It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel successfully tests advanced missile said to be capable of reaching Iran with nuclear warhead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Israel successfully tests advanced missile said to be capable of reaching Iran with nuclear warhead - @AP

hosted.ap.org

JERUSALEM (AP) -- Israel on Wednesday successfully test-fired a missile said capable of carrying a nuclear warhead and striking Iran, fanning the public debate over reports the country's top leaders are agitating for a military attack on Tehran's atomic facilities.

While Israeli leaders have long warned that a military strike was an option, an intense round of public discourse on the subject erupted over the weekend by a report in the Yediot Ahronot newspaper that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak favor an attack.

Related News Links:

edit on 2-11-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: finished quote early

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Seems like things are heating up more intensely in the Middle East. Surely Iran now feels more threatened than ever, with Israel's successful missile test it's sure gonna make them paranoid!

Hopefully the attack they're lobbying for doesn't happen, although half the world is behind their back, it would be a horrible way to take things, there's still plenty of diplomatic courses that have yet to be taken.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Uh , Uh and with this news the things getting hotter

Israel Considers Pre-Emptive Attack On Iran

news.sky.com...

Netanyahu trying to persuade cabinet to support attack on Iran

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Yep...I think things are heating up. I got chills when I read that. I hope it never comes to that, but I have a feeling one day it will....

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
In that case I think Iran should pre-empt Israel's pre-empt....

2nd

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
*crickets chirping..silence..* just what expected no outrage or talk of sanctions by western countries over israel testing such a system and possessing nuclear weapons..
Had it been iran, nk, china, russia or any other country thered be howls of protest by western countries.. The genocidal psychopaths israel do it and the silence is deafening.. Gotta love western hypocrisy lah..

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
In that case I think Iran should pre-empt Israel's pre-empt....

That's the most intelligent thing I have heard yet.

NOT!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
*crickets chirping..silence..* just what expected no outrage or talk of sanctions by western countries over israel testing such a system and possessing nuclear weapons..
Had it been iran, nk, china, russia or any other country thered be howls of protest by western countries.. The genocidal psychopaths israel do it and the silence is deafening.. Gotta love western hypocrisy lah..

Israel = Defensive
Iran = Offensive

I didn't make the rules.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Israel = Defensive
Iran = Offensive

I didn't make the rules.

No offense, but I'm pretty sure that you have those backwards. Israel is most certainly not defensively posturing by testing new nuclear missiles and threatening Iran while Iran has only tried to bolster its own country ever since Iraq invaded it.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Israel has has been bloodthirsty for Iran for a long time now. It's almost time to feed.

It will be bitter though.

All the recent events leave no choice but to expect this war that everyone has been talking about to finally take off.

The body count is going to be pretty high

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

A country that lives its life from "preemptive" war is defensive? When is the last time Iran attacked anyone.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Israel = Defensive
Iran = Offensive

I didn't make the rules.

and when exactly is the last time iran invaded a foriegn country and slaughtered civilians ? Unlike israel who make a regular habit of invading nearby areas and slaughtering civilians.. Defensive on israels part = bovine fecal matter israel wants purely offensive capabilities.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

It's funny, Iran gets vilified & threatened for suspicion of building a nuke, meanwhile Israel gets the green light to have nukes and now this.
If there is any threat in the Middle East it's Israel and not Iran. And you're right, who in their right mind would blame Iran for wanting to build a defense to all this madness!?

Israel earns two
wayyyyyy down

edit on 2-11-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Now is the time to contact your Senators and Representatives. Tell them you DO NOT want them to support Israel. Tell them you DO NOT want troops sent in. If We The People want to avoid another war that we can't afford, this is the time to start. We need to urge our congress to start discussions now. This is our pre-emptive strategy. Hopefully, someone in Washington will listen and stop any involvement before it happens.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Israel = Defensive
Iran = Offensive

I didn't make the rules.

If Israel is lobbying to attack Iran, well, you got it ass-backwards

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Unfortunately, I don't think it's that easy. Money talks, and unless you got A LOT of it, they don't want to hear what you have to say. Too sad.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Now is the time to contact your Senators and Representatives. Tell them you DO NOT want them to support Israel. Tell them you DO NOT want troops sent in. If We The People want to avoid another war that we can't afford, this is the time to start. We need to urge our congress to start discussions now. This is our pre-emptive strategy. Hopefully, someone in Washington will listen and stop any involvement before it happens.

dizzy city listen to the people ? not unless you send them at least a 6 figure 'donation' .. then you might get 2 minutes.. Also in this case youd have to outbid israel they bought dizzy city long ago..

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

and when exactly is the last time iran invaded a foriegn country and slaughtered civilians ?

September 2, 2011 (Beirut) – Iran and Turkey’s cross-border attacks in Iraqi Kurdistan have killed at least 10 civilians and displaced hundreds since mid-July 2011, Human Rights Watch said today. Some of the attacks may have been carried out without sufficient attempts to ensure minimal impact on civilians, Human Rights Watch said.

www.hrw.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The news is complete BS, there will not be any attack on iran and nor are they planning such thing, the media is just stirring this sh*t.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Israel = Defensive
Iran = Offensive

I didn't make the rules.

...but you are making up new definitions for the words "defensive" and "offensive".

edit on 2-11-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join