It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How we came to be... but where did it all come from?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I believe in evoloution no doubt about it although the evoloution line only goes so far back... Now i am not very scientific minded but know enough to make my mind up on how we came to be.

I believe we all started as out as microbes, simple single celled organisms packed with proteins and whatnot.

Now i think... where did the microbes start out?

I remember watching and reading a few links a few years back which stated that these cells could have been created with with different elements interacting with each other, with our earths atmosphere also having a major effect on how our cells evolved once things like water and oxygen came into play after earth started cooling down.

BUT

this isnt really what i am interested in... i "wonder" what came first?

How did all of these planets, our lifes, all the other wonders of space come to be if the universe started out as nothingness absoloute nothingness. There is the big bang theory that a spark created all in the universe or whatever but how can that be if there was nothing to begin with. The unverse is infinite nothingness.

Like a locked room. Pure darkness and nothingness inside. Nothing can go in and nothing can go out.

How did something start to grow in that room if there was nothing aloud inside.

It boggles my mind lol as i stated i am not the most scientific person but have my views and would like to here some views from you guys because this interests me i am still learning a lot of things.

Also no offense to our religious members out there i dont mean to be nasty but please do not fill up the thread with talk about god and creationism and the like i just want to hear about the topic at hand thanks.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
In my opinion it's the ultimate question - what was here before the big bang
How can nothing be absolutely nothing? Religion shouldn't even come into it. No written scriptures have ever come close to explaining it.

2nd biggest question is what's outside the universe? It's expanding, but into what
There's always something outside of something.

Mind-boggling $h1t

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I believe deep down we all know the answer, but cannot see it in our current state. Once we die and our energy goes back into circulation, we will once again remember.

Since energy is the only thing I know of that cannot be created nor destroyed and we are made up of it, I believe we can never truly die.

edit on 11/1/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Digital i hope thats true thats what i like to think aswel.

Ginga i never thought about the universe expanding and expanding... you have just scared me haha

Yeah its the ultimate question i believe.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

edit on 1-11-2011 by jonco6 because: bed time

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

There is the big bang theory that a spark created all in the universe or whatever but how can that be if there was nothing to begin with. The unverse is infinite nothingness.

Like a locked room. Pure darkness and nothingness inside. Nothing can go in and nothing can go out.

How did something start to grow in that room if there was nothing aloud inside.

How did it all come from nothing? Good question. Put rather simply, the answer seems to be: the chances of absolutely nothing happening in an infinite amount of time is 0. But where did all this stuff still actually come from or how was it created?

In my opinion, this needs to be looked at from a purely abstract mathematical perspective. Lets say the state of 'nothing' is a neutral state, that would be best represented as 0. The state of 'something' would probably be best represented as the positive integer 1.

That's it right? Common sense would tell us we only have two possible states: 'something' and 'nothing'. However, if we are thinking about this mathematically, a neutral state (nothing) can't change into a positive state (something) unless something else changes.

You simply can't get 1 (something) from 0 (nothing). You need something to balance it out, to make it work from a logical mathematical perspective. So what is -1 plus 1? That's right, the answer is 0. There are 3 states. Not just 0 and 1. But -1, 0, and 1.

I hypothesize there is a negative state of reality which would perhaps be like a mirror image of this reality. The big bang was only one side of the actual explosion. In negative space there was a negative big bang creating an equilibrium.
edit on 1-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

edit on 1-11-2011 by jonco6 because: bed time

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
This is the most terrofying topic for me. I've nearly cried many a time thinking about it too deeply

There has to be SOMETHING.
HOW can there be nothing?
What is nothing?!

But at the same time I wonder how did everything as we know it come to be?

Where'd it all come from?!?!!

Imagine in a split second EVERYTHING vanished. By everything, I mean this Universe and whatever else is outside of this dimension, even 'Heaven' and 'Hell', what is there? pitch black darkness? or a blank white canvas? Even THAT is SOMETHING!!!

Symbol for infinity:

Which shows how time has always 'been'. No start or finish.
HOW?
I look at this and I instantly wanna put a line on the left

But then again how could it have started?!

