It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Think after the Nov 9 shutdown, they will be able to bring things back up?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I've heard shows where they say its impossible to do, they would need at least 24 hours.
So those of you with technical knowledge out there, is this true?
And WHY are they doing it?
Anyone out there a little nervous about this?
Please Reply.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well ,you can always

edit on 3-11-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This topic has been beat to death, it's just a test and not a shutdown. It's just testing the EBS system in case of a natural/man made disaster. I believe it's long over due.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Our Overlords are just flexing their muscles, they need to let us all see how buff they have gotten.

I'm sure all will be back on after their little three minutes. My question is why turn it all off for a test?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Was going to start a thread on this topic, however I will ask my question here instead.

The other day, I have Comcast cable with the new adapter, they were doing the regular emergency broadcast this triggered off several times but never all the way through like a normal test would be. I had noticed than when the test started a different show was on then the one I was watching then after the short test my regular show was back on. The reason I mention this at one point shortly after lunch it had happened again and the show that popped up was a live lottery drawing, sorry but do not know of any stations in my area with a live lotto drawing in the afternoon so this so called live show might be a test of a rebroadcast loop to keep us distracted from any real live broadcast that maybe going on.

The question is has anyone else seen this and did anyone else catch something like I mentioned above. Thanks.

As a person who works on computers it can come back up instantly if lost at all, during the regular test you never loss show connection the broadcast and messages just come across the screen, this is no different in this upcoming test. However just because it can come up right away does not mean that it will, after all they, the government can keep it down as long as they choose and will use something like a technical issue as to why it isn't back up. Never believe the mainstream media.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

How does shutting everything down reassure the system if we do have an emergency? How big an emergency?

Thanks to the OP for this, something I had not looked too far into. I picked the following quote, it struck me as a feasible explanation

A new code must be downloaded and installed, then the system shutdown and re-booted for the changes to take effect. And, just like these coded program changes in computers and cable, once you re-boot, whatever was newly installed is activated and just runs silently behind the scenes.

theintelhub.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

I have noticed the channel change, more than once, after the emergency broadcast it took me to QVC or some shopping channel.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

What's being shut down? Nothing....it's just an interuption just like you get when severe weather is approaching.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Imagine how beautiful it could be, no paid for media for 24 hours.
Yeah, like that'll happen.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

why do you think it is long overdue? Seems like a ridiculous waste of time if you ask me. Why a national all broadcasts at once? We already can do this locally.

There are no national emergencies, do you realize how large the country is? Only specific areas have emergencies. Anything that would be considered a national emergency would already be covered by the very broadcasts they are attempting to override.

This is a waste of money and resources at best and it could be used for some very bad unAmerican things at worst so please tell me why this is so overdue? When locales can already do it? This whole thing stinks if you ask me. Love to hear why you like it so much.
edit on 3-11-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

All broadcasts and internet use. Seems to me a bit of over kill given that most if not all emergencies are local. Katrina was bad and effected the country, but it did not require a rebooting of all broadcasting.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The test is strange and is for ulterior motives, in my opinion.

In this day and age, any emergency is on all our radio and tv stations within seconds.The system already works fine. It's a democratic system right now, but this ability to control it all is definitely dictatorial. Not that any of this is political, but using the analogies to make a point.
Why fix what's not broken. And if something so big comes along that needs immediate attention, don't think a simple tv message will make any difference.

I don't trust any of this. Also someone pointed out that the leaders of the US, Canada and Mexico will be meeting in Hawaii during this test and a few days after. The Canadian leader will even be missing an important holiday that is usually honored by him pubicly.

I don't think the North American Union is off the table. I'd say everything is coming together as planned. Including WW3 rumblings.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Where are you guys getting reliable information that the systems will be shut down and rebooted? And when did internet get added to this list of interrupted services?

The last time I read the overview of this Emergency Broadcast System nationwide test, it only included radio and television and was not an actual shutdown but a simultaneous display of an emergency test message broadcast for a total of 3 minutes.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I truly would like links to reliable sources showing this new information about internet and complete shutdown of systems if it is true so that I can stay informed.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by idunno12

The language on some blog and news sites actually say "shut down" and infer the internet will be involved. I should have researched further. This link can give a bit more official detail. www.fcc.gov...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

This will help clear things up.

FEMA, the FCC and the National Weather Service, have come up with a plan to test EAS in the same manner in which they would issue a national or regional warning, starting at the White House and sending the message to the Primary Entry Point stations across the country that are linked to a special network dedicated solely to Presidential-level warnings. Most of the PEP stations are high power AM radio stations with wide-spread signals that cover broad areas of the country. FEMA estimates that when they’ve built out all 77 PEP station, they will reach about 90% of the population. The upcoming National Test will show whether or not FEMA is on the right track

eas.radiolists.net...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well, i dont know what the agenda is, i'm just not feeling very comfortable about this.
I dont trust the Governments IT people....Something will get botched up..lots can go wrong when it comes to telecommunications!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
They are just breaking in to your regular signal and then leaving it after 3-5 minutes. Nothing bad unless you miss a bit of what you were watching. Nothing nefarious or underhanded.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

They do emergency alert tests every week, and the boob tube has come back every time. I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Because all Americans stay in their home cities and never travel anywhere?

Because anything local can affect the nation?

For one, the majority of the US populations lives on the east coast and a smaller on the west coast.

If there is a massive snowstorm in the northeast, all planes and trains going to that area have to be rerouted.
So that person doing a layover in Detroit waiting to go to NYC is screwed.

Because when the terrorists were crashing planes into buildings, at the time no one knew where they were going to hit next.
Because if a ship is shot down in the ocean by an unknown source, we want to know what is happening to our servicemen and women.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Because all Americans stay in their home cities and never travel anywhere?

Because anything local can affect the nation?

For one, the majority of the US populations lives on the east coast and a smaller on the west coast.

If there is a massive snowstorm in the northeast, all planes and trains going to that area have to be rerouted.
So that person doing a layover in Detroit waiting to go to NYC is screwed.

Because when the terrorists were crashing planes into buildings, at the time no one knew where they were going to hit next.
Because if a ship is shot down in the ocean by an unknown source, we want to know what is happening to our servicemen and women.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join