It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry there is nothing i can do i'm just doing my job.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I was just contemplating that this could be the most powerful statement through out history.
I had the thought while looking at this thread.www.abovetopsecret.com...
It boggles my mind when i think of how i have been told this and have said it a few times.
It seems to me that judgement and discernment is what the founding fathers had in mind and that is what made america great.
I believe that we have lost that ability and it is a big part of our on going destruction.
Can you remember the last time you heard something along these lines?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm sorry, butt We are all dew'n our job.

What wuz the question?

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I would never agree to do a job that required me to make that pathetic excuse all the time.

Some jobs aren't worth doing, and some lies aren't worth living.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Perhaps this should be under the rant forum? I have heard this phrase but really dont see the relevance of it to anything? Could you perhaps elaborate a little please? I hate to be a stickler

edit on 1-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

link   
That's because those people can't make a moral decision if their lives depending on it. They can't initiate actions for a moral reason. Get away from these people as far as possible. Sometimes, they use these excuses to act immorally. I need to stop because I am getting upset now.

link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yea that's how i feel too.

Let's use the example of a triage nurse.
Do you think one would be justified in that case.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Let's use the example you provided.
Someone moves my thread to the hoax bin and i ask admin about it and they say were just doing our job.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I have always taken the hard stand. And thankfully my opponents were rational thinkers.

We came to a common middle ground, avoiding bloodshed in the process.

What used to be my job required hard choices.

All you have are your morals, ethics and a sense of honor. People need to stand by those.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.- Desmond Tutu

The great danger is that under the pressures of anxiety and fear, the alternation of crisis and relaxation and new crisis, the people of the world will come to accept gradually the idea of war, the idea of submission to total power, and the abdication of reason, spirit and individual conscience. The great peril of the...cold war is the progressive deadening of conscience.- Thomas Merton

“When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.”
-C. P. Snow

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

All you have are your morals, ethics and a sense of honor. People need to stand by those.
reply to post by TDawgRex

It can be very hard sometimes to make a decision against someone even if the facts at the time lead you to believe that hurting or ignoring something will be for the greater good.
It's hard thing to swallow.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

reply to post by TDawgRex

It can be very hard sometimes to make a decision against someone even if the facts at the time lead you to believe that hurting or ignoring something will be for the greater good.
It's hard thing to swallow.

There have been times where Insurgents took the hard line. But we did offer them a choice. Surrender and stand trial.

They choose death. I'm not proud of that, as a matter of fact, I think of those times as a failure.

But I have had more good meetings with village shieks, mullahs etc,.

A rational mind will not think of how they feel, but how they can effect the village, family for the better.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It all goes back to the saying i had no choice or even just feeling that you have no choice.
I have found in my life that when i see no other options i feel hopeless then looking back later i see that it was all just a matter of perspective and i had options i could not see at the time.

I'm thinking of things also like being arrested for eating a sandwich in a store and forget to pay for it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1-11-2011 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This is what I told their weeping wives and children after I shot all those brown people.

They were still mad at me, the ingrates, after i saved them from their lack of "democracy".

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I can hardly believe how obsessed we (not me) all seem to be about following rules.

I blame Christianity. the boy scouts. and mean kindergarten teachers.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I don't make the rules i just enforce them.
It is a very powerful action when someone hides their responsibility behind the rules.
I do not think that death is the worst action that can come from dropping personal responsibility.
Watching the fruits of leaders that envoke this crawfish stance is worse than death for me.
The next time you start to shift responsibility or see it taking place i beg you to take a step back and choose the road less traveled.
Either way were all gonna suffer so why not carry the load instead of passing the buck.
It seems to me that we have more to gain by living for the future rather than trying to shift blame to past events.
Let's make this about growth and not cheap shots because were all flawed but perfection is possible and has been proven.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join