It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie ammo has arived

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Just from the ballistic info the z max line is for high trauma short range out to 200 yards.
With out knowing round composition I can only make a guess that the lighter rounds will hit and mushroom out making some really big holes. they would be great for home defense

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
yea but if a zombie is in your home you done for, it is best to take them down when there down range, 100 yards should be ok any thing closer and you my get hit by flying parts , remember it is the blood, fluids that do you in not the bite, that only pertains too werewolf's and vampires, no ammo for them yet, not as big as a threat.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I wonder if anybody here knows that the Zombie craze started out of Political Correctness? Video game manufacturers were catching crap from all of these special interest groups about who was getting shot and blown up in their games, so they decided to start using zombies.

Several years ago, the printer that I bought silhouette targets from told me that he wasn't going to print any more. He had actually recieved letters from the NAACP about his black targets, the Fraternal Order of Police because of his blue targets and from some group concerned about the rights of Indians over his red targets. We started talking and came up with an idea. We found some open source drawings of monsters, like vampires, mummys and wolfmen and overlayed the target markings over the drawing and he printed them up at the same scale as the silhouettes. He's still selling them. I have an appointment with about a dozen vampire targets on Saturday.

By the way, thanks for the links to the ammo sites, I think I found a new place to get my .303 ammo at.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

yea i think we all played Area51at one time or another i do miss that game, and your welcome. happy shooting.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

My personal philosophy on zombies is that if they surrounded you in a house or other structure unless you can breakthrough them and leg it you're pretty much done anyway.

but as a realistic ammo for use in a real world situation they are not very practical out side of the home.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
still want 06 and 50 cal

Why would you need .50 cals to kill zombies? .22 short rifle are the best at the job.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

if you say so , yes a 22 is just as fine and cheaper that any thing to kill an other human, but with a 50 cal, bear, elk, moose, dear, and big horn sheep, as well as turkey.How pray tell can you,( yes i hear the screaming now hunt dear with a 50 cla easy it's one of thees www.thedigitaloasis.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Is it just me, or do I not understand all the zombie threads. I dont get it. Zombies are not real.

This might as well have read "unicorn ammo has arrived".

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

It is just a marketing ploy, CDC has some as well, just fits in with the PC bull phoo that is coming out, do you get it now?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

reply to post by amongus

It is just a marketing ploy, CDC has some as well, just fits in with the PC bull phoo that is coming out, do you get it now?

. Got it

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
That's awesome...at first I figured it was trash like DRT ammo...but upon closer inspection I see that hornady made it...so It's legit ammo. They're basically V-MAX bullets with a green polymer tip instead of the red one...thus the Z-MAX play on words. I run 60 Gr V-MAX in my AR for social work...good stuff.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I wonder if anybody here knows that the Zombie craze started out of Political Correctness?

Actually, If you know anything about the history of Romero films and some of the critics take on the social commentary that are glaringly obvious in his films , you would see that while your post makes for a good read, it's not entirely true.

As for the rest of your post , I'd kindly like you to cite some sources...

My Zombie Metaphor

My personal take on modern day zombies is that they're sheeple...I'm a prepper, It's a lifestyle that I enjoy. I'm not crazy about it, but after katrina I saw the need to be self sufficient and not rely on a government to save you in case of emergency, so I've got roughly 90 days of provisions, It's not powdered eggs and trash like that, it's simply the things that we normally eat we buy in bulk and rotate through it.

I live in the NJ, and when Irene came through here you should have seen the sheeple going mad, running around buying everything up...(Why do they always buy milk and bread?!?) People were LITERALLY Fist FIghting in Home Depot over batteries, the local police had to send units to sit in the Home Depot parking lot because people were damn near rioting over their spot in line in anticipation of a 5am emergency generator transfer from out of market stores unaffected. My facebook was ablaze with people trying to find generators and paying 5x's the price for them on craigslist. All I did was board up my windows, with plywood that was pre cut and sitting in my garage for the last 4 years.

Last week with the snow , we had about 600,000 people in my state with no power , (As I type this there are still 400,000 in conn without power) Once again, all over the news you have people enraged that the power companies aren't doing enough, people are complaining about their local government not doing anything to help them and their governor actually had the stones to blame the problem on the weather forcasters.