I'm going mad.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

Haha thats what i think when i think about it to deeply... i mean even if there was a god that created everything then where did he come from?? Its all to much to comprehend lol

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

Its anybodys guess.
The methods applied by humans to understand the universe around us cant answer everything that needs to be answered.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Your right mate i guess we will just never understand... until the afterlife maybe? whatever that may be...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The process of evolution, that is, one thing leading to another, cannot extend back to infinity, as infinity is self-limiting.

Therefore, in order for anything to exist, there must be something that exists that was never created.

Maybe the answer is that there is no answer. It just is.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

Your right mate i guess we will just never understand...
You guys are such a buzz kill. Of course we can understand it. If we can understand when we are dead we can understand when we are alive (what ever that is supposed to mean
). I offered a legit explanation for how 'stuff' can come from nothing. The answer is negative stuff.

The concept of infinity is very mind numbing though. There's not much use trying to comprehend it. Think about this though. The number system has no start nor an end. Yet we can comprehend it quite well. Trying to comprehend a reality where there was no start to time is much more difficult though.
edit on 1-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: spelling

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The question is more than just how matter came to exist.
But rather how sentient minds like ours came to be... minds that are now questioning how it all came to be.

edit on 1-11-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Makes me wonder... if we where actually created... by a higher being (An intelligent life form) that we are an experiment. Left to develop and evolve and grow into what we are today.

But then where would the intelligent life form that made us come from??

I am just sounding silly now lol but the possibilities are endless.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I'd love to see subjects such as these - and other mystifying questions which we can find no answers to - raised in schools at an early age, and on a regular basis. Instead of putting kids on a conveyor belt, teach that the universe, religion, paranormal phenomenon etc has been the most intriguing aspects for mankind for thousands of years, and to discover just one of the answers would be one of the most remarkable achievements ever.

Billions of kids would grow up searching for clues and answers, studying these subjects more rigorously. This would give us a good chance of figuring out these mysteries a lot sooner.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vaxar
Makes me wonder... if we where actually created... by a higher being (An intelligent life form) that we are an experiment. Left to develop and evolve and grow into what we are today.

But then where would the intelligent life form that made us come from??

I am just sounding silly now lol but the possibilities are endless.

I think it's very plausible that another life form (alien species from another planet/galaxy) created us. An all seeing God which looks out across the universe... nah, I doubt it.

Maybe I've just been watching too much Ancient Aliens.

Link in case you've never seen it

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

I think it's very plausible that another life form (alien species from another planet/galaxy) created us. An all seeing

Who created these aliens?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

I think it's very plausible that another life form (alien species from another planet/galaxy) created us.

I agree that is a very likely possibility, but then one must ask where did the aliens come from. I believe evolution is the most plausible answer, but I don't completely dismiss the possibility of a creator. The Universe is clearly operating independently, there is no God overseeing and interfering with everything. We can analyze the laws of physics and see that reality always operates according to certain rules (even if we may not understand them all).

This leads me to believe that even if a higher being did set into motion the Big Bang and provide all the energy in our Universe, that being does not have an active role in the development or creation of the Universe.

In fact I think it could be more like an experiment to see what happens when the system is left to grow by its self. It's more fascinating to see the natural beauty of the Universe develop unpredictably. Well if we can understand all the rules then how come it would develop in an unpredictable way? Because the rules involve randomness. Quantum mechanics and chaos theory are two of the main areas of science that study probability and randomness.
edit on 1-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

This is very difficult to explain without writing pages so I will not, ill keep it really simple

The past effects the present and the future, the present effects the past and the future, the future effects the present and the past.

We exist and by we I mean life on the planet (other planets if there are) to make this reality exist in the order that it does and without life existing, non of reality would exist as it does.

If that makes sense, you should be able to see that our very existence is a paradox of sorts or I guess another way of putting it, is that we came from the past and (or) the future to effect the present, only when we know how we were created, will we truly know and be created

I had a hard time putting this into words but in your scenario if there was a black box with nothing in it, in the future there will be someone in it, therefore the person existed in the box in the first place in the present and the past but we can only see and understand how the present effects the past or future.

Thats about as close to what I am trying to get at as I can explain in language.

Past, present and future all effect and are linked to one another in my opinion.

Or maybe I should have been a politician

edit on 1-11-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join