It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diane Feinstein Looking to Use GOVERNMENT Gun Debacle "Fast & Furious" to PUNISH Gun Owners

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by TreadUpon

I may be mistaken, but if a item can make a semi auto burst or fully auto, those items are already illegal. Watch yourself, it could be entrapment.

Myself, I prefer one shot, one kill while hunting...

Spray and pray wastes ammo.

Ohhhh not soooo!

Perfectly legal and ATF approved and legal for your AR15 - Bump Fire! New ATF Approved stock for AR-15 Allows Easy and Safe Bump firing :

edit on 3-11-2011 by Emptiness Dancing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Emptiness Dancing

I forgot about that thing.

I'm sure some anti-gunner will see that and go "See, they can convert it to full auto!"

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Feinstein can suck it!!!

Can we just annex Commifornia already?
Why do buffoons like this keep getting elected? It truly is mind boggling.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I have no desire to shoot in full auto outside of the annual machine gun shoot at the local club and that stock thing is totally overpriced but it absolutely reeks of ban-bait.

I might get one just for the collectable factor. Kind of like Jarts.
edit on 3-11-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Jarts!?
I haven't seen those for a while. Great game.

Are they illegal or just banned? Which pretty much amounts to the same thing.

Kind of like firearms.

They want to protect us from ourselves.

*Holding up one finger*

This is my safety.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Wait.

So the federal govt. knowingly letting people who were restricted from buying guns, to buy guns and then ship them over the border isn't really the Federal govt.'s fault?

Nice.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
these government nazis are just exemplifying problem, reaction, solution and dont even care that their methods are being exposed.this is like watching hitler and his minions dig their own graves.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Ehh this wont gain much traction. F&F sat in the public's attention for too long. The fact that the gun shops were assisting in the investigation shows Feinstein to be ignorant. If stupid people didn't try to forward their agendas... All the wrong doing comes from the DOJ, FBI and State department. Remember the gun checks are run by the FBI so they would have had to have known, as for the others if you don't know you shouldn't be commenting on this thread.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Feinstein has the unmitigated GALL to say the nation has been very loose and relaxed in gun laws???? As of a few years ago, when I last saw solid figures, there were over TWENTY THOUSAND gun laws and regulations from the city to federal level. It's the single most regulated and controlled industry in the United States as it is....and gun crime keeps rising at a steady annual rate! New laws and regulations are the PROBLEM and not any solution!

Gun Grabbing idiots keep asking ....no, demanding..that we all meet half way and we compromise, whatever that is supposed to mean in their world. When they repeal a fair % of those 20,000+ gun laws already on the books, I will accept that they have a sincere desire to compromise.

As long as they seem to believe that compromise means only that gun owners must give and allow for more injury to a base constitutional right, though, I don't see anything more to discuss in the national debate. It's about taking our guns, as it stands right now, and simply doing it in stages...so no one gets TOO upset at any given moment of the long term process they seem set to see through.

It's terrible to see sitting United States Senators with such contempt for the Constitution they are elected to follow and defend.

Just my humble opinions as crime and insanity go into high gear here lately, judging by a passing glance at each mornings news stories.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Canada's Long Arms Registry Scrapped

Due to it's overwhelming cost to tax payers, the ridiculously restrictive infringement on the transportation of guns from one location to another(like transporting from your home to the rage), and other ridiculous restrictions that came with the Registry in Canada, the system was finally scrapped.

Just to clarify, As I do have to follows these rules.....

The restrictions for transporting only relate to restricted/prohibited firearms in Canada. These are generally handguns, semi/auto rifles, and some shotguns....full list here www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca...

We still are required to register, and acquire a ATT (Authorization To Transport) form for
these firearms. And are still restricted to only the home/smith/club/range/event.

Long Guns (hunting rifles/shotguns....anything not on the restricted/prohibited list) were never required to have a ATT or restricted to home/smith/club/range/event. They were however required to be stored (including in your vehicle) with the ammo separate (which is a grey area).

