but it was so cool!
there's a house there with a strange room and in that strange room is a door that looks like a small fire place (it's designed that way so people wouldnt think twice about it)

I'm going to continue this dream in another thread but I just want so say thank you to everyone on here that gives me advice and an ear to talk to about this stuff

Thank you all.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I've been able to re-enter dreams by thinking of them too.
With some practice, I've also gotten to the point of just thinking, "Play it again, Sam" or "What was THAT all about?" and sometimes I picture myself taking out a universal remote and hitting the rewind then play buttons. Sometimes " And now back to the show" works. All waking up is, is a commercial break.
The only problem is that the sequels are never as good as the original.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yes its possible to re enter a previous dream but it takes a massive amount of focus and control. I find the best way to create your dream scape is to try to sleep in the afternoon. sundays are the best and even better if its warm, the heat makes for very vivid and lucid dreams for some reason. As you drop into unconsciousness try to remain as focused on what you want as possible. think of it like lowering yourself into the dreamscape of your choice and if you practice enough you will find yourself in the old dream.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I think this topic of "recurring dreams" and "dream sequals" is somewhat fascinating.

For example:

#6. Running Slowly or Paralyzed. If you are currently facing hardships and obstacles in life, you may find yourself running in slow motion in your dream. You may also feel held back, unable to make progress in a particular situation or stuck in a rut of self-sabotage, all of which can cause you to run slowly in a dream. Dreams of paralysis also fit into this category and symbolize the same circumstances. ~ The TOP 10 Recurring Dreams and Their Meanings

Dreams aren't so random... they DO have meaning. Heavy.

new topics

top topics

join