I had no power issues, But my father n law did, So I tossed the genny in the back of my truck , drove over to his house and hooked up his fridge, freezer & sump pump and brought him to our house...

Now that I have digressed from my point, when God forbid something SERIOUS happens here, if there was a long term interruption in the logistics and supply of supermarkets, or if there was a long term loss of utility services and your home had the only food and power in your immediate vecinity... how long before people started to try to knock down your door to take what you have? How long before society and morals broke down and people reverted to barbarianism? I'm sure if you looked out of your window during that time, it might well look like a zombie invasion...lol

At the end of the day, people are only civil because they are comfortable... many people say on any given day we are only 3 meals away from total social breakdown and anarchy. You may think, no not my neighborhood... well when your neighbors kids and wife are crying because they havent eaten in three days, you'd be surprised what your average man might do when placed in those extreme circumstances. Man is hardwired to survive and it wont be long before those hunter gatherer instincts kick in.

Not to get all Freudian, but zombies are basically humans reduced to the Id.

At the end of the day Zombies are us.
edit on 4-11-2011 by EyesWideShut because: Meh...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

if you say so , yes a 22 is just as fine and cheaper that any thing to kill an other human, but with a 50 cal, bear, elk, moose, dear, and big horn sheep, as well as turkey.How pray tell can you,( yes i hear the screaming now hunt dear with a 50 cla easy it's one of thees www.thedigitaloasis.com...

Perhaps you mean .50cal black powder rifle when you were talking about hunting? At least then, it would be just to experience hunting as a pioneer. Oh, according to your link you do mean black powder .50cals.

I still don't see why anyone would use a .50cal to kill zombies. It's a damn good way to find yourself surrounded fast. I said .22SR because ammo is plenty, rifles usually hold a lot of rounds, and one is enough to disable the brain of a zombie from a safe distance. Personally, I'm more of a M870 type myself.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Ahh Hornady Z-Max.

I found out about these a little while ago. Awesome marketing ploy for the Halloween season. That's all.

edit on 4-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Actually, If you know anything about the history of Romero films and some of the critics take on the social commentary that are glaringly obvious in his films

I know quite alot about Romero's films. I was an extra in Dawn of the Dead back in the late 70's.
I agree with your statements about symbolism, but, my statement about video games comes from a show that was on the History Channel a few years ago about the history of the video game.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well, the Zombie ammo is interesting; however, if 12ga is your favorite, pay a visit to Firequest. It is the only place that I know of where you can get exotic shotgun ammo like 12ga Flechette rounds, also shells that use steel razor tacks instead of lead pellets.

I could use some good .308 Zombie ammo (as emergency backup if I run out of handloads) for my Lone Eagle handgun. Actually, commercial ammo does not work very well in the Lone Eagle due to the short 14" barrel, lots of burning powder flash. With the proper handload it is a lot of fun to shoot.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Over kill on the ammo, a .22 long rifle, .22lr mag, good for 200 m. range you can buy 100's of rounds for the price of a box of 12 ga, ammo. a good shooter with a .22 can kill 50 zombies in 5 minutes what can twenty people do in an hour. plus the first winter should help, 32 degrees or less should slow them down, for the turkey shoot.

edit on 14-11-2011 by bone13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Your right a .22 ca is good, leave the larger cals, for hunter or Mutated animals
if you see my ex- mother in-law ?????

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Turth be told, zombies and the story lines about them are not new, they go back to the 1900's and much early international law was passed in 1920's banning the use of chemicals, and voodoo, current storys say zombies might happen in our life time, IF you believe in tha stuff.
they just got a jump start in the sixtys with "night of the living dead". PEACE

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Star for you on the political correctness angle of this. I know that this is the case. I saw this ammo and also zombie targets and even life size plastic zombie targets at the Wanenmacher Arms Show last weekend. The guys at those tables were even selling Zombie Apocalypse Response Team t-shirts. It is all tong in cheek humor over the political correctness you mention.

Most folks that are serious about defense of the 2nd amendment know that the code word phrase for large scale gun confiscation by extra-constitutional force is the zombie apocalypse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join