The Long Gun registry only required that every non res/proh firearm be registered to a person and storage location. However, we already have a Firearms license that states the location, so the only thing this registry did was put a name to the specific gun and let the RCMP know that "yes this person does have a Long gun registered to property". You can have a license...but they don't know for sure you have a gun (unless it's restricted). That's what this registry did.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Feinstein Uses 'Fast and Furious' to Make Case for National Gun Registration

(CNSNews.com) – Making a case for national gun registration, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said “perhaps mistakes were made” in the botched gun-walking program known as Fast and Furious, but she said trying to assign blame misses the larger problem.

“This is a deep concern for me. I know others disagree, but we have very lax laws when it comes to guns,” Feinstein, an advocate of gun control, said during Tuesday's hearing of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime and Terrorism.

“My concern, Mr. Chairman, is that there’s been a lot said about Fast and Furious, and perhaps mistakes were made,” Feinstein said. “But I think this hunt for blame doesn’t really speak about the problem. And the problem is, anybody can walk in and buy anything.”

Yes, your concern is that Americans can exercise their rights. And somehow, to you, the GOVERNMENT running guns to cartels would be mitigated by a national gun registry that would later on be used by you and other gun grabbers to confiscate guns from Americans.

Sorry Mrs. Feinstein. Nowhere in the Constitution does the Federal Government have the right to create a national registry of anything.

What is this woman trying to say? That its american gun owners who are to blame for the government making a deal with the mexican drug cartels so that they could come across the border and buy fully automatic weapons? What the hell is this rabid ass politician trying to accomplish? Career suicide?

Hey as far as i am concerned the gun owners of america aren't the ones who brokered the deal with the drug cartels, its the givernment that did it. It doesn't matter if its the ATF or the DEA or the CIA, it was the government that F'ed up, not the citizens of america.

Oh wait lemme guess, the reason that the drug cartels have overrun and taken phoenix and tuscon are the american people's faults too right? Youre damn right about that, we should have fired all your (U.S. Fed Government) sorry asses and made a new government 100 years ago.
edit on 3-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Emptiness Dancing

Gotta get me one of those rifles, they come out of the box ready to lay waste to an army

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Does she even listen to what she says?

Her statement makes no sense whatsoever.

Those were my thoughts exactly.

Well, if nothing else, it's quite clear which side of the fence this b**** is on. I hope more of the politicians with her agenda open their pie holes to spew crap like this so we can direct them to the line marked "Politicians Committing Political Suicide." Step right up....don't be shy.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Any elected officials who are not expressing outrage at this Fast and Furious scandal and demanding action need to be thrown out of office now. It's that simple.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Does she even listen to what she says?

Her statement makes no sense whatsoever.

Those were my thoughts exactly.

Well, if nothing else, it's quite clear which side of the fence this b**** is on. I hope more of the politicians with her agenda open their pie holes to spew crap like this so we can direct them to the line marked "Politicians Committing Political Suicide." Step right up....don't be shy.

Remember Rep. Hank Johnson? What he said about stationing more Marines on Guam; "My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize,"

He's still representing the people of Georgia.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This is not about assault rifles or guns bought at gun shows.

This is about grandpa liberated german gun that he brought back at the end of WW2 that has no paperwork or the guns that many of us in our 50s and 60s got back when there was little or no paper work and the government has no idea if we still own , have long since sold or may has been destroyed in a flood or house fire years ago.

This has always been a problem if the government ever wanted to go door to door taking guns.
Who really owns the guns today.

And think about what would have happened if the government Fast & Furious had never went public and we had never known how many weapons the government had allowed to go to Mexico illegally.

And how do we know for sure that Fast & Furious was the only operation.
the anti gun people in the government may have been doing these type operation on a lot smaller scale for years

And how do we know that the government may not be running a fast and furious TYPE operation in the US selling or allowing gangs in big US cities to get/buy large amounts if weapons and increasing gang shootings and guns in the hands of gangs so they have a excuse to do a massive gun grab.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Mistakes are made in call of duty when you throw a grenade at a wall and it blows you up on the bounceback. What Obama's ATF and Justice Dept have done here is willingly participate in an international criminal conspiracy with a known drug cartel. That is not a mistake.

