It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel successfully tests advanced missile said to be capable of reaching Iran with nuclear warhead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
The news is complete BS, there will not be any attack on iran and nor are they planning such thing, the media is just stirring this sh*t.

Hope you're hungry...

You are going to be eating those words. Israel is most definitely planning this...has been for a very long time. Almost as certainly, they will carry it out in one fashion or another.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Unfortunately, I don't think it's that easy. Money talks, and unless you got A LOT of it, they don't want to hear what you have to say. Too sad.

Originally posted by Expat888

dizzy city listen to the people ? not unless you send them at least a 6 figure 'donation' .. then you might get 2 minutes.. Also in this case youd have to outbid israel they bought dizzy city long ago..

Keep in mind that 2012 is an election year for both Senate and House. They'll be more willing to listen if they think their butts might be on the line.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Maybe, but soon after those phone calls stop they'll get right back on track.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

They've had this tech for decades.

Nothing really new here. Their enemies know this as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
1948, 1956, 1967*, 1973.

The four times Isreal has been attacked by its Arab neighbors. (1967 Isreal started preemptively on hard intel, the Arab countries were only hours away from launching their attacks). 1973 the Isreali's were close to using their first nukes as they were about to get pushed into the mediteranian. Luckily the IDF pulled off a few miracles.

Since the 80's they have taken limited measures such as airstrikes, limited incurrsions, etc to prevent those same countries, (particularily Iraq and Syria) with a four time history of attacking; from adding nukes to their arsenal. OR the IDF actions were to prevent those groups/countries from firing rockets/mortars/terror attacks into Isreal. Said attacks happen to come from populated civillian areas, and unfortunately civillians get killed. The attacks into Isreal also directly target civillians. Also in the 70's and 80's they dealt with terrorism obroad on their citizens/interests, the Munich Olympics being probably the most notable incident. Yes, Isreal gets a little heavy handed, yes they get a little paranoid. But with that history I don't blame them. (And we didn't even add that the countries modern forefathers weren't that popular in Europe in the 30's and 40's).

Do I support they way Isreal handles everything..no, not always (the Palestinian issue would be an example, but that's a whole other thread)...but they aren't and haven't been calling for the genocide of the other side, nor have they launched 4 wars of conquest against their neighbors.

Yes they are defensive....at least strategicly... while the tactics they use for this defense often are offensive; typically to prevent or lessen the impact of actions from the other side.

edit on 2-11-2011 by SrWingCommander because: Spelling and structure

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
One note 56 was started by UK/France with Isreal with them......don't want to be misleading. Still 48, 67, 73 all Arabs attacking Isreal.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Nothing justifies the use of Nukes (or for that matter robotic/unmanned assault equipment). You wanna fight a war, put your breeders out there to die for real. Otherwise war becomes just a video game that's fun and addictive to play.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Maybe i sounds naive, but... seems like hitting any country in the world is easily within the realm of capability, if we can send rockets into space?

Did they really need to test the thing, or is this just for kicks?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42

Maybe i sounds naive, but... seems like hitting any country in the world is easily within the realm of capability, if we can send rockets into space?

Of course they need to test it, if it doesn't work properly it could have devastating repercussions. Everything needs to be tested if they want to progress.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Israel has had the nuclear ability to wipe out half the world for 30 years. I guess now they admit it.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42

It's just a message...a remionder to those who who screw around with Israel.

Be prepared to reap the whirlwind.

Nothing more.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I beleive the Jericho missile can carry conventional or nuclear warheads. Most likely it is designed with the nuclear option in mind, but that doesn't mean they don't or can't put conventional munitions in it.

I do think most of Isreal's nukes though are delivered by aircraft not missile.

They are just trying to look bad and let Iran know they aren't messing around.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Yeah, even if Israel does plan on launching their attack it won't start off nuclear. They've said on multiple times that that will not be the first Country to use nuclear weapons in the Middle East and I believe them. If anything happens, expect it to be conventional like what they did to Syria, only more "explosive". Speaking of Syria, I'm sure it won't be long before those war drums get louder now that the IAEA has disclosed they found a new secret nuclear plant (even though there is no activity going on other than cotton-spinning). Geez, where ISN'T there a problem?
edit on 2-11-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: misspelling

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Israel: Yeah lets nuke a country that talks Sh** about us, we cant have anyone bad mouthing us so we have to kill them all.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Didint israel receive from the USA some steath bomber and some bunker buster bomb a few months ago.

So im asking myself why does israel need more weapons to make sure that the middle east stays with the status quo..

I thought people needed peace not more guns...

Also isint israel capable of fighting most of the middle east, why to they need more bigger weapons

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
bs-__-

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Who were the smart ones who armed Israel with nuclear weapons?

Oh, ya..

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

Originally posted by Expat888
and when exactly is the last time iran invaded a foriegn country and slaughtered civilians ?

September 2, 2011 (Beirut) – Iran and Turkey’s cross-border attacks in Iraqi Kurdistan have killed at least 10 civilians and displaced hundreds since mid-July 2011, Human Rights Watch said today. Some of the attacks may have been carried out without sufficient attempts to ensure minimal impact on civilians, Human Rights Watch said.

www.hrw.org...

Iran was responding to terrorist attacks stemming from Kurdish territory in Iraq (just like Turkey, a NATO country). One could say that these counterattacks from Iran are similiar to when Israel assaulted Hezballah a few years back... except in that instance, Israel went far beyond Hezballah targets and bombed Lebannese infrastructure ranging from civilian airports to oil facilities (one such attack cause an ecological disaster when the oil poured into the sea). Iran never bombed major Iraqi infrastructure to my knowledge post-2003.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
One note 56 was started by UK/France with Isreal with them......don't want to be misleading. Still 48, 67, 73 all Arabs attacking Isreal.

Well, Israel declared itself a state in 1948, so one can understand why the Arabs attacked, and continue to so. If I went on your property and declared myself a state destroying your house and kicking you to the curb you'd be a little upset. Oh and all of this with the backing of the UN.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Nobody is going to nuke anyone, this is alot of bullcrap over nothing. If Iran had any intentions of attacking Israel they would have done it long ago. Their WOMD are non-existant. This is another jump the shark scenario like Bush Jr's bid that there were WOMD in Iraq just to give him an excuse to go ge this daddy's oil well back.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join