It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Oakland and Police Clash Again, Barricade on Fire, Flashbangs and Gas Used

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I suppose the police response to breaking bank windows, and lighting stuff on fire is "police brutality" as well then?

Leftists think the Right to Peaceably Assemble actually means The Right to Destroy, riot, break, and behave in a generally lawless fashion, and then cry foul when the police don't put up with it anymore.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Time to put the Smack down....

Funny how it seems the tone is going up when the media interest was going down.

I can tell you this. The "99%ers" aren't going to win much support for this.

IT ISN'T A REAL "MOVEMENT". It's a fabrication of things that sucked some sideliners into the mix.

The Tea Party is a Ream Movement. End of Story.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Between Oakland and Portland those involved are just derailing the whole thing. It's all ridiculous. Calling people scabs and telling them to F Off and blocking there paths to enter facilities etc. I am disgusted by it all and they are pulling this crap more and more now that more Law Enforcement are being ginger about everything since the incident with the Marine.
Makes me sad for those who are really out there trying to make a difference in a peaceful manner.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Oakland seems to be making the most waves as far as the Occupy Movement goes, or at least they are getting the most press. I'm divided on how I feel about their actions. On one hand they are playing the part of a lawless mob. On the other hand maybe that's what it takes to raise awareness for a cause...a little irreverence!

Either way I think Oakland is only the beginning, other cities will soon begin to crack down on the protesters who will become more lawless. Would be entertaining if it weren't real life.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
You would think all other "Occupy" groups would condemn what Occupy Oakland is doing...but they aren't...they are cheering them on.

So don't give me this BS that this isn't the face of this movement...I hear no one condemning them for what they are doing.

It's all the police faults....right

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I ask myself this

"Whoo was more likely to be attacking Whole Foods? Liberals or Provocateurs?"

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I ask myself this

"Whoo was more likely to be attacking Whole Foods? Liberals or Provocateurs?"

Wow...justification and turning a blind eye.

OWS wanted this to be unorganized and leaderless....well this is what you get. When you say your movement is open for all voices...that includes anarchist.

Don't try to exclude them now...OWS was set up from the beginning to fail like this. It was set up so they didn't have to take responsibility for each faction within their group...but sorry...it doesn't work like that.

Stop blaming every negative action involved in OWS as being done by "provocateurs" and just admit that a portion of your movement is complete trash and OWS has no way of distancing themselves from them.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The only people "rioting" are the police. Remember this is downtown Oakland CA and there have been a couple of broken windows and some graffiti. People are well armed in Oakland, gangstas are robbing and killing with regularity. Overall for a city that is plagued by severe crime the protests seem non-violent. It might go bad later, but really, I am surprised it has been this peaceful.

In fact many of the protesters are claiming the property damage was caused by agent provocateurs.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

In fact many of the protesters are claiming the property damage was caused by agent provocateurs.

Of course they are...because this is mainly a group of people who don't take personal responsibility for anything.

They took out student loans...but don't think they should have to pay them back. Their house is being foreclosed on, but somehow that isn't their fault. They don't have a job, but it's not because they are camping in a park all day/night...it's because they were "promised" a job when they got out of college...and no one handed it to them.

These continued claims of "it's not our fault" is really really making the whole movement look bad.

Take some responsibility for allowing anarchist and rioters to join your movement.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

BS. You let radicals like anarchists, wannabe revolutionaries, and the American Nazi Party join your movement and you wonder why you have riots? And you have the gall to blame it on "agent provocateurs"?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I suppose the police response to breaking bank windows, and lighting stuff on fire is "police brutality" as well then?

Leftists think the Right to Peaceably Assemble actually means The Right to Destroy, riot, break, and behave in a generally lawless fashion, and then cry foul when the police don't put up with it anymore.

And the response to damaged property is attempted murder/hard core violence?

And the Arrogant Right think the protesters should know their place and keep a peaceful protest in a quiet little corner so it isn't seen or heard..... like good little children.

These Cops are being set up.. and they are too simple minded and arrogant to see it.
The city gave employees time off work to join the protest.. and on the same day told every cop with a badge to report for duty, to manage the protest.

Mixed messages anyone?
Fill the crowd, and unleash the dogs.

Bigger crowd=bigger response=excuse to use bigger equipment.
Hell, they may even be able to get a bigger budget next year to cover these "uprisings".

They are being used like pawns to make a very violent point.
It's so obvious Stevie Wonder could see it
This isn't a conspiracy, it's right in front of you if you are willing to open your eyes.

Cops are being set up for a violent confrontation.. and they seem all too happy to oblige.
Blind fools with badges... this isnt' going to end well.

edit on 11/3/1111 by BadNinja68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

And the response to damaged property is attempted murder/hard core violence?

Really?

Things happen when riots break out.

And why the hell are you complaining? This is what OWS people want:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/ows_12.jpg[/atsimg]

Cops are being set up for a violent confrontation..

Yeah, by OWS.
edit on 3-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well they can not say it is *peaceful* protest
anymore, anyone calling the actions of these protesters
peaceful is out of there mind.

Of course all these violent Occupy Oakland protesters
are *paid government provocateurs*

It is getting beyond ridiculous this whole thing
is a huge circus fest with the protesters being
the wild monkeys.

The police obviously had to stop this rampant violence
that the protesters were engaging in. It is clear as day
the protesters are in the wrong here.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Notice in that graphic how strongly members here disagree with the use of violence. Only the gov / bot army strongly agree with violence not many members of ATS. That is how I read that graphic and many members support occupy to some degree.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Whoa Whoa it's not my movement. There are no leaders. The vast majority of the protesters are regular people that are pissed off at Wall St for screwing up the country. I gotta say I have seen ZERO "Nazis" on the local news. Hyperbole much?

"Oh no the Nazis and the bearded Bolsheviks are taking over America!"

Originally posted by projectvxn

BS. You let radicals like anarchists, wannabe revolutionaries, and the American Nazi Party join your movement and you wonder why you have riots? And you have the gall to blame it on "agent provocateurs"?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Ahh, so you have no leaders so it's all good then?

It's an interesting dynamic OWS chose to hide behind.

This article should help you figure out exactly who is supporting OWS, and hopefully, help you understand why there has been so much lawlessness
edit on 4-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Strongly Agree Total: 36%
Agree: Total: 19%

36+19=55

So 55% believe that violence would be a good thing.

Strongly Disagree Total: 17%
Disagree Total: 19%

17+19=36

36% overall disagree. 35% of members disagree. Luckily members here are intelligent people who recognize violence as a stupid way to handle this.

But otherwise, the numbers show that most of OWS believe that violence is a good thing and that what we're seeing across the country, the lawlessness, is just part of OWS.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

This people will disagree with you

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Care to explain what you mean by that?

Oakland has seen the lion's share of the violence begged for by OWS. And the rest of the OWS people in other parts of the country, and the OWS proponents here, are cheering them on.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join