They want to take our guns because they know damn well what time it is. The illusion is over, and having a bunch of angry Americans that are armed to the teeth is bad for their health.

You're right it is not a mistake, in fact we have a long tradition of international criminal conspiracies with known drug cartels administration after administration ever since WWII. Why should they stop now?

Know where the money for the Skull and Bones fraternity came from? Well Russel was the owner of a company which smuggled drugs into China for Britain. Hmm. Didn't we see Bush kneel and kiss the Queens ring, but he wouldn't testify about 911 under oath and on the record? Are we not dealing here with a country where a surreptitious coup has already occurred?

Iran/Contra affair? But this time we found out that the drugs, or at least some of them were headed for this country. Remember Freeway Rickie Ross and Gary Webb? Gary blew his brains out with two shots to the head from a pump shotgun right as his second book was in the works. Two shots? From a pump action shotgun?

We all remember Air America in Viet Nam. No, not the cutesy movie A lot of that heroin was headed for our streets as well, but through the Big Pharma companies first so they could make their over-priced drugs for even less.

Many of us are unaware of the actions of the Dulles Brothers in the Middle East, but if drugs or gunrunning was called for, to our enemies even, then it got done. In fact, him and his group, which lasted long after him and included Richard Nixon and George H. W. Bush, engaged in this behavior at will since the CIA was essentially his brainchild and baby for many decades. Allen Dulles also gave us the Nazi Ratlines, though he did have a little help there. Dulles International Airport, Hmm?

Now we are in Afghanistan and videos are coming back showing our troops walking right by the harvested opium poppies. We are there for the Taliban, because when the Taliban was in control the opium production dropped to nearly 0. Until we went in and the production resumed on it's normal level. I wonder where this Opium is going, or went...

Fast and Furious is nothing new, just a new spin on an old and time honored system.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
No matter who says it there will always be a large contingent of people in the US who think that by getting rid of guns you will end crime( because that will get the criminals to turn there guns in
D.C. and Chicago had near total gun bans forever and we know how they where utopias). Those groups usually come from affluent area where they dont have to worry about crime as much. Ive had kids in my classes say that the castle doctrine (no duty to retreat from violence in ones own dwelling) should be done away with and people should be forced to leave their house when attacked because even criminals have a right to live.

I always find it odd that the anti gun crowd points out that that the 2nd amend plainly only applies to govt controlled militias. I think this was the point the Scalia missed in DC v Heller....courts always point to the founders intentions and yet none ever mention that one of the reasons the founder didnt want to get rid of guns was for fear of a powerful govt. SO making the militia controlled by the govt makes total sense right?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
First, I am a Federal Firearms Dealer: When you purchase a firearm it is a name, DOB, location of birth and vital info (height/weight). You show a valid Id from which the state you live in. If you are a permanent alien with valid green card or DHS entry card you have to show a few more things. The check is run through the FBI and you get three responses... Proceed, Delay or Denied. The examiner will ask what kind of firearm... which is Long Gun, handgun or other gun. At no time do they ask for the name of the weapon, model, serial number or calibur. The only time they know this information is if you buy more than two handguns in five days or for us in the border states, more than two rifles of 22cal or larger that are mag fed in five days. When a trace is run-- it begins at the manufacture to distributor to retailer to end user- unless of course they have sold it and the trail stops.

They want to know where all the firearms are at, from antique to war trophy and dwats. They should be more alarmed at the weapons coming from Latin America and how that will impact crime in the US.

BTW, the dealer can just say no and not sell a firearm. I had a guy come in the Spring and wanted to buy a bunch of ar15s...and I told him to get lost and reported it. Even if we get a Proceed from NICS we are not required to sell a firearm. So if a dealer did just that- just for the sale- shame on them.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Ever Wonder why so many Democraps are Against Gun Ownership in America ? I thinks it's because when We The People Finally have Tangable Proof of their Sheer Greed and Crimes Against our Constitution that they just Know we are gonna want to WASTE them All as Payback.............

edit on 3-11-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join